Thread: $_$ dreams of being rich?

Boxer of the Galaxy $_$ dreams of being rich? Rowan's Avatar

$_$ dreams of being rich?

How many of you dream of being rich? What exactly is being rich defined to you personally? For me, that would be owning my own property and having about 4 million dollars. I dont think big about boats and luxury items, just enough to support my gaming/tech passion and that would be enough to allow me to live happily until the end of my days. Heres some questions;
    Do you think that being rich would change who you are in a good way or a bad way?
    If you somehow attained a large amount of money, would your friends expect something from you?
    Would you expect them to give you a little somethin' somethin' if they suddenly became incredibly wealthy?
    Whats the first thing you would do if you had such incredible wealth?
    Whats the first big item you would purchase?
    How will you become rich, if you would at all?

Money changes everyone.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy $_$ dreams of being rich? Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Money changes everyone.
    /thread

amirite?

The Mad God $_$ dreams of being rich? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Rich is having enough money to do whatever the **** you want, without ever having to check your balance first. The exact number depends on the person. For me it'd probably be around 100 million, just because I love to waste money. I could live in comfort for a lot less, but when I'm rich, if I have the random urge to go to the most expensive hotel in the world, spend a week in Dubai doing whatever looks interesting, and drinking 60 year scotch until I pass out every night, I wouldn't eve have to think twice about a budget. I wouldn't need to OWN very many big expensive things,it'd be more about having access to entertainment opportunities on a whim. For my own needs, a house that cost a few mil, a 10000$ computer, big TVs and that kinda crap would be all I could ever want. Being able to upgrade my machine without a second thought when new parts release without thinking "You know, I want that, but I think I'll wait until the price falls into the triple digits".

Would it change me? Sure, I'd be a lot more pleasant if I didn't have to work for a living.

Would friends want something? They probably would, they might benefit from it, but I wouldn't be giving handouts without cause. Might invest in a few friend's futures if I think my money would help them make something of themselves. Mostly it'd just be inviting them along on my overpriced vacations. Probably have a few move in with me, just because why the **** not.

Would I want something? No more than I'd be willing to give if it were me. Of course most of my friends would probably offer more anyways, and I'd accept.

Buy a huge house somewhere with a good 1gig internet service available (I've gotten too used to mine to ever live somewhere where it wasn't available), and turn the basement into a man cave the likes of which the world has never known. Get a few 90 inch TVs, one for TV, one to use as a monitor. Put a master bath in the basement, with one of those awesome0 rainfall showers, and a huge hot tub in the middle of the bathroom. There'd be a bar in the basement, stocked with a bunch of whiskies I've always wanted to try. I really wouldn't even need the rest of the house, aside from the kitchen. I'd just live in my own basement and move a few friends in to the bedrooms upstairs.

Aside from the house, probably a really expensive antique weapon, like a kamakura katana or something. If I could track down a legit Masamune or something from his student, Go Yoshihiro, I'd buy it.

If I were to become rich, it'd either be for some major invention or discovery, or a string of high profile assassinations. I don't much care which.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I invented Go-Gurt. $_$ dreams of being rich? Clint's Avatar
    Being rich means having masculine sperm. Or a lot of money. Either of the two. By a lot of money, I mean like $600,000. It would just be ridiculous to have any more than that. Like that Oprah bitch that's on television. She has over a billion dollars. What does one person need with all those ducats? I know what I would do if I had a billion dollars. I would buy 25 million dildos.

I'm going to answer some questions now.

Do you think that being rich would change who you are in a good way or a bad way?

It would certainly ease some of my financial burdens and stress. That would be change in a good way.

If you somehow attained a large amount of money, would your friends expect something from you?

If they expect anything, they're not getting anything. I don't have that much money now, and I still loan people money without the expectation that it will ever be returned. As long as people don't ask for money, I offer.

Would you expect them to give you a little somethin' somethin' if they suddenly became incredibly wealthy?

No, but I won't feel guilty about having somebody else pay for dinner.

Whats the first thing you would do if you had such incredible wealth?

I'd buy 25 million dildos. Or quit my job.

Whats the first big item you would purchase?

A house.

How will you become rich, if you would at all?

Piracy on the open seas.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think having a lot of money would change who I am now, my feelings towards everything and I'd still keep the day job to keep from going insane. I would be able to live far more comfortably with that kind of security, and I'd come out of my bubble a lot more and be brave enough to travel and not ever fearful of getting lost.

I don't have very many friends, but the few I have would definitely get something. But not something for nothing. I wouldn't just hand out money, car keys and expensive non-essentials to everyone. My boyfriend is dyslexic, but is AMAZING with numbers and has previously worked in bookkeeping for a small firm - I'd help him pay for an accounting degree so that he'd find an easier time finding work in that field. My best friend just graduated with a lighting design degree, and I'd give her the funding for her own equipment and company in a heartbeat, and I'd want to be there to help her out and come to her shows. If my friends want something from me, they have to be using it for their own progression - not their downfall.

The only person who'd get something for nothing from me is my mum. She's given me everything, and has sacrificed so much for me and my brother. There's a place on the coast called Deal, and I'd buy her a cottage there, with massive windows that overlook the ocean. It's her favourite place to go on holiday, and she loves cycling. I'd make sure she had her own garage, full of the tools she'd need to fix her bikes and store them. A nice truck to get around in out in the country. A big garden. A cellar for all the brandy she could want, and a dark room for her photography (plus loads of camera bits and bobs). She can use it as a holiday home, or retire to there early - I'd make sure she had enough money for anything she could want or need.

For myself, I might set up a small business or charity, something to do with gaming and getting people together. About ten years ago, I expressed a dream to my friends about how I'd love to be the first person to set up a gaming bar/cafe/store, but that's already been done now. But mine would be better, because I'm passionate about games and gaming technology. I'd help gaming become more accessible for people who for whatever reason can't play games the store bought, conventional way (I saw a guy with no arms beat a guy at Fifa 13 using his toes - amazing! But what if a technology was designed to make his gaming life easier? There's already charities who work on modified controllers and boards for people without limbs, or muscle/nerve disabilities, etc).

The first thing I would buy would be my own apartment, and I'd have the place completely sound proofed for my hobby. It would be constantly updated with the latest technology and I'd have a nice security system in place in case of burglary. It'd need a large, outdoor terrace with a rooftop pool and hot tub, and a nice big grill for those sunset BBQs. I'd rent a nearby garage, and get myself a nice bike - I'm eyeing up a 2015 Heritage Softail Classic Harley as I write this.

I don't think I'll ever become rich through work. The industry I'm in doesn't really support nobodies who want to make something of themselves - retail is mostly full of broke ass uni students making the extra few pounds, or older folk having a mid-life crisis. I'm kind of just... stuck where I am. I've button mashed my way up to where I am, but I'm tired of it now. The only way I'd get rich is by farting out the next internet fad or bright idea, or winning the lottery (which I don't even play, so I'm not winning there).

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.