Thread: Interstella 5555

Che

Interstella 5555

Anyone ever seen this Daft Punk movie? It's basically an animated story told using Daft Punk's songs. You get to see their music come to life through this, it's pretty freaking sweet.

It's probably pretty old but I saw it for the first time a few days ago and I've watched it like 5 times since.

YouTube - Daft Punk - Interstella 5555 - Full / Completo

1 hour 5 minutes I think, on youtube.

Blog Entries
    Aw hell yeah man, I remember this!

This used to be played in bits and pieces during Toonami's Midnight Run like way back in the day, which in turn got me hooked on Daft Punk and the whole electronica music genre in general. But yeah all of these songs are in order of the Discovery CD, pretty sick find. People who liked toonami or Daft Punk should check them out.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Interstella 5555
    Posted by Rocky
    This used to be played in bits and pieces during Toonami's Midnight Run like way back in the day, which in turn got me hooked on Daft Punk and the whole electronica music genre in general.
    This is me as well. When I first saw it on Toonami, I was like "Man this is cool!". Also, I think Toonami only played up to the part where the song "Harder Better Faster Stronger" was featured. I wanted to watch the rest, but I could never find the video. I bought Daft Punk's Discovery album and listened to it a lot though. I finally went searching for it on Youtube one day, and got to see the whole thing.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

This was totally on MTV and Cartoon Network a long time ago. I used to watch Toonami a lot, also back when they still showed all the Gundiam's, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, and Rurouni Kenshin. I watched Toonami religiously, until it got lame. I still watch Adult Swim though.
    Last edited by Victoria; 11-24-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Just because I feel like being a goober. XD ~Sheena

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Yanqui UXO Interstella 5555 charliepanayi's Avatar
    It's a little cheesy at times, but the soundtrack is Discovery by Daft Punk and this alone makes it pretty great. It's very enjoyable.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Registered User Interstella 5555 Angel Black's Avatar
    Leiji Matsumoto + Daft Punk?

That thought alone is enough to sell the idea.Nice plot,good songs,a beautiful Leiji lady ,and a lovely retro feeling give Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem that unique style that I love.Plus"Harder Better ..." is one of my favorite songs.

What else can anyone ask for? Maybe...

Leiji Matsumoto, Queen's Music Video Screenshots Posted (Updated) - Anime News Network

Leiji drawings: one of the over 999 things I love about anime.
    Last edited by Angel Black; 12-13-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Prince Needs Herb

Found this around the time that "Stronger" by Kanye West came out, and watched it song scene by song scene on YouTube. Some of the story is really sad, like when Mr. Spaceman comes to Earth to save the band, but ends up getting killed himself. Some of the songs reminded me of old-school videogame music, like when they were heading through the castle. It's kind of funny, but cool too. XD

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxasnerdgirl View Post
    Found this around the time that "Stronger" by Kanye West came out, and watched it song scene by song scene on YouTube. Some of the story is really sad, like when Mr. Spaceman comes to Earth to save the band, but ends up getting killed himself. Some of the songs reminded me of old-school videogame music, like when they were heading through the castle. It's kind of funny, but cool too. XD
    Yep. There are some super sad parts. The part you mentioned I freakin love. The dude comes in to save them all baller like when "Superheroes" is playin. Gives me goosebumps everytime.

It's funny that you just posted because I JUST watched that part and made myself an avatar of Shep (the guy who's from their planet and saves them). Epic movie!

And YES! Heading through the castle is total videogame boss music. It reminds me of the castle music of Super Mario. Good stuff!
    Last edited by Che; 12-15-2009 at 04:01 AM.

I want to play a game. Interstella 5555 Zargabaath's Avatar
    Dodie pointed me to this thread and I must say it was a pretty cool movie that had some AWESOME music!! I remember the first time it came on Toonami Midnight Run - they had music from the Gorillaz and a few other artists that I can't remember; most were pretty good, like the song with the chicken or robot in the factory(??), not sure as my memory is foggy.

Anyhuma, I was at my grandparent's house and I stayed up and watched the whole thing. Bringing this up reminds when Cartoon Network first showing commercials for Adult Swim and the few scenes of Cowboy Bebop mixed in with the other shows and I was like I have to watch that (Cowboy Bebop).

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

rodrick
    yeah all of these songs are in order of the Discovery CD, pretty sick find. People who liked toonami or Daft Punk should check them out.