Thread: Disney Monorail Collision 1 Driver Dead

Captain Disney Monorail Collision 1 Driver Dead scifi1980's Avatar

Disney Monorail Collision 1 Driver Dead

It's been one miserable month this year Last night around 2 am at Walt Disney World in front of the Magic Kingdom, two monorails crashed into eachother at an intersecting point. A couple of tourists were shaken up but the driver of one train was killed.

I don't even wanna bother turning on the news channel tomorrow.

Yeah I read about that on yahoo news. I thought parks control systems prevented things like this from happening. Who knows what kind of bad publicity this could bring for the beloved family friendly park. From what I have read no real specifics have releasd outside of specualtions. Will be interesting to see what is put out there.

I doubt this is actually going to make much on the lines of the headlines though. It is sad but it will be shadowed by Jacksons death for a long time to come. If it was any other time you know this would be a world wide "scandle" and people would probably blame it on terrorism.

The horrible part is a life was lost, tragically at that. Another sole ment for a higher plain. But this poor person will only have bad publicity. I really hate hearing the news of death, specially when it is not natural. But it is a fact of life, everything is bound to die and rot (sorry for the bluntness).

I will end this rant at that.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 07-05-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Captain Disney Monorail Collision 1 Driver Dead scifi1980's Avatar
    Disney has always been pretty good at keeping the lid on their accidents. The one I heard most about was a few years back when The Big Thunder Moutain rollercoaster derailed and 1 or 3 people were killed.

The Monorail thing is rare. Ive been down there lots of times and it's not like they have 2 or 3 trains running on the same rail right behind eachother. There was always like a 5 minute span between when one leaves the platform and the next one shows up.

I was just on the Monorail system a few months ago. Very scary stuff, indeed. I am unsure whether or not I want to live in a world where people die at Disney World.

Master of the Shadow Key Disney Monorail Collision 1 Driver Dead KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I'm not making this up, but I've just literally come back from Disney World. My family and I were heading toward the resort buses from the Hollywood Studios park when this occured.

The crash occured between the Magic Kingdom park and the Epcot park when one Monorail crashed into a stationary one that was preparing to turn off the main track to be stored for the night.The driver of the moving monorail died from traumatic injuries and a family of six were shaken but unharmed, as was the driver of the stationary monorail.

This is strange because if Monorails ever get dangerously close to each other, they are supposed to automatically stop. So either the computers completely failed or there was an override button that was pushed.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg