Thread: I don't even know

Bananarama I don't even know Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't even know

Anyone else have those awkward moments where you just don't even know what to say to a situation? I had one today.

I was exiting a Panera from the rear entrance, since my car was parked in the rear lot. As I was opening the glass door, I didn't see a kid (maybe 8-10 years old) sprinting around the corner into the path of the door. He did a quick sidestep to avoid the door, which I already had open, and his momentum carried him over a small ice patch and right into a parking sign in the sidewalk. He smacked into it with a loud THWACK! He was out cold, and his mother or grandmother (couldn't tell) looked at me, shrugged, and said "he'll learn one way or the other," before I could even ask if the kid was ok. I just kind of stood there for a second and then walked to my car.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Sounds like good parents. and I'm not joking.

My parents treated me like this.

First of all, why is this kid running around ice? Learn his lesson.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy I don't even know Rowan's Avatar
    I was at work in the I.T office and a kid brought me a laptop to fix and the other student that was with him said to me "Theres so much equipment in here im surprised you dont have armor on"

...?

Blog Entries
    Oh I was raised the same way.

And Rowan, I don't even know what that means. Maybe it's a weird way of saying you could get robbed because of all the gear?
    Last edited by Pete; 02-10-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

#LOCKE4GOD I don't even know Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I was at work in the I.T office and a kid brought me a laptop to fix and the other student that was with him said to me "Theres so much equipment in here im surprised you dont have armor on"

...?
    Was it, like, going to topple on you? That is a bizarre thing to say.

One time I, my partner, and one of our flatmates were watching a DVD at night. I spy out of the corner of my eye a really big shadow in the doorway from the kitchen (which leads to the back door). I freak out and point, so everyone turns. This (very!) large Polynesian man then says "Oh where's the pool table?" We all look at each other like WTF are you on, why are you in our house, what is all this about a pool table. Judging by his tone of voice and the fact that we're not dead, I worked out that it wasn't a home invasion, he's just a drunk guy. Really drunk. I ask if I can get him a taxi, if he know's where he is etc. He sasys "Nah I'm alright" to the taxi, repeatedly, and "Isn't this John's place?" as to whether he knows where he is. I sort of lead him out the back door, and then he sort of struggles to tie his shoelace before wandering out the gate.

Boxer of the Galaxy I don't even know Rowan's Avatar
    I dunno guys, it was well beyond my level of comprehension. It was awkward because I asked him to repeat what he just said and in my mind I said to myself "Yep, he did just say that..." and then I said nothing and continued to work on the laptop.

Gingersnap I don't even know OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    These are amazing.

Only one for me that comes to mind right now, not nearly as good as the ones I've read so far: I work at a payroll company, and one of our clients called and asked to speak to one of my coworkers. I said, "Okay, I'll see if he's available. Can I tell him who's calling?" which is our way of asking who we're speaking to.
    He says, "Sure."

..........k.

I am apparently too awkward to be like, "Okay, so who is this?" so I just put him on hold and told my coworker that someone wanted to talk to him, and if I knew who it was, I would be allowed to say, but I don't.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Certified tech, come at me! I don't even know SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I walk into a restroom at target, while I was in there, this guy comes in and he's all like "Hey, guess what santa got me for christmas!?" he goes on to say "I got a big screen tv, a computer chair" I don't remember the other things he had said, but it was amusing and random. He might be one of those guys with a mental condition, he was about middle aged or older. This was during the summer when I experienced this.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    LOL I can relate to the "sure" comment, I've done it myself before while working.

I kept getting calls from Pharmacy and random nurses during my whole shift on a busy day, and by now I've kinda more or less got them on autopilot with answers because I'm usually working on charting while I'm getting called, so one of the pharmacists called me back near the end of the day just to thank me for all the hard work I had done that day and the first thing I replied with was "Sure."

Foot in mouth... I am becoming more like JD from Scrubs by the minute...
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. I don't even know Zargabaath's Avatar
    I read it as a RPG/DnD joke. Equipment which leads to armor. Of course I could totally be wrong about that.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    I was once offered crack in the beer aisle of a ghetto grocery store. My roommate and I were looking at the beer selection when three guys came up to us and asked us what was better, Big Bear or Hurricane. We both said Hurricane, which apparently pleased the guy.

He said "you niggas is smart, wanna buy some crack?" To which we stood there for a moment, totally confused. We then replied no, and the guy introduced himself as black Rob. He then told us we know where to go if we ever need crack
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

My first day Delivering pizzas for dominos someone offered me crack.

"hey yo man you work for dominos?"

"wanna buy some rocks?"

Also Rowan, that is how I picture 90% of your country, is that stupid. I'm sorry.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Certified tech, come at me! I don't even know SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had another moment where I was in a book store looking at a gaming magazine. A woman walked by and, I guess, caught a glimpse of a page I was looking at. I don't know how this happened but apparently the guy in the picture looked like tony hawk to her because she put her hand on my shoulder and said "I know tony hawk, I knew him since he was a kid." and then walked off.
    Currently Playing: