View Poll Results: Bath or shower?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bath.

10 52.63%
  • Shower.

8 42.11%
  • I don't care about any of this, where's my banjo?

1 5.26%

Thread: Bath vs. Shower

Chief Inspiring Officer Bath vs. Shower Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bath vs. Shower

So, my tub faucet has been busted for a while now, leaving only the shower operational, which doesn't trouble me in the least since I'm more of a shower person anyway. Forget all that girly bubbly garbage, amirite?

So, bath vs shower, which do you prefer?

Honest answers here, please
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Diablo Bath vs. Shower MechromancerFTW's Avatar
    I prefer showers myself as well cause I don't have time for baths, shower master race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    Forget all that girly bubbly garbage, amirite?
    No.

Uh Why are bubble baths "girly"??. >_> I dont think any less of a man if he were to have baths ie. Bubble baths n the bubbles smell like Lynx or Hugo Boss I had plenty of baths with my boyfriends ;P

I love baths myself yeah bubble baths with candles they offer more than plain showers in that they open your pores, soothes sore muscles esp after Ive worked out, increase circulation, and provide a generally relaxing and healthy experience esp with FFVII music. Provided your not in there for too long or risk looking like a raisin. I dont want to use the saunas at the gym ew.

Obv before work or if Im short for time showers it is. They're both pleasant so long as your clean.

Blog Entries
    Showers are way better than baths, unless it's a hot tub. That's good relaxation. Baths make me feel like I'm bathing in my own filth for no reason. Water gets cold as **** way too fast, **** all that.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Baths make me feel like I'm bathing in my own filth for no reason.
    Not if you shower before or after it. In which case if ppl dont, thats nasty.

A bath is nice if you're not really dirty or anything, you just want to relax. And then bubble baths are awesome.

Im sure everyone can do with a good soak now and then.

Bananarama Bath vs. Shower Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I prefer showers simply because they're faster. There's no set up, no making sure the tub doesn't overflow. Plus I don't take long showers, so a bath just isn't worth it.

Fun fact: getting all raisin like is actually an adaptation. We get wrinkly so that we can better grab things while under water!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I prefer a shower because my bathroom only has a shower in it. Taking a bath would be difficult. I also like that water hittin' me on my achy parts.

Even back home where there is a bathtub, I tend to take a shower anymore anyway. Probably because it's faster.

I only take a bath if I am filling really ill.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I invented Go-Gurt. Bath vs. Shower Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Not if you shower before or after it. In which case if ppl dont, thats nasty.
    Bathing yourself before or after bathing yourself makes no sense.

I take showers because they're quicker, and because bath water gets cold way too fast. If I do take a bath, however, it would most likely only be if I'm sick, which I never am, so I never take baths. Also, if I do take a bath, I don't bathe myself before or after taking a bath. I bathe myself while in the bath, because otherwise it would defeat the purpose of taking a bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Christ Eastwood View Post
    Bathing yourself before or after bathing yourself makes no sense.

I take showers because they're quicker, and because bath water gets cold way too fast. If I do take a bath, however, it would most likely only be if I'm sick, which I never am, so I never take baths. Also, if I do take a bath, I don't bathe myself before or after taking a bath. I bathe myself while in the bath, because otherwise it would defeat the purpose of taking a bath.
    Take a shower when you want to get clean. Baths should be taken to relax and I feel more rejuvenated after a nice scented bubble bath. Even if you don't feel grimy, you are building up germs and flaking off dead skin cells all the time, so avoid hopping into the bath right away. Instead, I take a quick shower first and lather up and rinse off to wash away all those germs that you don't want to have in your bath water. Then I take my bath. You will be clean and your bath water will stay clean so you can relax and be germ free when you get out. Altho ppl would do a quick rinse afterwards for peace of mind. Showers are too quick whereas baths I feel like im indulging feels/looks like heavenqueen.jpg Also taking a bubble bath just before bed helps me sleep better.

Certified tech, come at me! Bath vs. Shower SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I once took a bath and a shower at the same time, just chilled in the tub while the shower was running.

Otherwise I'm usually a shower person, the only time I would take a bath is when I'm feeling sick and just need to relax.
    Currently Playing:

Take a shower when you want to get clean. Baths should be taken to relax and I feel more rejuvenated after a nice scented bubble bath. Even if you don't feel grimy, you are building up germs and flaking off dead skin cells all the time, so avoid hopping into the bath right away. Instead, I take a quick shower first and lather up and rinse off to wash away all those germs that you don't want to have in your bath water.
    That still doesn't make sense to me. Bath water is hot, and you use soap to bathe. The easiest way to get rid of germs and bacteria is to wash with hot water and soap. In other words, after you soap yourself up while taking a bath, you may be sitting in a tub filled with your own grime, but all of your grime is dead.

And baths are for bathing, not relaxing. That's why it's called a bathtub, and not a relaxtub.

That still doesn't make sense to me. Bath water is hot, and you use soap to bathe. The easiest way to get rid of germs and bacteria is to wash with hot water and soap. In other words, after you soap yourself up while taking a bath, you may be sitting in a tub filled with your own grime, but all of your grime is dead.

And baths are for bathing, not relaxing. That's why it's called a bathtub, and not a relaxtub.
    Bath water should be warm.. I shower like I normally would whether Ive decided to take a bath afterwards or not. Once Im done showering, the 'filth' goes right down the drain taking into account that I have a stand-in shower and my bathtub is seperate.

Both methods not only cleanse but help you relax and ease pain. But with bathing you can add in oils, salts, bubbles for a more luxurious experience than with a shower.

Bathing and relaxing fortunately go hand in hand.

Baths all the way Showers for covenience but if I had the time, Id soak in a nice bubble bath everyday The Ancient Romans were clearly on to something baths offer a range of benefits that aid your mind, body and spirit like none other

Consistently Average Bath vs. Shower Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Showers for me, mainly because our bath doesn't have a plug and i'm too tall to fit in it.

The only time I lay down in the bath is when I passed out after the water in the shower was too hot. Whacked my head pretty hard on the side of it too, just an inch away from the corner of the tiles. That would have hurt even more.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Boxer of the Galaxy Bath vs. Shower Rowan's Avatar
    I havnt had a bath since I was about 6. If we are talking about which do we prefer to use when it comes to cleaning ourselves, a shower is the most hygenic one and wins everytime. Why would anyone want to lay in a tub of water floating around with their own filth? I've read that actual pigs enjoy doing that. If I wanted to truly relax, I would have a shower, then hop into a bath.

Both methods not only cleanse but help you relax and ease pain. But with bathing you can add in oils, salts, bubbles for a more luxurious experience than with a shower.
    If you take a shower before taking a bath, and then add oils and salts to the bath, you'll have to take a shower after the bath to wash off the oils and salts. How the hell do you have enough hot water to bathe three times, back to back to back?

Also, your water bill must be huge. Like, three times that of a normal person who bathes once, instead of bathing before bathing, and then bathing after bathing.

Boxer of the Galaxy Bath vs. Shower Rowan's Avatar
    If you take a shower before taking a bath, and then add oils and salts to the bath, you'll have to take a shower after the bath to wash off the oils and salts. How the hell do you have enough hot water to bathe three times, back to back to back?

Also, your water bill must be huge. Like, three times that of a normal person who bathes once, instead of bathing before bathing, and then bathing after bathing.
    Not sure how it works in America, but what Australians actually pay for the water we use is a piss in the ocean compared to the rates and taxes. To give you an idea, you could have a family of 5 and your water usage would only equate to 15 -20% of the quarterly bill.

If you take a shower before taking a bath, and then add oils and salts to the bath, you'll have to take a shower after the bath to wash off the oils and salts.
    I make it sound so tedious explaning the way I do it but it doesnt take me long otherwise Id just have a goddamn shower. All up Im done in 30 mins. Before work its always just a shower. Showers are much better for cleaning but I prefer baths, I can do more things(read a book, listen to music etc) in my "relaxtub".

Not really, my gas bill(hot water etc) $200-250 thereabouts every three months I live in my own aprtment n most Sydney apartments dont pay water service charges if they used shared meters its around the same as my friends whom also live on their own.

Showers are much better for cleaning but I prefer baths, I can do more things(read a book, listen to music etc) in my "relaxtub".
    I get the feeling you have visited a day/health spa no?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Baths suck. I prefer showers, mainly because they're a lot faster. I also feel like my hair is cleaner after a shower too. The only downside to showers is dryer skin, but that's solved easily enough with lotions.

Also, baths seem very high maintenance. Like **** in going to waste time and water showering before and after a bath to feel clean. Bathing in my own filth doesn't appeal to me either - and what about other bath users? Do I have to clean my bath every time I want to use it too? Dust, hair, dried gels, fluff... Blagh. Showers seem more hygienic to me.

I've never had a bad day, and thought about having a nice warm bath to ease my aching muscles, with bubbles, candles and... FFVII music, lol. I'm always in the mood for a very hot shower, clean pjs and my bed with clean sheets. I don't need a very romantic life when I'm alone haha.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Also, baths seem very high maintenance.
    Not for me personally but god reading this thread it would seem that way to most people.

I've never had a bad day, and thought about having a nice warm bath to ease my aching muscles, with bubbles, candles and... FFVII music, lol.
    Really? Apart from the FFVII music (most of my friends think its strange) I dont want to? believe you.

I'm always in the mood for a very hot shower, clean pjs and my bed with clean sheets. I don't need a very romantic life when I'm alone haha.
    This(that is actually me lol sry ppl) is exactly what I love doing alone or when I have a bf. If that aint relaxing I dont kno what is. And who doesnt always love clean pjs and bed sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by ezio69 View Post
    I get the feeling you have visited a day/health spa no?
    Yes! I guess my love of baths are a way of reliving the experience. Recommend going alone. With friends they just make me laugh too much. I like peace and quiet while im there haha.

Edit: I just looked up at the poll Baths are winning?? The hell are u ppl?!

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    Edit: I just looked up at the poll Baths are winning?? The hell are u ppl?!
    Ha ha! Now they are tied again! Ha ha!

My preference is the shower. It is more aligned with my fast-paced lifestyle. This is not to say I am anti-bath---I am not---but I am much slower at a bath than a shower.

This might be because I don't treat bath/shower time as an experience like some people... rather, it is just a necessary part of the day. I take a utilitarian approach to it. In, clean, dry, out. The shower is a more efficient means to this end.
    Last edited by Incognitus; 02-10-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

#LOCKE4GOD Bath vs. Shower Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Not sure how it works in America, but what Australians actually pay for the water we use is a piss in the ocean compared to the rates and taxes. To give you an idea, you could have a family of 5 and your water usage would only equate to 15 -20% of the quarterly bill.
    Presumably you have to pay for the electricity (or gas) to heat the water? Here we don't even pay separately for water. The infrastructure is just bundled into the rates (based on estimated property value), and water rarely needs to be rationed. If it does, it usually just means that in summer you can't water your garden every day, only every second day, and you see annoying adverts about turning off the tap when you brush your teeth. In theory if you had a good solar water heater you could do shower-bath-shower regularly and conceivably pay the same amount as someone who only showers.

I used to take baths the night before tests that were stressing me out. I'd fill the bath, and sit there just reading my study notes slowly, one last time before going to bed. I wouldn't read them the morning of the test, so it was my last chance to convince myself that I knew the content before being tested on it. It always worked to calm my nerves. Otherwise it seems like a lot of water for little relative benefit over a shower, which is already a pretty relaxing activity.

EDIT: And I just realised that I'm now at the stage in my life where tests and exams don't exist. Wow. Old feels. Good ones.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-10-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Death Before Dishonor Bath vs. Shower Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am a very busy man, and therefore do not have time for the luxury of a bath.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!