Thread: Breakfast

Breakfast

One of the three meals of the day. Breakfast.

People say that it is the most important meal of the day... If you choose to skip it can mess up your metabolism, weight and concentration.

Breakfast can also vary from country to country... some decide to be healthier than other (lets look at the classic British fry-up! How healthy is that? ).

Anyway, so I thought a breakfast thread could prove to be random ^~.

Who actually has breakfast?

What do you have for breakfast / What is your favourite breakfast?

Do you think breakfast is important?

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Breakfast

I don't think many families have the time to cook up a fry up in the mornings here before work or school.

I think it's pretty important to get some energy inside you before the day starts. There have been times when I've not had breakfast, and I get this terrible headache just before lunch, and I feel really run down and sick. It feels like a sugar crash, but I've not had sugar. I usually have cereal or toast. I like Shredded Wheat, but only when I can put some honey on it. With toast, it's usually just butter, butter with jam, or just peanut butter.

It goes with either some tea or a glass of juice. ^^

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Breakfast Treize's Avatar

I have breakfast maybe an average of two to three times a week.

It depends. Usually cereal or yogurt. It is nice when I have nothing going on and I can have waffles, bacon, and hash browns. I don't know if I've had anything better for breakfast.

I wouldn't say it is necessary, but it is a lot easier to get through the morning if I have time to eat breakfast. I guess you get used to not eating breakfast that often, though.
    Last edited by Treize; 06-13-2010 at 05:43 AM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Gingersnap Breakfast OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have breakfast. It's probably my favorite meal, in terms of the traditional selections. I LOVE omelettes. I never make them for myself, but if I go to breakfast or brunch or IHOP at 1:30AM, I'll probably get an omelette. Or eggs overeasy and bacon. Bacon is something special. Again, I never buy it (because I'd eat it), but on special occasions, I eat several pieces at a time.

And black coffee, when I go out for the meal. Black coffee, an omelette, and toast.

When I make it at home (which is what happens normally), I make tea (usually of a black or mate variety). My recent favorite breakfast has been raw oats, walnuts, raisins, agave nectar, cinnamon... and then I pour milk over it like cereal and eat it with a spoon. Takes no time to make and sometimes the taste reminds me of rice pudding (which I love).

I'd love to try a traditional Japanese breakfast. It was described to me once and it sounds so different and interesting.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 06-13-2010 at 06:31 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Breakfast RagnaToad's Avatar

I always wake up hungry. Really.

As a kid I used to eat a lot of cereal with milk before going to school.

These days I prefer to eat bread. When I don't have anything to do that day, I will most likely make some eggs.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Asking all the personal questions. Breakfast RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I have to eat breakfast because as you said it affects my metabolism, I am ectomorphic I think the term is and I have an extremely effecient metabloism so I have to eat high carb foods all the time and If I don't eat breakfast that affects me for the rest of the day. I ran out of energy because my body starts to eat away at the muscles because I haven't filled up with food same goes for tea and supper lunch isn't to important I am more hungry at 10:30 in the morning that at lunch time.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Cereal is where it's at. It's easy, quick and delicious, much like a prostitute.

My brand of choice is Oatmeal Crisp; the kind with maple nut clusters in it. Been eating it for 6 or 7 years now. I used to switch cereals monthly when I tired of them, but I've yet to get tired of this.

Mmm, mmm, free advertising.

Until now!

Blog Entries

I usually eat breakfast every day, even if it's just grabbing a piece of toast or something. And coffee, always with coffee. I love omelettes as well but I can never make them right. =/ So I only have it on the very rare occasion when I go out for breakfast. A good old fashioned plate of scrambled eggs, toast, bacon and homefries is always great though.

Breakfast is important for me. When I don't eat I get hungry and when I'm hungry I get very, very irritable. So I try to avoid skipping meals in general. And if I go without my morning coffee I will murder someone.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I will finish the hunt Breakfast Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's 1018 over here in Texas. I have yet to eat breakfast. In fact by the time my husband gets done cooking it; it will be lunch. I am not a big fan of breakfast. However, I like bacon and egg breakfast burritos a lot. Everything else is bland compared to lunch and dinner.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

Usually porridge/readybrek with orange juice. Or toast. Or bread, if I'm running late for an event or something. I eat breakfast most days. I feel better for having eaten in the morning.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Breakfast Xanatos's Avatar

I got used having breakfast every day so I don't feel really good if I skip it, I usually make something fast and easy, toast with peanut butter, eggs and bacon or just make myself some kind of sandwich, tea is probably the most important part of my breakfast, can't eat without a good tea.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Breakfast darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, i really love penut buttered toast. However i really dont eat breakfast that often, just bigger meals since i usually wake up at 2pm+
    ~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruin

Embrace the night my friends

i do most of the time

on the weekdays i only usually have a quick bowl of cereal before i have to head to work. but lately, ive been keeping some bagels and cream cheese, breakfast biscuit sandwich things and a box of apple jacks in the kitchen. im not usually hungry until i get to work then all the sudden i feel like my stomach is going to collapse upon itself.
    on the weekends its a little different. saturdays i usually try and cook up some chorizo con huevos (slap that stuff in a tortilla with hot sauce, and its heaven) or french toast. im usually up before everyone else, because of the kiddo, so i might as well do something productive. sundays, my dad makes pancakes, bacon and eggs before we go to church.
    as far as my favorite breakfast goes...defiantly the chorizo with a glass of milk

it is when you realize its 10:30 and your starving

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Registered User Breakfast

I eat breakfast, even when I'm not all that hungry for it. I try to eat at least something so I can kick-start my day and get some calories in me for energy. I usually just stick to cereals. Doesn't take a lot of preparation, and it's doesn't dirty too many dishes either.

I think it's important to me, because if I go too long without food, I get kind of cranky. I think it has to do with my blood sugar or something.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I used to have breakfast every morning before school. Now that I'm on break, I've sorta slept my breakfasts(?) away. But I woke up early today, and it is in fact breakfast time still... So I'll grab me some toast, probably.

It was a simple cereal bowl for me. From Frosted Flakes to Cheerios, from the bland and tasteless, to the marshmellow-filled nightmares. But there's the occasional pancake or waffle breakfast which is so much better. I wouldn't say there's a particular favourite for me.

I think it is. Definitely before school, anyway. If your day doesn't require much thinking, then you can probably skip it. But, its different things to different people, so...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User Breakfast Satrus's Avatar

I rarely eat breakfast but without it your hungryer threw out the day.
    Eating breakfast is important, it can help your mind and keep you from eating to many snacks.

I don't like breakfast, really. In all, I avoid eating in the morning, mostly, especially when I have school. For some reason, I can't eat anything in the morning without my stomach hurting. Happens to my mom and sister, too. Heh, guess it runs in the family? x3 But yeah, I usually don't even desire food when I wake up. All I need is something to drink.

Do I think breakfast is important, though? Honestly, no. They all say it's the most important meal of the day, but I've eaten breakfast about five times in nine months and I managed just fine. XX It doesn't make me feel any different than if I had eaten breakfast. I can still focus, concentrate, do what I normally do every day without something to eat in the morning.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Me. I'm used to eating it every morning, and if I miss it, my body goes into haywire.

Usually cereal. I love to eat frosted flakes and honey nut cheerios. But if I'm not on a schedule, I'll usually have an omelet and some bacon, or an english muffin. And top that off with some good old tea.

It is to me. I've tried to go without breakfast for the day, and my body doesn't receive the change so kindly. I'll usually get heavy migraines, and just feel both mentally and physically exhausted. So, I've gotta get some breakfast into me.

Be a pal and level my adoptables!

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Sometimes I skip breakfast. ^_^; Now that my mom insists on eating 3 meals a day, because it's horrible for my health if I don't.... But now it's summer, so I just sleep through the morning almost everyday.

Sometimes I eat eggs, a vegetable bun, or miso soup for breakfast.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's better to eat breakfast sparingly if I don't want to eat it. xD Better than nothing, right?
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Breakfast ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I never skip breakfast. However I never eat as soon as I wake up, because it makes me feel sick. So I always wait about 30 mins before I have it.

I always have cereal. If I have anything else I feel sick. I'm really picky with breakfast

But yeah, it's the most important meal of the day. I used to skip all together, but it's not wise.

Registered User Breakfast winterborn86's Avatar

I almost never eat breakfast, the thought of food in the morning makes me feel physically sick. If I do happen to have anything it's normally a slice of toast. I sometimes have a cup of tea in the morning too.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco