Thread: NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades. Love it or hate it?

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades.  Love it or hate it? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades. Love it or hate it?

Pretty straightforward here.

Given that Seattle doesn't actually have a pick until the 24th pick of the second round (go go trades), I don't really have too much input on the subject thus far.

Dallas traded down to the 31st pick in the first round (can't believe they gave SF that spot, but they picked up a couple extra picks to go with it), so I won't have anything to say about that one until the time rolls around.

I know we've got some football fans here - shocked this thread hadn't already been made before I got home. Feel free to open discussion regarding picks thus far, especially if you are passionate about something your team did or opted not to do.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Bananarama NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades.  Love it or hate it? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda disappointed that the Jets didn't get Barkevious Mingo. I was hoping we could have him on the line with D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Brick n Bark will only be a pipe dream now

So far, I'm not thrilled, but we could possibly have something with our new CB... except that he's had 5 surgeries, has a rod in his tibia, scoped his knee our and had surgery on his shoulder a little over a month ago. He's gonna miss the entire offseason camp, but is supposedly the best CB in the game, which will be huge since we traded Revis. My other issue is that he's used to playing zone, where Rex likes his guys to play man. I'm sure it won't be awful, but still. The fact that he played for bama means that he should be NFL ready, and it was confirmed even further when he opened his mouth...

On that note, I'm kind of ok with that. It sucks because he was able to shut down pretty much anyone in the league, but at the same time, he blew out his ACL this year, so who knows how he's gonna be this year... PLUS he was kind of a pain in the ass with his holdouts and demands for more money and bigger contracts. Funny thing is that he took the deal with the Bucs, which doesn't have much guaranteed money.

We also picked up a DT with our second pick. He was a junior college transfer, which is very meh, and only played 2 years for a real school, if you want to consider Missouri's program real (shitty in the SEC east). He's not used to playing in the scheme Rex Ryan's defense uses, so I'm a little afraid that he's gonna get lost in the shuffle and not be effective. I'm thinking Vernon Gholston type of bust.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades.  Love it or hate it? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See what had happened was...

Once Upon A Time, the Titans went to the Superbowl. Everyone was so happy and excited.
    Except for one person..

Jamie.

See, the Year The Titans Went To The Superbowl fell on Jamie's 15th Birthday. The exact day. January 30th.
    The Evil Witch (aka Jamie's Big Sister) forced Jamie into a Titans t-shirt, hog-tied her, and made her watch this "legendary" game instead of celebrating her birthday.

Thus, Jamie hates foozeball now.

The End.

Then this one time, when I worked at Logan's Roadhouse, they were talking about the NFL Lockout being over.. This guy was like "I think I'm gonna cry! It's over!" and I, really did, say, "OH! What'd they get locked out of!?" It was pretty funny.

Bananarama NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades.  Love it or hate it? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm kind of okay with the Jets draft, after all is said and done. I'm surprised we actually picked up Geno Smith, because now we have a whopping 5 quarterbacks. Sanchez needs to go. It's not that I don't like him, I just think that we systematically broke him. In his first two years he was surrounded with a lot of talent and had good backups to mentor him. In his last two years, we got rid of a lot of that, and with switching offensive coordinators, I thought we'd give him a good shot to see how he'd stack up when he was finally free of Schottenheimer's "lets throw further laterally than downfield" passing style. But then we brought in the son of God in the form of Tebow. That undoubtedly screwed with his confidence, and it showed. It got so bad that we the stadium was at the loudest I've ever heard it when we brought in third stringer Greg McElroy. And in this past offseason, we also picked up David Garrard, who didn't play at all last year, after having shoulder surgery.

Long story short, we have 5 guys, Sanchez is psychologically broken, Tebow isn't a real QB, McElroy deserves a shot, Garrard is a crapshoot. I guess Geno is the way to go
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I want to play a game. NFL Draft: your team's picks/trades.  Love it or hate it? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I liked what the packers did in this year's draft. Picking up 2 of the top rb of this year's shallow pool of rb. Lacey and Franklin hopefully give them a better run game. Mgmt liked what dujaun harris did last year so with those three maybe we can get a run game. Open the back field and give rodgers less 2 safety reads.

They helped both their lines w/ adding a pair each. The OL line was decimated by injuries so those guys should be back giving time to the rookies learning. For the DL there are 5 free agents after this year so we needed to stock up and try to find a pass rusher (perhaps our #1 pick will help in that dept.)

Then we got some nice sized receivers real late in the draft. One okayed in div ii and the other didn't have that many catches b/c of the system marykand had. But they have good size and apparently speed. We lost jennings but either ross, who showed signs of progression, or boykin will fill that spot giving these new fellows time to get accustomed to the offense.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x