Thread: Being a kid again

Bananarama Being a kid again Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Being a kid again

Does anyone else just wish that they didn't necessarily have to grow up, and that all of the amazing and new stuff from childhood to maybe age 13 could last forever?

I don't mean not growing up, per se, but at least keeping that sense of innocence and wonder. I miss it. I miss the feeling of a huge taboo by watching south park against my parents wishes when I slept over at my grandparents house when I was 10. I miss the pure feelings of going to the outdoor batting cage in July, when I was 12, and distinctly remembering "Kiss Me" by sixpence none the richer playing on the speakers.

I miss the weird non freedoms of being a kid. Shit, I miss laying on my belly playing Legend of Dragoon, while simultaneously watching the original season of Survivor, before it became a giant meh.

I find myself doing a lot of things that I used to do as a kid lately. Retreading a lot of locations that I've either lost or used to have a connection with when I was young, even though I'm a fully functioning adult with a house, car and job.

Anyone else feeling this way?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

#LOCKE4GOD Being a kid again Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You'll probably look back in another 30 years time with the same sense of wonder about being 30.

Hey man if you want to live your life like you did as a child, for example risking getting in trouble for watching South Park? Go steal from a store and not get caught. You'll feel like a kid again real quick.

Jokes aside, do not break the law.

I'm with Alpha. You're gonna look back and just be like MAN I MISS BEING 30 WHERE I JUST DID ________-.

I'm always a kid, a POS kid.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Being a kid again Rowan's Avatar
    I guess It's a case of knowing you're in the good old days before you actually leave them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Hey man if you want to live your life like you did as a child, for example risking getting in trouble for watching South Park? Go steal from a store and not get caught. You'll feel like a kid again real quick.

Jokes aside, do not break the law.

I'm with Alpha. You're gonna look back and just be like MAN I MISS BEING 30 WHERE I JUST DID ________-.

I'm always a kid, a POS kid.
    Wow, what a funny, inspiring, and insightful post. I'm ready to be great, Loaf.

Yes! All the fucking time. Except I am a kid all the time every moment of my life. And then they send me a bill. You know what?! We're not gonna talk about that.

Listen, this is the time in your life where you have a kid, Pete. And you tell him to do all the things you didn't, but watch em. Check off all the bucketlists you didn't make, and live vicariously through him (or her). This is your prime time, my man.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Legit don't feel old yet. I'm twenty-five. When does this kick in?

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Gingersnap Being a kid again OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Legit don't feel old yet. I'm twenty-five. When does this kick in?
    At 27.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

When you've been crapped on the requisite amount by life, and just before it starts to be an issue getting out of a chair.

IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    At 27.
    Can confirm.

As to the OP:

:| Nostalgia isnt a comfy subject for me right now, but at any rate, I do want to say that there's a big fat giant goose egg in the column on the chart of problems when it comes to fondly remembering the past. ruminating over past hurt, longing for past glory, sure, those things can be destructive. Longing for things you can't have back is the worst...

But all in all, there certainly isnt anything the matter with strolling down memory lane a time or two in your chosen life. Its always there, as beautiful as you can remember it. But the future...

Well, like all finite beings, the future takes up the lion's share of the thinking, I'd wager.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Being a kid again Master Garland's Avatar
    Yeah TC I'm also very nostalgic and have always had a weird emotional state leaning towards melancholy and nostalgic feelings for as long as I can remember. I did not have the best of childhoods like literally not barely any childhood magic nor many good exciting family vacations to look back on but regardless I really miss childhood. It may be due to my thanatophobia that I miss the past soo much because growing old scares me and especially death and the unknown petrify me. At least when I was a kid these thoughts did not flood my mind and I was generally more at peace.

Every now and then I just keep on doing some reckless or plain stupid things for the lulz. Then I just remember I'm not a teenager anymore. Feels bad, man.

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar
    *digs herself out of the grave*

I know the feeling but oddly enough, at 38, I am pretty happy with life right now. I got enough stability with my job and family life that I am able to pursue my passion/hobby which is drawing and making a comic. Sure it's not always puppies and rainbows especially with a toddler in tow but the right balance of hardship and tribulations makes me appreciate life even more.

I do remember Legend of Dragoon and also FF9..although the FF9 era was not that great for me cos I was laid off from a job that time. My next job did open a ton of opportunities for me though that got me where I am now. So s'all good

What I really miss is being able to sleep in until like 10 or 11 AM on a weekend. Damn, you cannot do that with a kid now! So you kids should get all your naps while you can

PS- Taco brought me back here. He is stalking me in DeviantArt *hits him with a stick*

Blog Entries
    Always right behind you... just out of sight... But yeah, I totes yelled at Quistis to come back, and she did it. I find that's an effective way to get people to do what I want. They're all like "Ahh! What's going on?! Okay, just don't hurt me!" It's like a cross between confusing them and frightening them :3

When FF9 came out, I was a Freshman in High School. I didn't play it until 3 years later, tho. Didn't have a ps1 until the ps2 came out, lolol.

Old TFF reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and Incubus. Probably because of Mike. Also Gundam Wing, because several people had them as avys, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    Incubus.
    What ever tomorrow brings, I'll be there...

I bet when you guys were listening to it, I was on the road singing bgvox on it in a cover band.

Blog Entries
    yeah i think like 27 is the worst. because when youre going from 27 to 28 then you realize youre in your late twenties.

dear god im going to be 30 by end of the year
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    yeah i think like 27 is the worst. because when youre going from 27 to 28 then you realize youre in your late twenties.

dear god im going to be 30 by end of the year
    As someone whos 27 going on 28, i can attest to this.

Blog Entries
    Late 20s aren't terrible. You're kind of starting to make money and can do things with a lot more ease. I'll be 32 this year and the only things that really suck now are hangovers and property taxes.

Def can't drink like I used to without feeling like death for 2 days
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Late 20s aren't terrible. You're kind of starting to make money and can do things with a lot more ease. I'll be 32 this year and the only things that really suck now are hangovers and property taxes.

I dont mind telling you that ive got over 100k in my bank, and I still cant afford a house.

Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about the Aussie housing market, but it's kind of crazy and all over the place in America. It varies from state to state and region to region. What do houses run where you're looking?

I recently purchased a house. The entire process is terrifying and kind of exciting. The amount of documents and paperwork you have to provide to get a mortgage is staggering. I'm already convinced that I'm going to die in this house because I don't want to deal with the paperwork again. I'm ok with it. With my luck I'll die after my final mortgage payment clears.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I don't know anything about the Aussie housing market, but it's kind of crazy and all over the place in America. It varies from state to state and region to region. What do houses run where you're looking?

I recently purchased a house. The entire process is terrifying and kind of exciting. The amount of documents and paperwork you have to provide to get a mortgage is staggering. I'm already convinced that I'm going to die in this house because I don't want to deal with the paperwork again. I'm ok with it. With my luck I'll die after my final mortgage payment clears.
    a 2 bedroom unit (30kms away from the main city) costs upwards of 500k.
    I hate what immigration and foreign investment has done to my home. Its the reason why prices have soared the way they have. Too many people wanting to buy , they have partners too which means the banks will loan them that extra that the real estate market demands. Chinese usually just buy up everything in what used to be a first home buyers affordable range, just to use as investment properties.

A little insight as to why I blame mass immigration and certain ethnicity on my ability to do things in life. it really does f**k things up.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of being a kid again, I was in the comment section of the Sora vs Pit Death Battle video, and there's like two or three kids all like, "Sora beat SEPHIROTH! One on one!" And for a second, I was transported back to the early oughts, with my goofy friend declaring Sephiroth "unanimously the greatest villain of all time." lol, Sora beat Sephiroth one on one?! Theoretically, so has every other character that's appeared in the Dissidia series. But yeah; for second, I remembered a beloved clown yelling "mama's boy!" at a silver-haired emo. Good times.

I can agree I have money now.

but I forget if I'm 28 or 29.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Memento RK Being a kid again Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If being a kid again meant reliving my childhood, I wouldn't want that at all. When I was a kid, what I wanted most was the ability to afford what I wanted, rather than have things taken away from me all the time. I have that ability now, albeit with limitations (gotta save those pennies!). I wouldn't give up this freedom for a lack of freedom under parental rules and antics.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Scots are weird yo