Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm no racist, but...

Warlord of Your Mom I'm no racist, but... ultima_trev's Avatar

I'm no racist, but...

Have you ever been accused of being a racist against another race when in actuality you're not?
    Have you ever been accused of lying (and ultimately being racist) when you pointed out the blatantly racist behavior of someone who's a different race than you?
    Did the people of your own race agree that the other person?

This shit really pisses me off. I'm a YT, and far more likely to call a YT a honky or cracker than call someone of another race some degrading derogatory word... but yet somehow I (often) find myself in these predicaments. It just seems to me that people are so god damn insecure that they have to rely on the race card when pressure is applied. I dare say maybe even these people are so god damn sensitive about it that they're miserable self-loathing f*cks and need to accuse others of racism to cover up for their own god damn shortcomings. I admit, I'm ashamed of being a cracker, and I most certainly hate myself, but I fail to see how I get labeled as a racist against people of other colors.

...not that I really have a reputation to uphold or anything, seeing as my social life is non-existent.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Ah I hear you mate. Here in the country/burbs everyone's cool, they know nothing's really meant by a comment. But go into the cities and you can't say anything without someone getting offended in some way.

As the saying goes, some people need to 'harden the **** up'. Fair enough if there's ill intent, but apart from that people need to realise there's no ill will involved.
    victoria aut mors

The race card is an outdated, unnecessary (demogogue-ical ?) argument tactic that has no place in a progressive society. Sure, as a caucasian, I have inherited the history of my race, which includes genocide, slavery, as well as numerous other crimes and horrors.

However, there is something called "beating the dead horse". Simply put, you cannot continue to argue about something that has been rectified. The most common use of the race card I encounter is during Black History Month. Without fail, an ignorant or hatemongering African American will begin spouting hate for caucasians because of long-past events.

Yes, slavery is one of the most terrible things possible. Yes, the caucasian race was (past tense) guilty of supporting it.
    But:
    Not all caucasians supported it
    A great many fought against it.
    A caucasian man (Abraham Lincoln) OUTLAWED slavery.
    It was like, 100 years ago, I have absolutely nothing to do with slavery.
    Many facts about slavery were twisted by scchool textbooks. Although slavery is one of the worst things ever, it was not in every case the living Hell described by said textbooks. The vast majority of slave owners (like 85%) owned only a single slave. Some slaveowners allowed their slave to buy their own freedom, earn wages, become educated, and so on.

Beating the dead horse accomplishes nothing. Every time I go to Church, I don't complain about the senseless bloodshed of the Crusades, now do I?
    Last edited by Rasler; 03-12-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    3rd Division Captain of the Bleach Club
    Lurking member of the Old School Cult of Kefka

Govinda
    ...and before Caucasians ever enslaved black people, they enslaved other white people, just as the Africans were fond of enslaving members of their own race before we ever turned up. The white colonialists did go pretty all-out, though.

Ever hear that Avenue Q song, 'Everyone's a Litte Bit Racist'? It goes: Everyone's a little bit racist, sometimes...doesn't mean we go around committing hate cri-i-i-mes...yeah.

Unless someone's actually causing you distress on account of your race, leave it, or insult theirs back. People need to learn to laugh about the fact that we're all different, and to appreciate it.

Sir Prize I'm no racist, but... Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was called a "damn-cracker" once by an old black guy. You may think it's horribly racist, but I laughed my ass-off. Not in front of the guy, that would've been rude, so I had to kind-of run-off real quick. But it was the first and only time I've ever been called a racial slur and it took me a little off guard.

I really don't talk all that often so I really don't work myself into situations where I get called a racist. And seeing I'm not a racist, it's really not all that hard for me to keep that image.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Bananarama I'm no racist, but... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love this topic, especially because when I open my mouth people tend to brand me a racist. For example, we were discussing Coca Cola in my sociology class the other day, and this one mouth-breather called me a racist because I said that Coke was doing their job, by going to Latin America for resources, because they're cheaper there. Apparently I was a racist because I'm ok with the "exploitation of indigenous peoples" in order to get something I want. I'm pretty sure it just made me a capitalist and kind of an asshole, but that's aside the point.

Outside of the classroom, a lot of people think I'm a racist simply because I don't believe in handouts, like affirmative action. I've always been taught that the best man for the job should get the job. If that means the best people are all white, all black, all asian, etc, then great. I don't care if you're green, so long as you are the best for that job. I think it's absolute bullshit that in life or death positions, such as firefighters, not all of the best men are necessarily working because of affirmative action. "We have the top 12 white guys here, and then the top black and top hispanic here. It doesn't matter that the two minorities scored 20 points below the 13th ranked white guy, we're diverse!" Shit like that is reverse racism, and it's bull.

To be honest, I'm not a racist; I'll try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of their race. It's not going to stop me from laughing at a good black joke though, because that's what I find funny; plus, the jokes aren't told so much to disparage a race, but more to point out quirks, at least with the comedians I like and jokes I tell.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Cilla vs. Games I'm no racist, but... Priscilla's Avatar
    There are a few people around where I live who are incredibly racist. I don't copp a lot of it as being French doesn't make me look very different to everyone else. Though my Mother heh, her spelling and grammar is so incredibly bad because English isn't her first language obviously.

It's kind of annoying though with my family, there are a few racists. As in they would like me to marry a French boy to keep French in the family. Don't want to mix outside the ethnic group you know.

I guess sometimes people think i'm racist too because I would never date a black man. Nothing against them. I could be best friends with him, hang out with him. He could be the most awesome person in the world. I just couldn't find him physically attractive.

But hey, everyone has racial preference.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    I guess sometimes people think i'm racist too because I would never date a black man. Nothing against them. I could be best friends with him, hang out with him. He could be the most awesome person in the world. I just couldn't find him physically attractive.
    Anybody who thinks that is racist is an idiot. It's a matter of preference. I don't have a problem with inter-racial relationships, though.

As for reacism, I hate it. There's a thin line between what is considered racist or not. If you think somebody is an idiot, and they happen to be of a different colour, everybody slaps you with the racist card. "I'M an idiot?! What, because of my colour?!" Yeah, I hate that.

Race... Well, I'm Polish-Russian-British. I don't get blammed for that, although people do struggle trying to prounounce my second names. I find it's a perk, though.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Nothing like a bunch of middle-class white kids to talk racism.

People throw out insults all the time. Racist is a good one because it is so hard to defend against. Things shouldn't bother you if they weren't true. If someone called you purple, and you weren't purple, no worries.

Just ignore them.

I'm no racist, but... Yuki-onna's Avatar
    I wish nowadays racism could be laughed at, but sadly it's still a current touchy subject and most likely always will be.

My bottom line is - everyone is human. For ****'s sake, I'm tired of people going "I'm part this part that and therefore, my loyalties lie there. Even though I've never been to these countries."

You don't choose the skin you're born with - or what country. It doesn't define you. You are YOU - you're not a color or a nation. But, most everyone is raised with looking different IS different - humans can have very, very small minds sometimes.

I don't care what your color is, where you were born. Not that I'm perfect, but I like to judge people by what they do and who they are - if you're from a middle eastern country, does that make you bad? Why? Because a couple of fruitcakes did some crazy shit? No.

I have my paranoias, my standards, my precautions about people - but it's not limited to where you're from.

That's just what I think...

I am prejudiced though, I was subject to horrible racism for a number of years. Europe really isn't that american friendly as they may try to make you believe.
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

Cilla vs. Games I'm no racist, but... Priscilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    Anybody who thinks that is racist is an idiot. It's a matter of preference. I don't have a problem with inter-racial relationships, though.
    Yeah. I agree with you. I have no problem with inter-racial relationships either. Which is quite obvious as i'm dating an asian. Sometimes we get funny looks but I don't see why it matters.. i'm happy and hes happy and thats all that should matter. Not whether we are dating outside our ethnic group.

I abhor racism. Although I hate hearing on the news about Mexican immigrants demanding more rights especially for illegals. I get frustrated when I feel like I get brushed off because I don't speak Spanish. I'm absolutely perplexed when kids speak a whole ton of Spanish to me and then look confused as to why I don't understand them. I get furious when I read in the paper about a lady stating at a Council meeting that all cops should be required to learn Spanish for them (a reader pointing out that all the money required for that would make our economy slip even further into ruin)

If anything, I'm "lingually bias". I just get so annoyed by the language barrier we have here in Southern California. We actually have people here, I've heard it straight from them, who just shrug and don't care to learn any English when they move here because they have enough friends that understand English for them. But as much as I hate that, and I haven't had any problems, people would probably brand me a racist for it because whenever we try to solve problems and to remove the bias, it's always "Oh you're being so mean to those poor immigrants".

Blog Entries
    I'd also like to make a major clarification, which I think people confuse all the time. This isn't aimed at anyone here in particular, but just a misconception that I feel a lot of people have.

Racism is hating or discriminating against an entire race, and excluding people because of their race.

There are, I'd like to say four or five races, tops. White, Black, Asian (including Middle Easterners), Hispanic, and not to just lump all peoples of native descent into one group, but for the sake of argument, I'll just go with Aboriginal (meaning Native American, Australian, etc- essentially "Red" people).

Prejudice/ bias is discriminating against someone because of an extenuating circumstance. This also has to do with nationality, etc.

So, essentially, making a joke about Polish people isn't racism... it's just a joke. Having a sign saying "Irish need not apply" is not racism, but prejudice. Not wishing to date someone because of the color of their skin is not racist, it's preferential, but judging them based on the color of their skin is racist.

Example- Al Sharpton= racist. He discriminates against all whites, firmly believing that they are evil and out to get the black man. He also called Greeks "Homo's".

KKK= racist. They hate all people who aren't white, and they even hate a great deal of whites who don't fit their bill.

Example 2- Me= slightly prejudiced. Yes, I'll cross to the other side of the street if it's dark outside and I see a group of blacks or hispanics dressed all thugged out. It's moreso common sense than anything, but it has much more to do with the fact that they're dressed like thugs than the fact that they're minorities. Granted, that fact doesn't exactly help their case.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I'm not racist so much as I am stereotypical. Keep in mind a good friend of mine from high school is black, kthnx.,

If you act, talk, work, ect like the "stereotypical" black guy, I'll brand, talk, treat, ect you as such. If you don't, I give you the benefit of the doubt and treat, act, talk, ect as such towards you as if you were a normal human being.

The same goes for all races, but that's the easist one for me to point out.

Yeah.... nothing else to add at this moment, sorry. =\

The Persistent Flourish I'm no racist, but... Alice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorath Sodom View Post
    Have you ever been accused of lying (and ultimately being racist) when you pointed out the blatantly racist behavior of someone who's a different race than you?
    Oh, yes, definitely. There were these kids that wouldn't shut the heck up about me being Asian and teasing me about it. I finally cracked and told them to stop it, pointing out the way they were acting. And the response? Well, a friend of theirs came over and just said that I was a racist myself for saying things like that to them. Okay...what the hell? Talk about instant reactions. I had not even said a single thing that was close to what you would call 'racism'. And if just saying the word 'race' counts as being so, I'll be really surprised. I think I'll add in here that me and that certain group doesn't get along very well. And I think it is fairly well obvious that I don't support racism at all. Neither do I recall ever saying a serious racist comment to anyone. Ever.

Good thing however is that considering I've moved onto High School now I'll never see them again. Woo hoo.

The damage i could do in this thread....

must.....resist.....urge.....to....post.....what.. ...others.....would.....deem....a racist.....rant... GAH !

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol!

i was once accused of being racist - cos i called a black boy stupid. WTF? even my teacher hated me for two weeks - my favourite teacher hated me, and didn't believe that i was telling the truth. anyways, this boys mum came into the school, shouted at me, and all the black people at my school hated me. it took everyone to whole weeks to realize that i was in fact telling the truth.

now i'm not being funny, but i have haver cried wolf or anything - i always tell the truth cos i'm so bad at lying, lol!

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The joke is far too true I'm no racist, but... loner-kid's Avatar
    Ugh I hate that just cos they're black doesn't mean that we're not aloud to hate them

That sounds racist but it isn't

Blog Entries
    i hate people... so much.

there's a difference. you called a kid stupid, who happens to be black. NOT racism. You call him a dumb nigger, and yeah, thats racism. People have to learn that just because you say something to someone does not make it racist, unless race is the proponent of the comments.

and nix, pleassssssse rant. i would but i dont have the time

oh and fuck you all who are gonna call me a racist because I dropped the n-word. I'm not using against anyone specific; it's just a word, and like all words, it depends on the context in which you use it.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Oh Pete, you gigantic cracker, foo' shizzle.

In absolute honesty, this sums up the absolute truth;

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    there's a difference. you called a kid stupid, who happens to be black. NOT racism. You call him a dumb nigger, and yeah, thats racism.

oh and fuck you all who are gonna call me a racist because I dropped the n-word. I'm not using against anyone specific; it's just a word, and like all words, it depends on the context in which you use it.
    ---------------
    Whether you're black, white, red, yellow, green, purple, multi-colored or a bit of everything, you can't suggest somebody is racist because they call you "stupid" or "loser"... That's just... pathetic and a weak way of standing up for yourself... I think Pete summed it up best.

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Whenever I hear "I'm not racist...but..." it's always followed by something racist, so I don't see the point to saying you're not racist in the first place. Why hide your racist views?

...Are you actually that clueless that you didn't even read through the title post?
    C'mon man, you can do better than that. If you've really got such a problem, why don't you actually pick up some kind of a valid point and make a debate about it rather than be a total troll about the title of the thread?

In fact, I think it'd be really cool if you read some of the posts and THEN accuse us of being racist... Honestly, you won't find any racist commentary to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by vevuxking102 View Post
    Whenever I hear "I'm not racist...but..." it's always followed by something racist, so I don't see the point to saying you're not racist in the first place. Why hide your racist views?
    Whenever I read one of your posts lately my brain hurts, a lot, so I don't see the point. Why must you make my brain hurt so so much?

Moving on:

It's my experiences that "minorities" (I use that term loosely*) like to play the race card against a white person whenever they feel it's applicable.

That story sounds extremely farfetched though, but it could've been based on the context in which you called said black kid stupid, ect.

Ahhh.. the racial slurs we utter in the kitchen. At each other even. Don't get me started on that. <.<;

*Current population trends dictate African-Americans and Latin Americans will outnumber whites in America in the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez
    In fact, I think it'd be really cool if you read some of the posts and THEN accuse us of being racist... Honestly, you won't find any racist commentary to go off of.
    I'm racist against humans whom are stupid. Does that count? =D
    Last edited by Sean; 03-23-2008 at 10:49 AM.

I've never run into anyone who used the whole "I'm not racist..but" or a variation of that without saying someone extremely racist or bigoted afterwards. If that makes your brain hurt, oh well. I remember running into one guy who told me something that literally began with I'm not racist but and was succeeded with some long tirade about how mexican immigrants degenerate every single community they move into, that they are all prone to violence and crime, that all their social ills in their country is due to inferior qualities in their genes, and a bunch of other crap vomited right out of Neo-Nazi propaganda. To those who say "I'm not a racist, but..." I say just embrace your inner klansman, inner nazi, inner black panther, inner whatever racist thinking you subscribe to, and leave me alone.

As for the subject of a certain ethnicity being guilty of slavery, which of course is always targeted at white people, it's funny that no one mentions the fact that an African slave trade had existed for a long time before
    the European slave trade that involved Muslims settling in Africa and acquiring black slaves and bringing them back up in the Middle East. That slave trade existed before and even after the European slave trade was abolished. It's even funny to point out that the whole Curse of Ham being related to black skin that Christians in Europe used to justify slavery was actually originally a Muslim theological position. So the whole guilt by race is selective, and not even used correctly.
    *Current population trends dictate African-Americans and Latin Americans will outnumber whites in America in the next 10 years.
    Uh-huh...
    Last edited by vevuxking102; 03-23-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Quoted for truth.

So many people will throw out that preamble as if it gives them authority to say any racist thing they want.

I live in Southern California, which is filled with cowardly racist, who always start off their dumb statements with "I'm not racist...but..." It usually comes from the cowardly white racist, and they say it to me as if I'd agree with their crap, and the ironic thing is...I'm not white! Why preach to the people you hate?

I do what you can't. I'm no racist, but... Sasquatch's Avatar
    Why do people think that factual information is "racist"? Why is it that some people think that pointing out poverty, education, drugs, or crime levels among specific ethnic groups is somehow prejudiced, or that recognizing the societal differences between American ethnic cultures equates to "hate"?

Let's just face the facts. Some of the most well-known black spokespeople -- Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson -- are racist themselves, blame their problems on white people, make excuses for black culture, etc. etc. There's a difference in a fight for equality -- which is something that nearly everybody would support -- and a fight for special rights and recognition. There is no difference in racism against any race or in favor of any race, yet racism against whites and in favor of many minorities is not only widely accepted, but supported.

Why are black people more likely to end up in jail than whites? Because they commit crimes. Why are black people more likely to end up as teenage mothers, highschool dropouts, drug addicts, gangsters, and more? It sure as hell ain't white peoples' fault, I'll tell you that much. And honestly, if somebody is ignorant enough to think I'm racist for recognizing the truth, I don't give a damn.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Why do people think that factual information is "racist"?
    What factional information is considered racist? And by whom?

Why is it that some people think that pointing out poverty, education, drugs, or crime levels among specific ethnic groups is somehow prejudiced,
    It's only prejudice when it is inaccurate, like the claim I got that Mexicans degenerate every single area they move into in the US, and I appreciate being called a degenerate by the way...

that recognizing the societal differences between American ethnic cultures equates to "hate"?
    Who's saying pointing out social differences equates to hate? What differences are you talking about?

Let's just face the facts. Some of the most well-known black spokespeople -- Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson -- are racist themselves,
    Some of those people are probably racist, but I never heard Spike Lee say anything overtly racist, but I don't know much about those guys.

The funny thing about those racist you listed however is they their racist ideas aren't as hardcore or outspoken as white racist in America, and while inexcusable, they are not as bad as the average American white racist views.

blame their problems on white people, make excuses for black culture, etc. etc.
    What excuses for black culture? What is black culture anyway? Isn't there a bunch of black cultures?

There's a difference in a fight for equality -- which is something that nearly everybody would support -- and a fight for special rights and recognition.
    A fringe few in the US on all sides fight for special rights. Who are you referring to specifically and why do you think that is a problem?

There is no difference in racism against any race or in favor of any race, yet racism against whites and in favor of many minorities is not only widely accepted, but supported.
    Who of consequence and of power supports racism and racial laws and programs against whites?

Why are black people more likely to end up in jail than whites? Because they commit crimes.
    What actual statistic shows that? Find me what statistic at the US department of Justice's website that shows that.

Why are black people more likely to end up as teenage mothers, highschool dropouts, drug addicts, gangsters, and more? It sure as hell ain't white peoples' fault
    Show me the evidence that any of that is true.

I'll tell you that much. And honestly, if somebody is ignorant enough to think I'm racist for recognizing the truth, I don't give a damn.
    What truth is leading you to these stupid ideas?

I live in Southern California, which is filled with cowardly racist, who always start off their dumb statements with "I'm not racist...but..." It usually comes from the cowardly white racist, and they say it to me as if I'd agree with their crap, and the ironic thing is...I'm not white! Why preach to the people you hate?
    You confuse me. I'm still questioning whether you're a gag account or not. You seem to be quite adamantly against racism, but in your 2 or so days on this forum, you have already accused Jews of being "the real Nazis" (and I'm paraphrasing). Are you just looking for a good time or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Why are black people more likely to end up in jail than whites? Because they commit crimes. Why are black people more likely to end up as teenage mothers, highschool dropouts, drug addicts, gangsters, and more?
    I'm interested what your answer to those questions are. The silence and context in which the questions were asked seems to imply your answer would be, "because they're black." I'm pretty sure you're smarter than that though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The reasons are economic. White kids that grow up in ghettos have the same problems as black, hispanic, asian or any other kids. Poverty can lead people to undesirable situations, race aside.
    Last edited by Jin; 03-23-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Until now!

I'll tell you that much. And honestly, if somebody is ignorant enough to think I'm racist for recognizing the truth, I don't give a damn.
    When I said Jews are the real Nazis, I meant that their attitudes nowadays seem a lot like nazism, and with no nazis in power, they seem like the real nazis. Fred Phelps meant that term because he thinks the Holocaust never happened and that Jews have been an oppressing force for thousands of years. I do not subscribe to such ideas. What I meant was that Jews still act oppressive, just there is no conspiracy behind it. It's just what a lot in the religion think as.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast