Thread: Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1

Bananarama Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1

Okay, this is by far the best idea I've ever had for TFF. Each thread will be an entry into what will eventually become something like an encyclopedia for everything TFF. This way newer members can feel a little more connected and in the know of this site's history, and the older members. Questions are always welcome!

Volume 1: The StarSoldier Saga

Back in the summer of 2003, we had an administrator named StarSoldier, who was entirely sick of her duties. She grew tired of the usual duties; rename this person, close this thread, ban this person, unban this person, etc. She wanted to end her tenure at TFF completely. In an AIM chatroom, she had devised a plan to fake her own death.

The plan went as follows: Now, StarSoldier is from Florida, her friend Nightshade, is also from Flordia, and was real life friends with her. I am from New York, and another member, Spekkio was from Indiana. Keep this in mind.

StarSoldier was to supposedly have gone to a "teen club," where someone would have spiked her soda. It was never specific whether or not she died from the drug or someone murdering her, but she was supposed to have been found dead nearby and being drugged was supposed to be a cause.

The member Nightshade was to have been too distraught to post the actual notice of death, but would delegate that task to Spekkio, who would report it to TFF. The main goal behind this was that Spekkio believed he would be promoted to admin in the chaos and ultimate power vacuum.

Spekkio wound up posting the notice of death, and there was a mixed reaction. People reacted in shock and horror, myself included, as was part of the plan. Others simply called her out on her shenanigans.

It was not long before StarSoldier had enough, and simply went off on everyone in one final "screw you guys, I'm outta here" type of post, explaining why she had done everything that had occurred. That was the end of StarSoldier on TFF. I can't recall if that was it for her on aim, but I'm sure others may.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Shan'do Spike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't recall if that was it for her on aim, but I'm sure others may.
    It was the end of her activity on AIM, but she was still on every now and then, and she continued to come into the TFF chats for a bit. That certainly marked the downturn of her activity, though.
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Registered User Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1
    Wow... That is a pretty crazy story... Now out of even more curiousity, would anyone happen to know if the thread about StarSoldier's "death" is still around?

I looked in the member index for Spekkio and tried looking to see about all the threads he made, but there were no matches found. I also did a search using Starsoldier's name to find her "screw you guys" post, but all I got were threads just talking about her, and none that she herself made...

Yeah, I'm nosey.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    I still don't think Nightshade was in on that, and to begin with the whole thing didn't last very long. He wasn't very active then, so it's likely he didn't even know. I totally forgot about the Spekkio's plot though. He had a monopoly in that sort of stuff. So awesome.
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 12-10-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Bananarama Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah S, I wasn't too sure Nightshade really had anything to do with TFF as much as the chats. I know Spekkio had an agreement with Starsoldier that he would somehow become an admin because of it. NS was moreso the real life connection to legitimize everything, because how would anyone else know if she was dead without his saying?

And Dodie, I can't get into the mod forum anymore, but I wouldn't doubt that the whole transcript is still in there.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Lady Succubus Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, but everything beyond 2003 (make that 2002. I saw some 2002 stuff in the archive. But if it's not in the archive, and it's older than 02-03, it's not here anymore.) is wiped from the database because one year, like...Oh, I don't know, when I was still a Super Mod, we somehow came to the decision to do a massive spring cleaning of threads and accounts at TFF.

So everything that was really freaking old, got pruned from the database forever, lowering the total post count below 100,000. I remember Dawezy going crazy over this.

Then it was deemed that we'd never do that again. ...Though I think accounts are still pruned on a somewhat regular basis.

Edit: I just looked into the archive. There are very few 2003 threads in there. Most are from 04 and onwards.
    Last edited by Victoria; 12-10-2009 at 09:13 PM.

All TFF history begins and ends with Braska Spira. Other stories may be interesting, but that was the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yeah S, I wasn't too sure Nightshade really had anything to do with TFF as much as the chats. I know Spekkio had an agreement with Starsoldier that he would somehow become an admin because of it. NS was moreso the real life connection to legitimize everything, because how would anyone else know if she was dead without his saying?
    I remember that being the blatant flaw in the entire plan. Spekkio was the one who presented it. I sort of remember one or two people speaking up and saying something like, "Why would someone who doesn't even know SS in RL know this!?" or something to that effect at some point. I don't even remember Nightshade posting once to back it up either.

Who's going to recite the Legend of Braska Spira?
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 12-11-2009 at 12:28 AM.
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Blog Entries
    I remember seeing once that Braska had his own forum, and people on there who must've been from some different forum, and the way they were talking to him made me assume that his "legend" is spread throughout the internets. I think that if you look up his name in TFF's search engine, you can still find the thread where the moderators of the time discussed what to do about him. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Shake it like a polaroid picture Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 RagnaToad's Avatar
    Tabitha.

Another piece of TFF history.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    Actually, from what I understood, it was just Braska talking to himself, Telegraph.

is braska the guy who hacked TFF or somethin?

Blog Entries
    No. I think there's some stuff in the Archive about Braska.

Is this what all the hub hub is about?

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/cl...ska-spira.html

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's precisely who we're talking about.

This ain't no place for no hero Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Tiffany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    All TFF history begins and ends with Braska Spira. Other stories may be interesting, but that was the climax.

Braska Spira!!! Gawd, I totally forgot about him. I remember when Scopian had a parody of him in his avatar. I think its still the same.

Braksa Spira: Old school sucks! yeah!

Holy funny memories, man.

Also, now that I think about it I'm reminded of those cards that Cain Highwind was making for people. I had one but damned if I know where it is now.

They were awesome!
    Last edited by Andromeda; 12-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    is braska the guy who hacked TFF or somethin?
    That was EDO.

And Tiff has reminded me of the old EBG/Tantalus movies haha. And the cards, I don't think I have mine anymore either. Not since my old computer went kaput, anyway.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 Shan'do Spike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Holy funny memories, man.

Also, now that I think about it I'm reminded of those cards that Cain Highwind was making for people. I had one but damned if I know where it is now.

They were awesome!
    I believe victory goes to me for not changing my avatar in what, six, seven years?

Other stories that would be enjoyable to tell from way back when would be the Forum and Clan Wars stories.

I don't suppose anyone still has a copy of the old EGB videos, do they? Or is still in contact with Korova?
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Blog Entries
    Jet Pack SOLDIERS.

Had a copy of it two computers ago, don't know if anyone else still does.

Also, the TFF Christmas Carol. I might still have a hard copy (don't ask), maybe I'll try to dig it out later.

~DragonHeart~
    Last edited by DragonHeart; 12-13-2009 at 05:22 AM.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

The Evil Bad guys huh ?

I bring to you those movies without the creators consent because im an Evil **** and joint leader of the EBG...

Episode 1 - Rage of the Hydra

Episode 2 - The Untimely Death of Gooku Hooku (original)

The brought back some memories..

EDIT: Just realised the last and longest epsiode is missing, ill see if i can find it..
    Last edited by nix; 12-13-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Encyclopedia TFFanica Vol. 1 RagnaToad's Avatar
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    Here's episode three. Thank google.

http://leonhart.net/ebg/Ebg3.swf

I saved all three on my PC, to be hosted on my web space as an alternate mirror of sorts.
    Last edited by Victoria; 12-13-2009 at 10:40 AM.

humm i thought 3 was the last, i now know there was more, perhaps 4 is the last, has anybody got that one ?

Good job Sheena!

Blog Entries
    http://leonhart.net/ebg/Ebg4.swf

By a little thinking, I found episode four. And no, four isn't the last one. Apparently Korova never finished them. >_>;

Oh man, I was going to post it up so we didn't have to leech off of that space anymore... oh well.

Korova started on Episode 5 and had 6 all planned out too. But as the episodes got longer and more intricate he lost the will to match what he did before. And so he tried other side projects, which died. He sort of personifies TFF and its history with projects, really. =P

Episode 4 rocked so hard! It was the one time "I" got to do something awesome, if only for one fight scene!

Now where are Merlin's? I recall two of them. One was a test and another was a trailer of sorts?
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 12-15-2009 at 02:51 PM.