Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What social media platforms do you use?

What social media platforms do you use?

Facebook, Twitter, Skype, DeviantArt, Youtube etc. Which ones do you use?

Boxer of the Galaxy What social media platforms do you use? Rowan's Avatar
    Facebook n skype

Bananarama What social media platforms do you use? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh, I post here. That's pretty much it. Used to have fb, twitter, and all of that garbage, but now I have nothing and is glorious. I value my privacy and am so much happier with everyone knowing my business.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Queen What social media platforms do you use? Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Used to have fb, twitter, and all of that garbage, but now I have nothing and is glorious.
    Not if you're making money off of it ^_^ Its how many photographers n potential clients get in touch with me. I get sent free clothes,jewellery etc because of my insta n my tumblr is for asks/fanmail bt I deactivated it for the time being.

Bass Player Extraordinaire What social media platforms do you use? Joe's Avatar
    I've got Facebook, but I mainly just share king of the hill photos. I also have Skype and a YouTube. But I havent uploaded anything to it in ages.

And an Instagram, but I only post cat and food pics on it
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

The Old Skool Warrior What social media platforms do you use? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All of them. Except tumblr.

Part of networking, and also part of why I entered hardcore lurker mode for a while. Meeting lots of industry people, bunches of developers, hitting up dev parties, shit like that.

I absolutely understand where Pete comes from and there's part of me that envies him, but it's such an ingrained part of my life (and actually, part of my job too - on a small scale, the social media manager locally) that I don't know how different everything would be now without it.

I used to loathe Twitter.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Not if you're making money off of it ^_^ Its how many photographers n potential clients get in touch with me. I get sent free clothes,jewellery etc because of my insta n my tumblr is for asks/fanmail bt I deactivated it for the time being.
    That's your profession though, and good for you for being able to market yourself through social media. I'm actually being sincere with that.

With the type of work I want to get into, it's easier and smarter for me to not post anything about myself. When your potential employer has all candidates go for psychological review, and they ask why you have a picture of yourself drinking a beer, it's easier to just get rid of everything. Plus, anyone I really care about, and vice versa, I have their numbers and we text or call and actually hang out.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

What social media platforms do you use? cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm.. Tumblr and Skype mostly, though I get on Facebook on occasions, mostly for family and to post pictures of the kiddo for them to see. Otherwise I get bombarded with phone calls asking me to post pics.

I'm actually a part of the RP community on Tumblr so that's the main reason I'm on there. There's a pretty decent size FF base RP group set up and most of the people there are pretty friendly. It's really laid back and less structured than Forum RP, mostly because it tends to be one on one. I miss the days of big group roleplays and being able to develop big plots and storylines though.

Only Facebook, but my circle is friends is very small, and my privacy settings are such that I'm only searchable, but nothing I post is viewable. I wanted potential employers to google my name and find my public-facing Facebook, with an image of me, my name, location, and education, but nothing more.

I have a linkedin as well, but I'm mostly using it to network with my former class mates.

I have a twitter, but rarely use it, and never tweet anything.

That's your profession though, and good for you for being able to market yourself through social media.
    Not really, it was something that happened for me on the side I kept getting msgs n my following just kinda grew n grew over the years. I never really expected anything from it bt I guess I was lucky. My point was that along with its downsides (eg lack of privacy bt then again Ive never posted nything incriminating), social media eg. instagram, Blogging, Youtube etc is a lucrative career now and can open up so many doors for you.

I invented Go-Gurt. What social media platforms do you use? Clint's Avatar
    social media eg. instagram, Blogging, Youtube etc is a lucrative career now and can open up so many doors for you.
    Ha! "Career." Do you know what a career is? Brick laying, and you can't do that on a computer, because if you do, the weight of the bricks will break the screen, and mortar will seep into every nook and cranny of the device. Technology and brick laying don't go hand in hand, and that's a fact. Doing anything besides laying bricks is a waste of time. The world isn't going to build itself.

I blog sometimes about my lucrative career as a brick layer. I also use youtube to show people proper masonry techniques, and sites like Instagram and Facebook to show off my skills to potential contractors.

I lied. I'm not really a brick layer. I'm just irrelevant.

It needs to be acknowledged that any way of supporting yourself even if it isn't traditional (or as physically taxing), so long as you aren't stealing or hurting anyone, is a real job. Its sad n pathetic to criticise someone for making a living doing something they love and enjoy and/or are good at. Blogging isn't all that new of a career and despite what you may have heard, it isn't going anywhere. There are tons of people out there making a living doing just this. The pipe dream is to be self-employed n my social media platform has given me n others that opportunity (aside from my main jobs), n that is to be able to create n grow a brand for myself n in the very near future, collaborate with one of my employers n design my own clothes.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually guys, a career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life, with opportunities for progress. Occupation, career, whatever. Doesn't matter what you do. It's still valid and relevant to someone.

I use Facebook and Twitter. I sign up to other things and never use them. Quite frankly, I'd be happier without them sometimes. Harassment isn't fun, and it's just another way to be targeted or stalked.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

This is why I hate this place. I made it perfectly clear that I was being satirical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddamn Clint Eastwood View Post
    I lied. I'm not really a brick layer. I'm just irrelevant.
    See? No sense of humor. It's a goddamn epidemic. The only "career" a woman has is supporting her husband. That's also a joke, and it's dumb that I have to explain that. It kind of ruins the joke.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with the 70 some people in this world that I actually care about. I don't use anything else.
    Last edited by Clint; 06-13-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know that you mean no harm. I'm mildly amused.

What us doing me harm is all the spam in my inbox from all the reporting going on. I count ten emails in the last six hours. I have seen them. And if I get one more, spam warnings for everyone. <3

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Old Skool Warrior What social media platforms do you use? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saw ridiculous satire.

For what it's worth, I saw no "direct attack" nor indirect. It's quite clear that nothing Clint posts is serious. Almost ever. He's playing a persona on the internet, but not doing anything to hurt anyone with it in the process. Do you really think the guy (or gal) on the other side of the screen is really a brick layer? That he doesn't understand that people actually make careers out of internet fame now? If he's still using a web forum in the age of Facebook, I guarantee he knows that.

Maybe it's better if you guys just don't step on each others' toes for a bit.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ten people complained about my post? Geez, people must really hate brick layers. Brick layers are people too, and they deserve equal rights. To promote my belief in equality, I think I'll start a social media campaign in support of it.

The 37th Red Spade What social media platforms do you use? Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really use any social medias; I used to, but I deleted those a while back.

I use this forum, of course, but websites like Facebook and Tumblr and all those are a bit too much for me. Privacy means a lot to me.

I'm perfectly content with this small community we have here.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

TFF's Resident Messenger What social media platforms do you use? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Brick lives matter!

(That was for you, Clint)

I use...

Facebook - Daily
    Twitter - Rarely (directly), but it's link with Facebook, so Daily (indirectly)
    Tumblr - I have one, I just never use it.
    Skype - It's on whenever my computer is on.
    YouTube - I am working on uploading more often.
    Ello - Yes.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Gingersnap What social media platforms do you use? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Instagram best. I also use Facebook.

I have a Twitter but I forget about it. I have a wordpress blog that I write things in. I look at other people's tumblrs but don't have my own. I used to use Skype a lot but now I forget to log in. And I've almost been convinced to get a snapchat, but not quite.

I used bricks to steady my amp because I wanted to tilt it back at an angle last night. So, you know, I'm pretty relatable.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    What social media platforms do you use? Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most of my social media usage is not based upon interaction, but upon observing/following/digesting information and new content (not including the IM services, which exist solely for interaction). What I use my YouTube account for, as an example, may not be what you think (hint: it's just a glorified bookmarks list.) These are the only ones I use on a fairly regular basis:

YouTube - for following content providers
    Twitter - for news, not for tweeting/interacting
    SnapChat - for the odd/funny observation or pithy comment to send to friends
    Skype - for messaging friends
    Outdated IM services - for fossils like me who still use 'em
    deviantArt - used like YouTube, but for artists
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

I really only signed up to Snapchat cause my friends were annoying the sh*t out of me to get it n now i snapchat sext em (partial) nudes which they report lmao

Gingersnap What social media platforms do you use? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe if I get snapchat, my cute friends will send me nudes too..... I hadn't thought of that.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    What social media platforms do you use? Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Maybe if I get snapchat, my cute friends will send me nudes too..... I hadn't thought of that.
    Man, I really need to think outside of the box. I just use SnapChat to make fun of shit.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Plus, anyone I really care about, and vice versa, I have their numbers and we text or call and actually hang out.
    You never call, you never write-- breaking my heart man.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Snapchat
    Tumblr
    Twitter
    Ello (I guess)

Mostly to psuedo-market my photography but actually just drunk/lifting ramblings and photos of cute girls.

Blog Entries
    I know. I'm pretty horrible with making plans because I never know what I'm doing or where I'm going to be. It really makes my life difficult.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Banned What social media platforms do you use?
    The oldest, best one of them all: Good 'ol fashion Human Interaction.

All jokes aside, this place? And Facebook as a necessity, not a hobby or obsession. If I've got time to just kill, I'm working on something of substance, like writing.

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

I really only signed up to Snapchat cause my friends were annoying the sh*t out of me to get it n now i snapchat sext em (partial) nudes which they report lmao

So I just joined Snapchat...

Certified tech, come at me! What social media platforms do you use? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Skype is my favorite although not too much conversation happens there for me, the perils of being social.
    Currently Playing:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast