Thread: Injuries, anyone??

Registered User Injuries, anyone?? Vogue Star's Avatar

Injuries, anyone??

So, on Wednesday night I ran into a few friends of mine that I hadn't seen in years. I had a fair amount to drink, some would say, too much... The result was me falling over an awful lot. When I woke up on Thursday I was rushed to a&e with a suspected broken ankle. Thankfully, it's just badly sprained, but Jesus does it hurt!! I still can't walk yet
    I've never broken a bone before so this is currently the worst injury I've ever had... what's yours??

Re: Injuries, anyone??

Dieing.

SPOILER!!:
    then coming back alive
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I was backed up on by a car, got caught onto some part of the back of the car somehow and was dragged a little ways down the street, apparently, when I was not even two years old. Someone had left the front door open and I got out at the same time an old lady decided to leave her home. Broken pelvic bone. Luckily, it didn't have any lasting effect on me.

But from what I actually remember myself, I've never had any real injury. Worst thing I've ever had happen was working at my fast food job and well, I'd get little burns here and there, but one day I really screwed up and splashed alot of hot oil all over my right forearm and hand, burning a decent amount of skin. I had to keep it bandaged and wrapped up for around two weeks.

Also at my current job, I use a stepladder to put things on the higher shelves and the stepladder has two steps. One day, I was on the top step and I thought I was on the first step. So I step down lightly, only I didn't know I was a little higher up than I thought. I landed awkwardly and at a certain angle, and while nothing actually got hurt, I felt the pressure in my shin that if I had stepped down with a little more force, my shin would've probably snapped in half and that would have PAIN PAIN PAIN written all over it. I mean, it hurts like hell just for me to get kicked in the shin. I can't imagine snapping it in two.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Dr. Prof. Failstrom Injuries, anyone?? Dr_Flea's Avatar

Rolled Ankle, Broken Nose, Broken Knuckle, Currently have the top of my foot bruised and various Bruises..everywhere...ohh and a cranked neck...good fun!

Gotta Love Mixed Martial Arts training! XD

~Dr_Flea~

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I've had a broken nose before. When I was around 12 or so, my little brother threw a hard circle toy at my nose because he got mad at me and busted it open. Blood was pouring out like crazy.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Passing fair judgement Injuries, anyone?? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I broke my leg bowling. The bowling ball came like a wrecking ball at my leg and shattered the knee area. Now that was pain, and my knee hasn't been the same since. At least it still works.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Getting stabbed can hurt like a bitch. XD
    I suppose cracking my skull probably wasn't good neither, but I didn't really get any more pain then a dull throbbing after the initial impact.
    Broken a few fingers and toes, one little toe looks off, I can bend my right pinky like an L to the side...

Those are the memorable things, most of my larger bones don't really seem all that breakable, possibly as I'm quite literally (x-ray visibly) big boned.
    victoria aut mors

Crash Boom Bang Injuries, anyone?? Lily's Avatar

i fell off a house once, well, technically I wasn't on it, I was half way up it, broke my aarm (for the second time - first time a boy called david pushed me off the smallest wall ever into the 'crocodiles') knocked a tooth out - which i still have issues with grr and had the biggest brusie down the entire right side of my body haha

ive had so many injuries though, im like a magnet to self destruction, i fell over inthe kitchen again the other day, when the freezer defrosts itself ALL OVER MY ****ING FLOOR, I really should start mopping it up rather than trying to step around it, urgh

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Injuries, anyone?? Tallulah's Avatar

Broke my ankle last Christmas, at the work's Christmas party, no less. That was not fun. I slipped on a small wet patch on the stairs (condensation from a drinks glass, I think it was) and fractured my ankle. I heard the snap, so I knew it was broken. That afforded me 2 months off work.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

All is One.One is All. Injuries, anyone?? Firefly's Avatar

Hmm..well recently I broke my pinky toe. Anyways,in kindergarten I broke my leg jumping off a couch and in 2nd grade some really tall guy was chasing me and fell ontop of me...breaking my wrist. Other than those,the worst things that have happened to me have been some pretty bad bruises and skinned knees(from softball pretty much).
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Injuries, anyone?? RagnaToad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Dieing.
    Is that a Chinese word?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

The British Guy. Injuries, anyone?? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have never broke a bone

I've only had three 'real' injuries I had 7 stitches in my forehead for jumping off the side of a pool directly into someones elbow in Tenerife, I once had a single tooth go straight through my tongue, at the time I only had one tooth as well, I fell of a fence and hit my chin on it.

Lastly I got pushed over in the play ground and grazed my elbow and of all the unlucky crap, I got blood poisoning and could've died.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nothing major. I don't think I've broken anything. I kicked a wall once out of anger, and forgot I wasn't wearing shoes, and my big toe bruised up and it hurt to bend it for a few weeks. It was a little hard to walk too, but I'm sure it wasn't badly damaged.

Some stupid kid rolled a log over my toes when I was about four or five. The logs were supposed to be things to play on in the playground, but rolling them around wasn't their intended use. I was playing with one, and they came over and started pushing it. So I jumped off, and it went right over them. All I remember is mum carrying me home from school, and sitting around with an ice pack over my foot for the afternoon.

I've had a nail rip through my calf when I was about seven or eight years old. My nan had made a shitty repair job on the ladder to my bunk bed, and it broke when I was climbing it. I don't ever remember it hurting, but there was enough blood and it was deep enough to scare the shit out of me. Because I didn't have stitches and applied iodine spray and strips, I got a little while off school to rest my leg until it healed.

I've also hurt my back a few times. A few pulled muscles, two trapped nerves (omfg, they hurt like a muffafudger), and etc. Usually after doing something big like that time I lifted two large boxes full of books and carried them up two floors... ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Injuries, anyone?? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last year I got hit by a motorbike. Me and my friend were walking home from school and this idiot was driving his motorbike on the pathway instead of on the mud path like he was supposed to. I saw him coming towards me and he wasn't very far away at all, so out of panic I moved onto the mud path and so did he. He came straight into me and knocked me down full force, and his front wheel landed on my tail bone which cause me a lot of back pain for the better part of a year, and my arm twisted and dislocated as I went down. The prick just drove off ¬.¬

When I was little, my old dog Sasha (not a friendly dog at all) bit me underneath my right eye so I had to have like eight stitches or something. I still have a faded red scar there but it's hardly noticeable.

I also fell down the stairs once and had to go to hospital with a concussion, but it wasn't anything serious. I've never broken a bone before (except for my pinky toe but everybody breaks those without even knowing it) and I hope I never do... lol.

Bananarama Injuries, anyone?? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lets see:

I've broken my nose 5 times
    2 concussions
    Torn ACL
    Got hit in the jaw with a baseball bat, full swing
    Fell out of the bed of a pickup truck twice and smashed my shins and knees
    Sprained or fractured my wrist. Dunno which; I put a brace on it for a month and it's fine now.
    Broke 4 fingers on 3 different occasions
    Broke my big toe

Numerous scars:
    slid on a nail when I was 5
    Cut my thumb down to the bone 3 times
    Almost lost an eye in the woods; had a small scar that ran from cheek to eyebrow

I've also probably gotten alcohol poisoning and should have died a few times.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

TFF's Resident Messenger Injuries, anyone?? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nothing major that I can remember. My parents have told me that on a camping trip to the Lake, I fell out of our RV and cut right above my eye. There is a scar there now, and it's location used to be noticeable; but as I grew, it moved to my eyebrow. You can barely see it now.

I know it's not an injury, but I did almost drown once. I was in our pool and all of a sudden I fainted or something. I don't remember anything except I was swimming and then I am on our deck coughing up water. I know it wasn't food related (wait an hour before swimming), because I ate lunch at noon and this was closer to dinner. I don't know.

Mainly just cuts and scrapes on the actual injury list. I have a scar from where a jumping cactus got when I was on the A Mountain for Easter. It is called "A Mountain" because it is a mountain with a large letter "A" on it. It may have another name, but I haven't lived in Arizona since I was eight, so I don't remember it.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

ok actually

Got hit by an SUV
    Fractured my wrist.

infected gal bladder. That's like it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Injuries, anyone?? sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im a ball player... and thru the years iv rolled both my ankles like a ton of times. and every time i absolutely hate it because i cant play ball for a few months....anywho, it often happens because ill have a really quick first step to pass a dude and then pop up for a clean ass jump shot (hang time.. lol).. but the defender dosent jump because hes too late but instead he stays under me so i land on his foot(done that the most)... other than that thats about it... oddly enough, every time iv rolled my ankle,its stronger than it was before by the time its healed

Registered User Injuries, anyone?? Vogue Star's Avatar

For fook sake! I just managed to start walking on the bad ankle today, only to get whisked off the emergency dentist! My wisdom tooth was killing me and I had to have an xray. Both wisdom teeth on my lower jaw are horizontally impacted, its creepy I'm on antibiotics now, awaiting a horrid operation. I hate you world.

Death Before Dishonor Injuries, anyone?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have broken many bones. Between high school football, and MMA fighting I was always in some kind of pain.

The worst injury I have had was a torn ACL. God was that an awful pain. Didn't think I would be able to play any sports again, but it healed surprisingly well, and fast.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Injuries, anyone?? Kuja's Avatar

I actually don't think I've had many serious injuries; no broken bones yet, or anything.

I think maybe the worst would be something I did to my finger, or something, messing it up. I can't remember what I did, because it was way back when I was in like... Grade 1.

Umm, besides that, my other worst one would be right above my foot, that I got about 3 years back. I cut it on a rock, and it was pretty deep. It bled alot, actually.

Oh, and when I was really young, I had gotten a bloody nose... I think I had ran into my parent's bed, or something, hit my nose on it, and it started bleeding.

Other than those, I don't think anything serious has happened. Only minor cuts and bruises.
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

I invented Go-Gurt. Injuries, anyone?? Clint's Avatar

I shattered the big toe on my right foot once. It doesn't seem like that huge of an injury, but surprisingly, you can't walk without a big toe. It wasn't too bad, though.

The worst injury I ever got was an injury I received lifting and moving heavy furniture while painting a few years back. I herniated a disk in my lower back. It didn't hurt at first, but eventually pain from irritated nerves radiated down my leg, which hurt like hell. I got the physical therapy needed to fix the injury, but the nerve was already damaged by that point, so occasionally, I still have pain in my back and leg.

I will save the world Injuries, anyone?? Hero without a Name's Avatar

I've never broken a bone, though I had a close call with my right arm. I was in gym class and we were doing basketball exercises, I managed to get a good jump but then I lost my balance mid air and I landed right on my back but my arm hit first and the pain just shot up my arm. Turned out to be a bad sprain, but I couldn't use for it a month and I had to write an exam with my left hand...the writing was so bad I got like a C- lol

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Over the passed 9 days, i had a pretty serious injury, which was life threatening i guess and im still recovering from...

Saturday the 20th i stirred from bed and got up to make breakfast, i noticed a pain in my chest, central area, it was growing throughout the morning, afternoon came and i began to roll some doobies, i just thought of it as another pulled chest muscle, they hurt like a bitch and so did this one, except this time it was affecting my breathing, i was short on breath pretty quckly.

Me being an idiot i went out and smoked a big doobie anyway, when i finished it and came back in my breathing got worse, i put my head on the desk and tried to calm my breathing, i felt sweat poring out of every part of my body. It was very weird, i panicked and sought advice from a family member who advised to go to the docs.

So i went to a pvt clinic as it was the weekend, they done an ECG and took my blood pressure and said its likely just a pulled chest muscle on your lung which can cause all sorts of problems, i should just rest it and take anti inflammatory.

So i did rest it for a few days, with a couple of doobs no doubt! hey it helps with the pain ! Come Thursday (6 days later) and the pain was nullified but the breathing issue was still there plus now my heart was racing after doing small things like climbing the stairs. So i was pretty much force to go to my local GP.

So my GP done some tests and said it sounded like an infection in the chest but he cant be sure with the tools he had, so as a precaution he sent me for an xray.

I went and got the xray later that day, i came out of the xray room shocked to say the least, they said i had extreme Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) i was rushed to the hospital where i had to get all sorts of shit done to me to fix it, some pretty intense pains in the recovery. I just got home today after being in the hospital since Friday, ive slept about 3 hours in total since friday morning, im feeling as wired as ive ever been today, i didnt think it be possible to be sober and stay awake this long.

So bottom line, if you ever get extreme chest pains for no reason at all, get a motha fuggin xray asap!!!

Anyway im off to chill and never smoke again

Oh and ive broken arms/fingers etc, but all pale it comparison to my punctured lung, it sucked, it sucked very much, broken limbs are a cake walk in the park in comparison.

Edit: Post 4000 WoooOOOoooooooOOOOooooooOOooooo cares!

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Injuries, anyone?? Tallulah's Avatar

OMG bad times, nix. Hope you get well soon.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)