Thread: Say if this happens to you

Certified tech, come at me! Say if this happens to you SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Say if this happens to you

Ok just to start off, i'm just brainstorming here and I'm curious to see what you guys say. When a person makes a mistake, do you...

A: Walk out on them and hold a grudge
    B: Leave them alone for awhile then talk it over when things settle
    or C: Simply look past the mistake and forgive them

My response to the situation, sometimes I go with option b and there are plenty of times i'm able to go with option c. It depends on what you're up against of course and there are mistakes that are pretty bad. Just assume its a simple, common mistake everyone makes.
    Currently Playing:

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Say if this happens to you che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Say if this happens to you

It's totally situational. It's not like I have set options to choose from. Question is also pretty vague. Are you sure they made a mistake and you aren't the one who did?

The Mad God Say if this happens to you Heartless Angel's Avatar

Mistakes are mistakes. Depends who makes it I suppose. If it was someone I acually gave a rat's ass about, I likely wouldn't even care. If it was somebody I already disliked, I'd probably just ell em to go **** themselves, since I was probably on the verge of saying it anyways, and not have anything more to do with them. If it was somebody who NEEDED the moment to themselves, I'd back off and confront them later. There's no one size fits all solution for any problem, and trying to find one is rather pointless.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Certified tech, come at me! Say if this happens to you SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    It's totally situational. It's not like I have set options to choose from. Question is also pretty vague. Are you sure they made a mistake and you aren't the one who did?
    From the question, its if the other person made the mistake. Not trying to be vague about it, just decided to jot this question down for brainstorming purposes.
    Currently Playing:

Ellipsis Say if this happens to you Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Option C. It depends on the mistake, really. Even if it was a "simple, common mistake", it may be a mistake I would consider "the most fatal, life-threatening mistake that I would never, ever think that could/should see the light of day"(Okay, maybe I exaggerated too much, but I'm sure most you guys know where I'm getting at.)
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Lady Succubus Say if this happens to you Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's situational like Che said. There's not really a set way to answer every single time, but mostly it's either B or C.

Say if this happens to you rJ floW's Avatar

You usually let it go, unless its something serious, like causing bodily harm...but always keep in the back of your mind that they did make the mistake, because most people repeat their mistakes. And you don't wanna get burned twice.....
    tHe ChOsEn
    rJ floW
    .EcKS.
    Lionhart2001 aka Pete
    LocoColt04
    Telegraph aka Calamity Taco
    Neo Necron
    OceanEyes28
    Usagy
    This is why bitches love me

Human crack in the flesh, im the last of the best, one word to describe me? Spectacular yes"-Juelz Santana-

Bananarama Say if this happens to you Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It really depends on the mistake. I mean, I usually wear a rubber, so I don't have to worry about any mistakes.

But in all honesty, it really boils down to what exactly the mistake is. Some are far more grievous than others, and have the potential to cause far more harm than others. In general though, I'll usually berate the person based on how severe the mistake was, and that'll be that. No use in holding grudges or being a ****, unless the mistake is constant; at that point, we call it stupidity.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Gingersnap Say if this happens to you OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha... I was telling a friend about this today. I'm pretty much all love, and I don't hold grudges very well. I said that and he said, "I don't know, Alisyn, I can see you cutting ties with someone." And that's true. But it's not really an anger thing. Eventually, if I keep getting hurt, I just become indifferent and have a hard time loving that person anymore.

I forgive easily but it takes a while for me to open up again once I get past a certain point.

um.... so yeah, B and C I guess.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on the person and what they've done. I know that when I'm angry with someone, my first reaction is to lash out or go completely quiet and become withdrawn for a while. Mostly the later.

I eventually forgive, although I can sometimes hold a grudge. So... all of those options apply to me in different shapes and forms.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Say if this happens to you Diyala's Avatar

For sorrow after dealing with people different times I concluded to the fact that you should put boundries , Coz if not ppl will do wrong over and over without thinking that this hurts and we're done bearing .
    I forgive at first, but if the same person did another mistake
    that was hard to forgive I will use option b , coz I don't like to have hatred inside my heart and prefere to reveal what bothers me about that person and what he did , then we are both equal and satisfied ^^
    Mostly I don't take everything seriously and be blind on tiny rediculous mistakes that aren't done on purpose .
    so we used to forgive but when it hurts we are not to ignore the pain .
    nice thread ,thanks
    Himi
    Last edited by Diyala; 01-28-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Bananarama Say if this happens to you Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yknow, the mistake that really bothers me the most, and really gets a reaction out of me is when I'm at Dunkin and I order something like an egg and cheese or sausage, egg and cheese on a cinnamon raisin bagel and get it on a croissant instead. It's happened at least five times between the two that I regularly go to.

The first two times I let it go, figuring they were busy or misheard me (a long shot, I know), but the next three, I'd gone back and have it remade, since it's happened more than once, and I ****ing hate croissants. I told them that if it happens again, I'm throwing it at the window.

Usually I'm really forgiving of mistakes, but when it's the same one that keeps getting repeated, it really pisses me off. Hell, I wouldn't even get mad if they used a different kind of bagel, but I really hate croissants. They flake everywhere, and I usually eat my food while driving.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I guess it depends on the mistake the person did.
    Normally, I tend to forgive people after a few hours, or minutes, if it wasn't a bad mistake.
    But when people really get on my nerves and make a mistake that REALLY bothers me, I'd say that I need to get distant and avoid the person for at least a day. Then, probably, I'll forgive the person and everything is fine again. ^^"
    All in all, I forgive EVERY mistake a person makes. Sometimes, though, I change my opinion about a person.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Mojo Jojo Say if this happens to you Trunks's Avatar

I'm generally quite laid back about most things. I have a habit of letting things slide. Like some people said though it depends on the mistake. If somebody calls me 'Brian' instead of 'Si' I'd probably just go ahead and respond with a laugh, maybe throwing in some sarcasm 'no no, call me Brian...' etc etc. If somebody just ran over my dog because they weren't looking as they backed off their drive- I'm going to show them the hard end of a sledgehammer. It's difficult to judge reaction without knowing the severity and context of the situation.

To answer your question in a more helpful way Id say most of the time, for me, it would be C. Again depending on the variables of person and context.

Registered User Say if this happens to you CloudvsLightning's Avatar

hardly ever c .... mostly a and b ..... no matter what the situation unless i am feeling rather patient

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Registered User Say if this happens to you GameMasterGuy's Avatar

A little bit of each, depending on the situation.