Or is it?

I really don't like Final Fantasy XV, and it's definitely about time everyone stops pretending it is a good game. I don't think I'd have liked it better if it wasn't a Final Fantasy game either. It's just... boring. I said this last summer when the demo came out, and was attacked for not liking it. "It's early days, how can you say it's bad from a demo?" Well, nothing has improved since last year, so here I go.

Combat is clunky and not as smooth as I'd like. Bosses are boring. Side quests are boring. There's far too much running backwards and forwards. Travel is tiresome. Magic is annoying to use. The level system needs too much work for so little rewards. The actual story isn't that long if you cut out all the bullshit travelling. For an open world game, there's not much going on - the map is too big, but seems smaller because nothing is going on. I don't even find the characters all that likeable. Gladdy maybe, but only because he's a hottie, but Noctis can go suck a lemon, the miserable, spoiled little brat.

I get they've tried to appeal to a new audience, but damn. It's not a Final Fantasy game to me. I hope this isn't the way Final Fantasy games are going, where combat is dumbed down to pressing one or two buttons without a second thought, distracting you with how pretty it is and not putting worthwhile quests in it. I'm more keen for the remaster of Final Fantasy XII than I ever was for this.

Do you know how pissed I was, being a collector and all, when the Collector's Editions sold out while I slept? Now I'm just pissed that I spent the extra £70 on the special console. I burnt out in the first thirty hours, and really can't be bothered completing it unless there's a scene in the next hour or two where it turns into a Final Fantasy game OR there's a neked scene with Gladdy.

Please, tell me where I'm going wrong here? I can't be the only person who's not impressed.