Thread: Lullabies...

Lullabies...

do any of you know any good lullabies? I know this chick who is having massive sleeping problems, and I've been talking her to sleep recently, so she can get some decent shut-eye.

Do any of you know a good lullaby? I want to be able to sing her to sleep, and see if that works.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

There are alot that I sing to my son, but I usually just find an interesting song and put my own words to the tune. I am not a big fan of alot of the traditional lullibies because they are not personal enough for me.

Are you looking for more of the children style lullibies or one that is more centered for adults? An age range of this chick might help to determine what kind of lullibie you are looking for. If you are looking for something for someone that is over the age of 9 I would suggest something alongs the line of poetry or possibly a psalms depending on how religious the person is. You can always use a tune behind them and use it in a mellow fashion.

Sorry if I am not much help but I also don't know what all the factors are on this one.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Just ask her if this rag smells like chloroform

But seriously, like Meier said it depends on how old she is. You could try poetry or maybe I'm thinking some really mellow music (it doesn't have to be a lullaby) say like James Blunt or something, cause it's quiet and soft.

Vagabond Thief Lullabies... Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont do lullabies but I use classical music when I cant sleep and that usually makes me really sleepy and i dont wake up as much when i am sleeping. Also tylenol pm does wonders or she should see a doctor and they could prescribe her meds.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

as for the age, she's above nine, yes.

music? sounds like a cool idea. Im gonna have to try that out.

Im not one for older style lullabies,what I was originally looking for was something mellow.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here. Lullabies... diaryofjane's Avatar
    Yea really try classical music. It works the best, or folk music.
    My FF Family:
    God Daughter: LoVeLeSs
    God Father: Dark Squall

"I am lost in life and will always be lost in life. And no matter what, I'll always be lost and broken. Oh i'm here physicaly, but not mentaly, or maybe i'm here in both ways, maybe not. Dream big, and dear to dream."

Blog Entries
    If she is in your general age range, why don't you ask her to take a trip to poundtown downtown, if ya know what I mean?*bow chicka wow wowwwwwww*

If you can play some good acoustic guitar, try some soft chords or something. Soft music works wonders, like some others have said. If she's still having sleeping problems and she is a studious person, you could suggest for her to casually review some homework or whatever, see if that can get her sleepy. Also, beverages can sometimes work, like water, milk (this especially), or juice. That's all I can think of right now, but definitely try my first strat if she is at least a 6 on the chick scale. It works every time for me, so who knows
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2