Thread: Gameplay design thesis questionnaire regarding the role playing games: Skyrim and FF 13

Gameplay design thesis questionnaire regarding the role playing games: Skyrim and FF 13

The purpose of this study is the examine design choices of role playing games (RPG) as a part of my thesis work at the media technology program of Centria University of Applied Sciences, Finland. Toward that end, I am collecting questionnaire data of gameplay experiences of Final Fantasy XIII and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The data will be collected anonymously and analyzed statistically. My analyses will aim at examining how gamers from different countries experience various design decision of the single player RPGs in question. Getting a large number of responses is critical for completing my thesis study so I greatly appreciate your participation.

If you wish to participate please fill out this form: Gameplay design questionnaire regarding the role playing games: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Final Fantasy XIII

Bananarama Gameplay design thesis questionnaire regarding the role playing games: Skyrim and FF 13 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just did the survey. One thing I noticed, on page 5, where it asks about enjoying being able to modify Skyrim (Question 8.2), I feel like that should be a two pronged question.

As in:

1. Did you use mods to alter Skyrim? Yes/No
    If yes
    2. I enjoyed being able to mod Skyrim on a scale of 1-10

I didn't mod it, and I don't know what portion of players did. I don't want you to get skewed answers, where people who didn't put a 1 or 10 just to put something because it's required.

This question also comes up in page 6, 9.10

Otherwise, I was happy to help. Good luck with your thesis!
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I filled out your questionnaire, but I've only ever tried the games briefly. I wonder if that will help you.

Best of luck!
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just did the survey. One thing I noticed, on page 5, where it asks about enjoying being able to modify Skyrim (Question 8.2), I feel like that should be a two pronged question.

As in:

1. Did you use mods to alter Skyrim? Yes/No
    If yes
    2. I enjoyed being able to mod Skyrim on a scale of 1-10

I didn't mod it, and I don't know what portion of players did. I don't want you to get skewed answers, where people who didn't put a 1 or 10 just to put something because it's required.

This question also comes up in page 6, 9.10

Otherwise, I was happy to help. Good luck with your thesis!
    thanks for the feedback!, yeah i realized its repeated in 9.10 this is due to the question being different in the FF section

Bananarama Gameplay design thesis questionnaire regarding the role playing games: Skyrim and FF 13 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So how did this study ultimately pan out for you? I'm starting to feel like some of the girls I banged in college... Still waiting to hear back from you, but mildly satisfied
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

hah! the survey went great, trying to finish my thesis by the end of this month - especially noteworthy is the amount of data i got from the qualitative answers (the optional questions about how you would change x element)!

i got around 150 or so responses!