Thread: Making $$$ in Diablo 3

Making $$$ in Diablo 3

Seen some youtube videos and it seems like you can do that if you know the market, the prices and are lucky enough to snatch good items for cheap in gold AH and resell them for higher in RMAH. Who's done this and will this still be possible in the future? Is this sort of thing good or bad for Blizzard?

lol

You are going to have to spend months just to get your character strong enough to farm the high end level monsters and then you have a .01% chance to get something decent. All with you playing at least 12 hours a day. The prices on items have changed dramatically, the best time to do the Real Money Auction House was when they first implemented it because nobody knew any better.

Don't waste your time.

99.99% of the gear drops were worthless and you either had to get really lucky or grind grind grind for days to save up and buy something on the AH that was inflated to a few million.
    Last edited by loaf; 05-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Making $$$ in Diablo 3 che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much what Loaf said. The amount of time you invest grinding dungeons at endgame to make profit on the RMAH is insane. Your "profit" (if you can call it that) will be much less for your time than it would be to get a minimum wage job, working part time. You'll be rich compared to trying to play diablo for cash.

Think of it like this, someone who plays finds some rare drop, you want to complete your set but dont have the "time" to farm the item you want. So you drop 2.99$ on it so your character is more powerful to..................grind more dungeons to try to sell stuff on the RMAH. In the hundreds of hours I've played I think I made 30$ after spending 59.99$ on the game. And that was when people were buying shit for ridiculous prices because the game had only been out for a couple weeks. You will never see this kind of profit anymore. Otherwise....everyone and their mom would be playing this game and selling items which in turn means....a flood of items and a huge drop in prices.

TL, DR: not enough profit. don't play this game to make money, play it for fun.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Boxer of the Galaxy Making $$$ in Diablo 3 Rowan's Avatar
    Time spent doing that could be time spent working a job for more money. It's appealing to think you could be paid for playing games and that's the gimmick that helps sales.

People buy gold more then Items. Why spent 10 bucks on an item when you can spend 10 bucks on gold and spend all that gold on 50 bucks worth of items.

Also Blizzard enforces their own prices. It's their game, their auction house....they can just put up any item they want for real money.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I wasn't talking about farming. I was talking about buying items for gold for cheap and then selling them for real money for decent profit.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Making $$$ in Diablo 3 che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, see if it works. Report back pls

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys