Thread: Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy? The TFF 2011 MLB thread.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. Polk's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy? The TFF 2011 MLB thread.

I figure since there's always a yearly NFL thread, why not a baseball thread? And only 50 or so games into the season. Hey, nobody ever said I was punctual.

So this is a thread about BASEBALL and having GENERAL DISCUSSION (or general CHAT if you prefer) about BASEBALL. Go figure.

Current storylines:
    - The Indians and the Phillies are the best teams in baseball right now. Make your own "Cleveland Steamer" or "Philly Cheesesteak" jokes.
    - After a miserable start, the Red Sox are on top of the AL East. On the other end of the spectrum, the Orioles had a hot start and are on the bottom of the AL East.
    - The Brewers have the best home record in baseball. This may not be important to anyone else, but this is MY THREAD AND GOD DAMNIT I'M GONNA TALK ABOUT THE BREWERS
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Re: Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy? The TFF 2011 MLB thread.

I'm more interested in where the hell have you been.
    Boston Bitch Sox still suck.

Cleveland will never make it.

Phillies maybe.

I don't really pay attention that much to baseball these days. As long as my D Backs win I'm good.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

Re: Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy? The TFF 2011 MLB thread.

I don't pay too close attention to MLB. My dad roots for the Twins, so I know that they've sucked this year (and from the radio, because I listen to sports talk sometimes. Minnesota isn't having a good year, apparently.) I know Jacoby Ellsbury-former OSU player-is still doing well for the "Bitch Sox" and Darwin Barney is making a name for himself with the Cubs I think, so I'm happy for them.

Friggen' OSU though. They were #1 in the Pac 10 and #2 in the country in College Baseball until last weekend, and this weekend they got swept by our arch rivals. Which means we lost to them in every major sport this school year. In football, they finished #2. In basketball, they both sucked. In baseball? No excuse. I am pissed off. That's really humiliating. I don't know how they'll do in the post season, but I honestly don't know if I care. It was THAT IMPORTANT to me that they WIN this series. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm posting in here because I don't know shit about baseball but I feel like I need to post because Polk is the ****in man, just like the rest of the people that are gonna follow me. Hopefulyl this post scares them off so you guys can get some good discussion on baseball, but they'll probably never read this anyway. GL

GO YANKEES

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Bananarama Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

**** you che, you front running douche. <3

It's all about the Mets. Sure, it's a rebuilding year, but in all honesty, the teams shown a lot more grit than I could have ever asked. We have a lot of rookies who want to win and want to stay on the team when all of our regulars get back from the DL.

My biggest concern is what will happen at the trade deadline and coincidentally at the end of the year, when Reyes' and Beltran's contracts are up. The team is bleeding money since the Wilpons are idiots and got caught up in Madoff's Ponzi scheme, so they probably won't have the money, or rather the desire to spend the money on an electric player like Reyes. Beltran won't be a Met next year, and that's to be expected, but if the team is in the hunt for a Wild Card, I'd rather the Mets keep him until the end of the year, unless we can get some real quality players in exchange for him.

I'm also not a fan of Einhorn, who is in line to become the new partial owner. I don't hear his passion for the team when he speaks, and when he says he thinks owning a team would be a new personal experience, it really turns my stomach. He's one of those Wall St. losers, who goes and invests in things when they begin to tank, and then when they rebound, he sells it and profits. Lots of short selling and no heart. That's NOT what I want for by ballclub.

That, and **** the Phillies.

Good day.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Lone Dagger Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. Xithor's Avatar

I agree with almost everything that you said Pete, I'm a Met fan and I know that it is a rebuilding year and the scoreboards don't really reflect what the Mets are about this year. I'm a little nervous about the trade deadline though because I know Reyes and Beltran's contracts are up and I more than expect Beltran not to be a Met anymore next year. I don't want to see him go before his contract is up though, I'd like to see him play out his career in NY and then test the waters of free agency so he can be there to provide the veteran guidance for the younger guys like Thole, Murphyand Davis and help them get more accustomed to life in the majors. They better resign Reyes because him and Wright are two of the major building blocks to build a team around. You gotta be solid up the middle. C, 2B, SS, and CF. C and SS would be set if they resign Reyes (which they should) and I really like the way that Pagan has played that past year and change in Beltran's absence. As far as 2B goes, I've been really pleased to see the young Ruben Tejada play over there and I think he'll do very well in the future. Overall the Mets are playing for the future right now and I can accept that and enjoy what I see in their future.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I want to play a game. Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. Zargabaath's Avatar

Tic-Tac-Toe. Three Mets fans in a row. Bwahahaha.

I wasn't too pleased with Wilpon's words about his players though some of his words ring true, he shouldn't have said that. Especially with the team trying to rebuild, it is not wise to bash some of their "star" players. Isn't the Ponzi Scheme investigation enough?

Don't know too much about Einhorn though even if what you say Pete is true about him, I think there at least needs to be a change in ownership because the Wilpons aren't doing good. Some say Fred is too infatuated with memories of the Brooklyn Dodgers than he is concerned with the Mets. I do like they need somebody new up top.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Am I the only one who thinks that Brian Wilson's beard is creepy?  The TFF 2011 MLB thread. Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I'm more interested in where the hell have you been.
    I died. It's okay, though. I'm back (sorta?).

Quote Originally Posted by che
    I'm posting in here because I don't know shit about baseball but I feel like I need to post because Polk is the ****in man, just like the rest of the people that are gonna follow me.
    Is this why people post in my threads? Sheer pity? I just thought I made good threads

So my Brewers just finished a seven game road trip at 5-2 (including sweeping the Florida Marlins), and it looks like, at least for now, that The Crew's road problems seem to be resolved. Next up is a three game series at home against the Mets (sorry Pete ).

SO, the question of the day is: Any predictions for playoff teams?

Personally, I'll go right now for:

AL
    Red Sox
    Indians
    Rangers
    WC: Yankees

[b]NL[b]
    Phillies
    Brewers
    Diamondbacks
    WC: Cardinals

Obviously, I'm a little biased when it comes to the NL Central, but if the Brew Crew can really overcome their struggles on the road and continue to beast at home, the Central's gonna have a hell of a race for first.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.