Thread: Dreams of a Another World.

KitNocturne

Question Dreams of a Another World.

Hello Final Fantasy General,
    I'm new here. But I have a serious question. It's for everyone.
    (Yes, even the guy in the back.)

Have you ever had a dream of yourself waking up in a different world? Like Final Fantasy-ish?
    And you do adventures and just regular everyday life things in this world?
    Some parts of you have changed but you're still you. And whenever you wake up, it's from either fainting in the dream or sleeping in the dream.

I know...this is weird. I probably need help. But, it's been happening continiously. Like the dream continues in every dream.

Post your thoughts, guys and gals. Should I tell more, like leave records of what's happened before I posted this and what happens later on?

Should I get help? (Some people are going to say yes. =_=; )

Come on. Give me your thoughts.
    -Kitt

Mystyrion

Re: Dreams of a Another World.

Just a quick Google search gave me a nod *yes* that people do have continuations of dreams.
    How normal it is, I don't know.

But yes, I've had a few dreams waking up in different places taking on some kind of fantasy role.

Magically Delicous Dreams of a Another World. Merlin's Avatar

Mine have always been based in the real world. They just typically involve someone trying to kill me. It takes the fun out of watching scary movies, because I've seen much worse in my own subconscious. I watch a scary movie and just laugh.

It is definitely possible to have dreams that continue after you go back to sleep. I've had some where someone was trying to murder me and I would wake up, only to fall back asleep and the person was that much closer to killing me. Rinse + Repeat. Some were so bad that I "thought" I woke up but I was still in the dream. I then thought I woke up from waking up and was STILL in the dream. Those are the ones that really screw with your mind.

KitNocturne

I can figure that to be a dream but the thing is that it's been continuing for two months lol xD

Magically Delicous Dreams of a Another World. Merlin's Avatar

I'm not a psychologist, but from what I have heard that could mean that you have some unresolved issue in your life. But dream analysis is pretty sketchy at best. The human brain is a mystery.

Queen Dreams of a Another World. Crescent's Avatar

Haha as soon as I saw your title it reminded me of one my favourite video game songs "Dreams of The Shore Near another World"..X))

On topic, of course! I look forward to going to sleep for that exact reason Ive had dreams of being in Ivalice but most of the time its always Gaia. The only one I remember was when I was with Vincent and we were on a mission..NO nothing happened!.. I hate it when I wake up! Dreaming is beautiful. I think you should just roll with it and stop stressing bout it.

I dont dream or don't remember dreams, I'd say the latter is more accurate, ive had dreams to my recollection before, its just very rare if i remember anything the next day...

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Dreams of a Another World. Tallulah's Avatar

I often have dreams about my old house, which has long since been boarded up and was recently knocked down. Like last night, I had a dream about some of my friends I work with hanging out in my old house, and I couldn't turn the bathroom light on. I dream that a lot, as well.

Most of my dreams are grounded in reality, but change rapidly and inexplicably. Also they are mostly very entertaining, other times just straight out weird and/or disturbing. I had an awful dream one of my colleagues was murdered, and I was so relieved to see her at work the next day.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

I invented Go-Gurt. Dreams of a Another World. Clint's Avatar

I've had dreams of being in various parking lots and not being able to find my car. I don't know if the dreams take place in another world, but it's always a different parking lot, so I guess it's a possibility.

The dreams are indeed continuations of the previous dream, as there's always the same weird guy who just comes up to me and starts talking to me, and I'm like "Hey, go away, I'm trying to look for my car." But he doesn't. He just keeps talking.

So I'm pretty sure having a continuation of another dream is pretty normal. Dreams don't really mean much anyway. Psychologists like to pretend that dreams have some sort of important significance, but psychologists also pretend that their job has important significance, so their word can't be trusted.

I wouldn't worry about it, because worrying gives you diarrhea, and diarrhea is something to worry about.

Registered Goober Dreams of a Another World. Order's Avatar

Awesome thread topic.

I have a few reoccuring locations but the events are always a little different.
    Basically, theres the car case universe, the shoot out, alien planet and various cities Ive lived in.

Any anxiety based dreams usually happen on the USS kitty hawk for me, friends betraying me, trying to save peoples lives, ect..

I think its common for people to have locations come up that fit the emotion their dream is based on.

I think what you are expiriencing with dreams continuing one night to the next is probably lucid dreaming. You can actually control dreams and make stuff happen as if you were conscious simply by writing down the events of your dream when you wake up.
    I tried it when I was a kid. Still happens a little bit even now.
    Its pretty awesome.

No, theres nothing wrong with it to answer your question.
    Its rare, but it wont hurt you.

Registered Uber Dreams of a Another World. Hobaginator's Avatar

Let the good dreams roll I say.

When I was a little kid I used to have reoccuring night terrors that were what I'd imagine hell is like, all the time. Sometimes I even woke up in the middle of em (usually right after being hacked apart, mangled, burned alive by witchcraft or eaten) having what I guess are seizures that lasted anywhere from a few seconds to like ten minutes -- my back would just buck uncontrollably like something was messing with the muscles near my spine, usually accompanied by partial or full paralysis and almost always when I died in a dream. I called it the 'death tickle'.

Thanks to my brother, I learned how to control my dreams to a degree. If I don't die in it, I don't wake up with the 'death tickle'. One night I dreamt I was in the mansion from time splitters being surrounded by zombies, and as they closed in I remembered what he told me about being able to control your dreams... so I turned it into a 'movie' saying "ok here is the part of the movie where i get a mech suit" and a mech suit appeared around my body, then an energy shield, flame throwers, jet pack and finally I flew up in the air and nuked the mansion, then flew back to my sleeping body. I woke up instantly with no 'death tickle'. I have a lot less problems with it now, but on occasion I will get the shakes and move uncontrollably in my dreams, when i do remember what I was dreaming about it was usually some sort of nightmare or freaky stuff going on. Sometimes it's something harmless like a dog running and barking in his sleep, others i just shake around for freaking ever and tire myself out. Hell, i've even held hour long sparring matches with my bed and sheets according to this one girl. She would just sleep on the couch when i'd start doing that stuff -- especially after i blacked her eye on accident. I've also sleepwalked pretty bad, usually when I'm stressed.

My dad told me one day that I was outside in the middle of the night screaming "blue forty two, hike!" and other stuff, running around the yard in my gym shorts and cleats for hours, then was singing in the shower loud as hell and finally at like 4am went back to bed. I woke up in the morning exhausted, wondering why my cleats were muddy after i had just cleaned them yesterday. I had even made a protein shake in the blender and drank it all while mentally unconcious.

As far as controlling lucid dreams, I can control them to a degree, usually just by making technology appear, whatever I can imagine to my benefit. Like grappling hooks that shoot out of my hands, helicopter segways, or rocket powered fists that i can punch banshees in the face with. The closest thing i've had to a nightmare in years was i dreamt that i got my manhood severed by a giant venus fly trap, but luckily i had some tech-glue appear that mended the flesh allowing me to reattach it. I guess I have the batman tech belt power in my dreams.

If you're continuous dreams are positive and make you happy, then accept it and enjoy it. If they suck, learn to control them and kick their face in.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

All is One.One is All. Dreams of a Another World. Firefly's Avatar

I don't worry about my dreams,I just go with 'em. But my dreams are also very weird but mine are in the real world and in the past(for some reason). For example:

I had a dream the other night that I was African American (which I am not in real life) and I was back in the 1950s because I was in a town where there was a sign that had "Blacks" with an arrow pointing one way and "Whites" pointing the other. Now,I have never seen the town or ever seen a town where all the houses are white with blue roofs(I guess just a strange perk that came with a strange dream). Anyways,and during it,as I was walking,my heart literally began to race in fear and I started running(which in my dreams isn't very fast [it feels like something is holding me back which ticks me off]). Then these two white guys run up and grab me and whisper in my ear," Where do you think your going?" They drag me off into a shed and make me bend over and shoot me full of pellets. I could actually feel the deep stinging and I looked over to my left and saw a white guy getting filled with pellets,too. The men shooting the pellets at us yell," That's what you get for helping black folks like this woman!" Then the guy next to me whispers," Run,I'll hold them off."
    ...And that's where it ended. Believe me,I was confused and kinda scared,but after awhile I went back to sleep and woke up for church,etc. The funny thing was...the same day I went to an all African American church meeting,that was a complete surprise to me until my grandparents told me. Was it my way of being psychic? Or just a weird coincidence?

I also have A LOT of dreams where I am driving a car or motorcycle and my speed keeps going higher and higher and I can't slow it down or stop. And then the cops get behind me .
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

The Mad God Dreams of a Another World. Heartless Angel's Avatar

I've continued a few dreams long enough to where I could start breaking them into Seasons and selling DVD box sets. I've heard it's a form of lucid dreaming. I'm not actively in control once I'm dreaming, but to a certain extent I can decide what I want to dream about as I'm falling asleep. Usually it's just a matter of thinking about what happened in a previous dream. Quite enjoyable, as I have a relatively vivid imagination. I also have the lovely habit of waking up right before something interesting happens. ****ing cliffhangers, not even in my dreams can I get away from them. Of course that's probably a part of the reason I can continue them, because I drive myself nuts the entire day thinking about what should've/would've/could've happened next and won't be happy until i know. I've had dreams turn into a semi-decent short stories before just because I couldn't get myself to dream the damned conclusion and ended up having to make one up while awake.

As for subject matter... well, let's just say my brain is a mess. I'm always thinking about possibilities, ways things could happen, the way I'd handle things, especially when watching TV or playing video games. I'm the weird guy who thinks about what I'd do if I were whatever character, or I was hanging around, or I was the villain or I was the God of the universe. Often I'll have to rewind movies because I got so busy imagining my own plot line continuing from one of these random thoughts that I'll fail to pay attention to the ACTUAL plot line and miss something important. And of course I usually don't conclude any of these thoughts, so I'm left with piles and piles of useless unresolved fantasy plot elements floating around my head. These later become elements in dreams or stories or roleplays I write. And I have tons of these useless ideas to use up, so I have plenty of dream material to work with.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dreams like that are normal. You can't dream of something you've not at least seen or previously imagined based on something you've seen. Blind people CAN dream, but only based on how much they have already seen with their eyes in their life. People blind from birth can only have auditory dreams - dreams with no images, just sound. So if you've seen it, you'll potentially dream about it.

I tend to have dreams about stuff that makes me believe it's already happened. For example, I woke up and asked my boyfriend where he parked my bike the other morning. I don't even have a bike. He just laughed at me.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.