View Poll Results: Keep the Humor/Word Games?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

15 41.67%
  • Negative

21 58.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Let's Be Civilized

Magically Delicous Let's Be Civilized Merlin's Avatar

Re: Let's Be Civilized

It has a hidden iframe in it which links to a hacked website. I believe they have more problems on their hands than a bad layout.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-27-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    What Sheena means is that it is completely unnecessary to merge Music or Television to the General Discussion. Keeping them separated makes things organized. We like organized. We're going to keep it that way, too. If anything, getting rid of MORE forums would make this place look even more boring and less appealing.
    There has never been talk of merging music or television to GC, and Victoria never said anything like that in her post so I have no idea where you are getting this idea from. Is it because you were reading Block/Che's ims that randomly brought the idea up, or what? In any case, try to keep up with the thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet
    Because there's Intellect Discussion, General Chat, and HW/G forums. Intellect is for debates, GC is for regular conversations, and HW/G is for thoughtless threads.
    What the difference is between a regular converstaion and a "thoughtless" one is what I'm asking. Not all the conversations I've had were thought out and had a specific point to them or had a goal in mind. It was just conversation, hence the general chat.

What about the forum right now is so hard to understand? I've never once had a problem figuring things out around here.
    The rules apparently are similar enough for the H/WG and GC forums to have duplicate topics, but we are trying to define whether or not the forums should be merged, changed or what. There seems to be a difference in opinion on what is "thoughtless", which could change the very outcome of the HWG and the GC forums. This is what we have been discussing all along, where have you been the past few days?

When I joined TFF, it looked perfectly fine to me. It's already organized enough as it is. If you think TFF is unorganized, take a good look at link removed..although I advise you not to, since their site has a virus atm.
    I disagree, and others that have posted in this thread feel the same way as I do. That is why we are posting our ideas to help bring activity to the forums. As of right now, a lot of us have posted our ideas in this thread, but due to your lack of understanding our ideas, I invite you to reread the thread again and post when you have understood what we are all talking about here. Also, I reported your post for a reason, I clicked on the link and my computer's virus protector went crazy, stop trying to send people viruses. Merlin removed it for a reason, PLUS advertising is illegal on the forums, you should know this because you are a mod

It sounds to me like someone is grasping with their feet And another thing that is directed at everyone, I understand your concerns with different ideas, but I think that instead of turning them down, people should think of their own suggestions and ideas instead of turning the thread into a bludgeoning of thought. Just sayin. <3
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Magically Delicous Let's Be Civilized Merlin's Avatar

You quoted the link. FTFY.

I really can't comment on the rest, other than I would find it really interesting to see a WG thread transformed into something beyond a spam-dump. Something like "What color is your underwear?" doesn't require any thought. I have no idea if that is an actual thread. Anywho, it would have to be a more detailed question than that. Even "What color is your underwear and why?" is too vague, IMHO. I mean, I assume you are wearing that color because that is what you or someone(hopefully close to you) bought for you.

Of course, I kinda think some of the stuff in GC is borderline "thoughtless" but meh. It's not nearly as bad as WG. If they were similar (hopefully better) than what is currently in GC, I wouldn't really care much. Anything remotely similar to what is in WG? No thanks

Air from my lungs. Let's Be Civilized Violet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    There has never been talk of merging music or television to GC, and Victoria never said anything like that in her post so I have no idea where you are getting this idea from. Is it because you were reading Block/Che's ims that randomly brought the idea up, or what? In any case, try to keep up with the thread please.
    I think you're the one that needs to keep up with the program, here. Of course I was talking about what was said in Block's discussion.

What the difference is between a regular converstaion and a "thoughtless" one is what I'm asking. Not all the conversations I've had were thought out and had a specific point to them or had a goal in mind. It was just conversation, hence the general chat.
    Because when someone posts a thread in GC, there is supposed to be more thought involved. In WG/H, it's more for games and amusement. I thought you'd know that already.

The rules apparently are similar enough for the H/WG and GC forums to have duplicate topics, but we are trying to define whether or not the forums should be merged, changed or what.
    Whether or not they should be merged or changed is up to the mods. You've already listed the ideas. It's up to the staff whether or not we take your word up on it. Imo, everyone's said enough to give us something to think about.

There seems to be a difference in opinion on what is "thoughtless", which could change the very outcome of the HWG and the GC forums. This is what we have been discussing all along, where have you been the past few days?
    In your backyard, watching you eat breakfast .
    Again, it's up to the staff to decide what is and isn't allowed. Don't worry yourself over matters you can't handle.

Also, I reported your post for a reason, I clicked on the link and my computer's virus protector went crazy, stop trying to send people viruses. Merlin removed it for a reason, PLUS advertising is illegal on the forums, you should know this because you are a mod
    You silly nilly. I edited that link out before I saw anyone respond. Che's the one that quoted my post and didn't change it.

It sounds to me like someone is grasping with their feet And another thing that is directed at everyone, I understand your concerns with different ideas, but I think that instead of turning them down, people should think of their own suggestions and ideas instead of turning the thread into a bludgeoning of thought. Just sayin. <3
    And I'm just saying that not a whole lot needs changing, just the WG/H forums. Every time we have something settled, you guys come up with another problem. Aside from you, Pete and Che/chad, nobody else has been making that many complaints. Sorry, but it's fact <3.

Anyways, thankyou all for your opinions and ideas. I'm officially going to close this thread. The staff have plenty to consider and decide amongst themselves, now. I'm closing this because I think enough has been discussed.

EDIT: I know it looks bad that I had the last say in this post, but this thread really wasn't going to get anywhere after what was recently said, so I think instead of going around in a ton of circles, and more feelings being hurt.. it was the best decision to close this. Sorry if you're one of those people that misunderstand my intentions, but at least most of you will understand . So, peace out, fellas~
    Last edited by Violet; 05-28-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6