View Poll Results: What do you think of Online Dating Sites?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're Fine, I don't have a problem with them

15 68.18%
  • Finding Dates online is a waste of time, go out and search

5 22.73%
  • I'm Not Sure

2 9.09%

Thread: Dating Sites

Red face Dating Sites

Hey all, yes the name of the thread is called "Dating Sites" so you don't have to take a double take. Now, I'm sure everyone or at least some here have been on and or tried Dating Sites to find that perfect soulmate. While some have indeed found there soulmate from a dating site, others who finally meet with the person they want to be there soulmate find that they obsessed over a complete jerk, or ***** (excuse my french). And there's the case of those who tried online dating were found the next day, beaten to death, or raped, or had a case of Stoodup. The questions I'm posing is:

1. Have you ever tried online dating sites?

2. If you did, have you found your perfect partner?

3. Do you think Online Dating Sites are safe? and Why?

4. What is your opinon of online dating sites?

I admit I have hit online dating sites in the past, like Outpersonals, True.com, etc, and met a couple guys who were nice, but I didn't think they were Mr. Right for me. I have a boyfriend but not from a dating site, but from a GLBT club at my college last year ^_^.

Your throughts everyone?

EDIT: I made a Poll, so you all can vote
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-24-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I think they're stupid.

The vast majority of people using them are either middle aged divorcees or young people looking for a quick dive between the sheets. I'd personally have to be incredibly desperate to use one.

So yeah, I've never used them.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

The Old Skool Warrior Dating Sites LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My vote is somewhat opposite of my response. I voted 'yes' because I don't see a problem with them, and I know a couple of friends who specifically used dating engines and actually managed to get something good out of it. My only advice would be to take caution, because there are a lot of creepers out there.

I've never used a date-finding matchmaking type of website before, and I intend to keep it that way. I won't deny that the thought has crossed my mind once or twice on occasion, though. I suppose that answers your first question and negates the second one.

As to whether or not they're safe... I don't think any of them can ever be "truly" safe. There's always going to be some risk. Even the person who appears perfect in every way could just be the perfect liar. Still, I think some of the ones that end up with TV ads are probably doing pretty well, or they wouldn't be able to advertise like that.

And my opinion? I used to think the notion of hooking up through a dating website was pretty silly, but you know... it's really not. I mean, what is it? It's just another form of communication. It's not terribly different from meeting some random person in a bar or a club somewhere. The only real difference I can see is that you've got some crack team on a website who pulls the strings to get you a person that matches your cravings. In that sense, it might be even better than trying to get a hookup at a bar or something like that. You never know, I guess.

On a side note, I have actually met quite a few people from the internet; probably something like a third of them from here at TFF, and the rest from a couple of other forums and YouTube and the sort. I just have yet to do any of that stuff through dating sites.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Synthesized Ascension Dating Sites Zardoch's Avatar
    I'd say while these sites are generally silly (and the fact at how much it cost monthly to use them on the popular sites with RIDICULOUS prices), I don't see much use for them. On the other hand, both my oldest sister and cousin married someone they met over the internet, so it's not entirely a bad idea to use them. I mean years ago, I use to do some online dating, often going out with girls from sites like this (RP sites, gaming sites, etc etc), and it wasn't all that bad. I even met a few of the chicks I went out with. Despite the general perspective from people that online dating sites and online dating itself is stupid, sometimes it's better than the alternative.

A good example of what I mean is, well, my own town, lol. Sure, there's "nice" girls around, but 98% of this place is filled with cowgirls, high-maintenance ho's, and trailer trash, country-loving rejects. The closes thing to a "geek" in my town is the bookworm type or the anime-loving fangirls I hate oh-so much. So honestly, online dating sites can be godly compared to what I put up with in my town.

In the end, online dating sites aren't bad to use every once in-awhile when you're out-of-luck. I just wish the prices weren't so overpriced.

Although I wouldn't personally use one myself, I don't think they're bad in any way. Even if you get with a someone you see in some random place, you're meeting someone you don't know. You have to get to know them after that. Dating site, same thing.

That is not to say, though, that I would not date a person I met online. I'm simply saying I wouldn't go to a site for the sole purpose of finding someone. But that probably has nothing to do with it being a dating site. I wouldn't go to some "real life" place for meeting people, either. That's simply how I am. I don't actively look for unknown people to date. I am the type to instead date a friend who has become close to me over time.

In some ways, I also consider it better. I mean, I consider it the same thing in terms of meeting people. But you have a wider range of people to meet. The chance of meeting "my type" normally is fairly slim. Compare to going on a site that has people that say, "Hey, I'm your type!" all over their profile. Doesn't mean you'll both be compatible, but that never is a guarantee.

You're me...and I'm you. Dating Sites Almasys's Avatar
    I've never used one *due to being young and such* but those that do and have found their soulmate through it, good for them ^^ But most just use them to get, as Chez mentioned, "a quick dive between the sheets" or some other motive.

But if it works for someone, then I have nothing against it really =/ It all depends on the person ^^

~My TFF Family~
    *Seifer Obssessed* Half sister to~Phantom
    My marksman, protective older brother~Nick
    Wanna join the family?
    Just ask~

Arachnie Suicide Dating Sites ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    I've never actually been on a dating site, nor looked for a date online, but I have actually ended up dating a few people online simply just because I found them through some other site and it seemed right.

I've dated five people online, including who I'm with at the moment. It didn't work out so much with the other four, but it wasn't bad, haha. Just not a lasting relationship with them.

It's different with who I am with at the moment. I think I just got really lucky in talking to him and finding him, and I think we're perfect for eachother. I'm constantly told by people not to expect anything and that it won't work out, but it's my belief that it already has worked out, as he's helped me out so much, and let me get through a lot of things, and I'd like to think I've done the same for him.

So I don't have a problem with them, but I'd say that it's not a very common thing to find somebody you really love.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

I don't have a problem with them, but that doesn't mean I use them...

Istory was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
    Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
    Where, oh, where was he?
    Where could that mantree be?
    We looked around and then we found the man for you and me!

And now it's...
    Springtime for ExDeath and Istory!
    Jachol is happy and gay!
    We're marching to a faster pace. Look out, here comes the master race!
    The islands are fine lands once more!
    Watch out, Ghido, we're going on tour!

If you or your friend are in need of a reunion with a loved one and have no where else to turn, you know who to call. Only me, the Millenium Earl, can rescue their soul from that wretched God. All you need to do is shout out their name! And remember:

I want YOU to join the Akuma Army!

Registered User Dating Sites winterborn86's Avatar
    I use to use them a fair bit when i was younger but i never dated anyone from them, but i did meet a couple of them (which i regret)
    When i got older i came to realize the possible dangers of these dating sites and i stopped using them, I mean, you don't know who these people really are, they can say "hey in a 23 year old guy" but he is really a 45 year old perv.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I invented Go-Gurt. Dating Sites Clint's Avatar
    Dating through the internet is stupid. The main reason for that being that people lie about themselves on the internet. Somebody who you think is a nice person, could turn out to be a date rapist... Of course, I have no idea how women could be date rapists... On top of that, I don't know how a woman could rape a man. I'm pretty sure it only applies to man raping woman, man raping man, or woman raping woman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lionhearted View Post
    Dating through the internet is stupid. The main reason for that being that people lie about themselves on the internet. Somebody who you think is a nice person, could turn out to be a date rapist... Of course, I have no idea how women could be date rapists... On top of that, I don't know how a woman could rape a man. I'm pretty sure it only applies to man raping woman, man raping man, or woman raping woman.
    That does not only apply to people on the internet. Anyone can lie about themselves.. You really never know. Also, women can indeed rape men; many ways of doing do which I would consider unspeakable.

Blog Entries
    Well Dad. My opinion about all this is that I found my soulmate on a dating site. She has everything I could ever need and want in a woman. Basically, in my ideal, "perfect". I do find them dangerous and people DO lie about themselves and try to make it seem as if they're as they are based on what you see in front of you. *****es in your language.

And to think the person I was looking for almost 4 years birthday was 4 days after mine... !
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Vagabond Thief Dating Sites Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ive never tried them and never will but I do know people who have and they are very happy.They've been together for a few years and yea they have their ups and downs but so does every couple. I also know a few ppl who have been onmyspace or facebook and used those as dating sites. I personally would never do it because I wouldnt want to waste my money paying for it. I'm fine with just trying to find someone myself or have that person come to me
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

the Unending Dating Sites Nyghtwynd's Avatar
    I've used the free ones so far. Honestly, nothing i find is bad about them except i can't find anyone that appeals to me. Might just be the standards i have, but it's not for me.

Air from my lungs. Dating Sites Violet's Avatar
    I don't think it's good to "buy" your date. Naturally meeting someone online is fine when it's through a message board, but when you have to pay to see the person.. I think that's a little overboard. I think internet relationships are perfectly fine when you meet each other on there in a natural fashion.. not through a hookup site. But of course, that IS my opinion. I'm not going to stop people from buying their bride-to-be online. >>

Just thought I would put this out there, the concept is a good idea for the most part. finding love on the net is highly unlikely but there is still a chance, and for some people it is the only chance they have. As for people like my dad, he just uses dating sites to get laid which kind of kills the purpose of those site or atleast I would like to think that.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Arachnie Suicide Dating Sites ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Just thought I would put this out there, the concept is a good idea for the most part. finding love on the net is highly unlikely but there is still a chance, and for some people it is the only chance they have. As for people like my dad, he just uses dating sites to get laid which kind of kills the purpose of those site or atleast I would like to think that.
    To be honest, I think that IS kind of the purpose of a lot of those sites now... I checked one out out of curiosity a while ago just after this thread came out and found that when you join you can actually register what type of relationship you're looking for. 'Casual' and 'Adult' were both on that list, which leads me to think that the internet is probably... well, if you're just looking for a lay, it's as good as you're going to get.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah