Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last CD you bought?

Just got Indestructible, by Disturbed. All I can say is - brilliant. Almost as ood as fists, and better than the others.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. What was the last CD you bought? Polk's Avatar
    Not bought but:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor- F♯A♯∞. Very nice. "Dead Flag Blues" is phenomenal.
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Lift your skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven. Didn't get a chance to listen to it yet.

I also stopped by my favorite record store and stumbled upon a bootleg of Mr. Bungle's Bizarrefest 2000 set for $5 from, obviously, five Dollar Records. Amazing.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Stage Dives, High Fives. What was the last CD you bought? Confession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Not bought but:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor- F♯A♯∞. Very nice. "Dead Flag Blues" is phenomenal.
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Lift your skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven. Didn't get a chance to listen to it yet.

I also stopped by my favorite record store and stumbled upon a bootleg of Mr. Bungle's Bizarrefest 2000 set for $5 from, obviously, five Dollar Records. Amazing.
    SHIT! what a score! As the only other known Mr. Bungle fan, that is awesome!
    And hahaha I got you to buy GS!BE didn't I?

Well I went to a market and picked up a Black Sabbath Vol. 4 vinyl. for 2 freakin bucks! I would sell the palms for this and it only cost me that! WAHOOO... but not, or maybe?

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! What was the last CD you bought? Tallulah's Avatar
    Just downloaded Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. At £4.99, the price was right.

Godsmack Worshipper What was the last CD you bought? Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    Evanescence - The Open Door

I decided to buy this album after listening to their debut album "Fallen" which was the only album that I had truly liked every single song and made Evanescence one of my favorite bands ever.

Now, Back to The Open Door:

The first time I listened to it I was disappointed because I wanted more of Fallen. After a couple of listens I realized I was totally wrong. Even after the departure of Ben Moody which I consider as one of the best songwriters, Amy Lee was able to deliver an amazing follow-up to their hugely successful debut album. I agree with you that nothing can beat Fallen but every song on The Open Door is great! such a powerful lyrics that once you listen to it over and over again, they begin to take on meanings that transcend sound into pure feeling.

This record simply shows more of Amy's wonderful talents and has proved that Evanescence is not a one-album-hit wonder.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-15-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Synthesized Ascension What was the last CD you bought? Zardoch's Avatar
    Not too long ago, I got my hands on Testament's second album, The New Order. It was epically awesome so I then decided to keep getting the next album until I finally almost have them all, lol. I gave each album a good listen to, particularly "Practice What you Preach", though the next few albums after that got a bit...bland.

Everything picked up once I heard "Low", which is a great album. The next two "Demonic" and "The Gathering" got even better as I heard great combination of thrash and death metal, two of my favorite genres. Lastly, I finally got the last album, The Formation of Damnation, and damn man, I can't decide which album I like more. The Gathering or their newest one. I don't think I could honestly choose.

Testament is your god.

What was the last CD you bought? Magick 13's Avatar
    I haven't bought any that recently actually but my latest one was Pendulum's new album In Silico. It's a good album, it has good remixes anyway. I bought it because I really liked their last album and I'd heard the song Propane Nightmares from In Silico and thought it was worth givingthe album a go. It's definately good drum 'n' bass.

hassanyawar

Latest CD Bought

Man, i bought the latest album of bryan adams "11". He started his career in 1980 but i still like because his songs are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Architect View Post
    SHIT! what a score! As the only other known Mr. Bungle fan, that is awesome!
    And hahaha I got you to buy GS!BE didn't I?
    Yeah yeah. Rub it in. It couldn't be helped though, GY!BE is amazing. And as for the Bungle album, I freaked out when I found it. One of the girls working there gave me a weird look when it happened.

Two more to add:

Less than Jake- Pezcore. Pretty good. A lot more skanky than their other stuff, which is nice.

The Toasters- One more Bullet. Haven't listened to a lot of it, but seeing as The Toasters are great, I assume it's good.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Die Walkure, by Richard Wanger. And before that, I bought Missa Papae Marcelli by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina.

That was a monster to type.
    Life and death are strange things. When you look at your hands, do you think of the lives you give or take with them? Do you feel as if many lives rest upon your shoulders? Or do they end with your hand? Are you a saint? Are you a heathen? Of course not. Existence cannot be defined by such generalizations. We all live in a complex web of life, and affect it in our own ways. When we throw our stone into the water, how big will the ripples be?

What is truly more powerful and destructive; action, or idleness? Words, or silence?

- Sharzademar

PS: I'm very ADD, so I forget about things fast. Sharzademar, back again!

The Concert Hall: For the Love of Classical Music

My TFF Family
    PM if you want to join!

My Lost fan niece, Unknown Entity.

For the love of God or any deity you may or may not worship, please Stop Dr. Uwe Boll

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just ordered Fallen and The Open Door by Evanescence, so they should be here by Thursday or Friday with a little luck - I NEED MUSIC!!!

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I went to this SKA store in melbourne, I got ALL 7 Reel big fish albums for $60

For people not Aussie, the average album costs around 20-30 bucks here, depending where you got it from.

Reel Big Fish are a fantastic band <3

Alkaline Trio's "Remains" - not as good as previous albums, but it's still very listenable and has some really good songs on there, my favourites from the album would have to be "I'm Dying Tommorow", "Sadie", "Metro", and "Warbrain"

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

That One Guy What was the last CD you bought? dimmufan's Avatar
    Yesterday, I bought the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. Cost me $50. Dunno why, I guess it's cause it was made in Holland. Anyways, I've been jammin it all day. On the way to work, at work, on the way home from work. Every song has been digitally remastered so the sound is crisp as ever. I highly recommend everyone getting this CD.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

I have two more to add:

Oingo Boingo- Dead Man's Party
    Oingo Boingo- Only a Lad

Both of which I bought this morning. Dead Man's Party is tasty.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries
    I think this is the first CD I've purchased in over a year.

Album: Ghosts I-IV
    Artist: Nine Inch Nails
    Released: March 2, 2008

I love it. It's entirely instrumental, excepting the occasional background vocal noise. Incredibly atmospheric and wonderful to listen to while writing. A soundtrack for daydreams, indeed. As one Amazon reviewer suggested though, it's best to listen to it one Ghost at a time, not all four in one sitting.

It's also my first legitimate digital download of music, ever. I plan on repeating the experience again in the future.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I got 2 albums recently. Both by the artist Weezer

I got:
    Pinkerton
    The Red Album

Now Pinkterton is an old good album, not there best, but good neithertheless.
    And The Red Album is their newest album, only coming out a week ago I think. It is extremely good, and I advice it if you like this kinda music, or Weezer.

Anghellic: Reparation by Tech N9ne
    and
    Steal This Album! by System of a Down

Next on my list, a few albums by Elliott Smith through amazon.com.

Blog Entries
    Album: My Winter Storm
    Artist: Tarja
    Released: November 19, 2007

I happen to like her singing voice. Picked it up mostly on a whim yesterday, got the special bonus version with a DVD and extra bonus track. And yes, I do actually prefer physical CDs to the whole digital download thing. Call me crazy but I still have a *gasp* CD player. No ipods for me.

Anyways, gave it a listen once I got home last night. I like it. I had it mostly in the background though so I only half-heard most of the lyrics. That's fine though, sometimes it's just the sound of one's voice.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

What was the last CD you bought? Slick's Avatar
    Band: Five.Bolt.Main
    Title: Venting

See the thing with this, is I bet barely anyone has heard this band. It has the lead singer from Flaw (Chris Volz) which was one of the most underrated rock bands in entire history. These guys had so many great hits on one C.D. it was just crazy. Through the Eyes and Endangered Species were both great albums. I bought this C.D. in support of their get back together.
    The music on this C.D. is not too bad. Yes, it's not Flaw persay, but it has a more positive outlook on life and truth about it. I can relate with some of these songs pretty well and Chris Volz has such a unique voice it is unmistakable.
    C.D. before that was Trust Comany's Parallels, I had it, but ex lost it. And then Disturbed's new C.D. Which is pretty damn awesome for the word.

Steve Reich- Early Works. I've been meaning to buy some of his works for some time, and have only gotten around to it now. This CD has my favorite, "Piano Phase", on it, as well as the even more bizarre "It's Gonna Rain". I can't explain how amazing "Piano Phase" is, but imagine being on drugs when you're really not. Kinda like that.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Damn. Last CD I bought? Over a year ago. It was both Gorillaz G-Sides and Gorillaz CD. I had the CD's on MP3 but I wanted to own the albums myself. (Wait no my mother bought those lol) I bought 2 In Flames CDs last. Maybe 2 years ago.

What was the last CD you bought? Slick's Avatar
    Just bought Shinedowns new C.D. today.

The band has progressed in their tunage, and their lyrics are good also.
    I think maybe a few songs will hit the media good, but I'm not expecting too much from it. I do like it quite a bit, but it's nothing too special.
    Overall good C.D.
    So now you’re suffering the fallacy of what you said
    When you uncover the depression from where you’ve tread
    Breathe over the glass you wrote on
    Swallow all that you waste your throat on
    You wear the mark and wave the banner they made with sin
    Revealing every single lie that you’ve been breeding within
    Wash over the skin you’ve broken
    Think over the tone you spoke in

I just got Sonic Firestorm by DragonForce and Somewhere Back in Time - The Best of 1980-1989 by Iron Maiden. They're both really good albums, and I'm glad I got them. Okay, so I didn't actually buy them, but who gives a damn about those little details?

Registered User What was the last CD you bought? Dimi's Avatar
    Two Words:

Lacuna Coil.

I just got 'Comalies' and 'Karmacode' yesterday and I've been wanting to get a hand on their albums for so long. Both are really good albums. I prefer Comalies then Karmacode but still great albums. They did have a used copy of Unleashed Memories which I didn't think it was even possible that they sold it out here. But it was 32 bucks. >< So I just bought the two albums which came out to be a bit cheaper then just one CD.

Next month, I'll be looking online to see if I can purchase 'In A Reverie' and 'Unleashed Memories'. I'm also hoping to at least score in a Within Temptation album or two since they're finally being distributed out here a few days around my birthday.

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo What was the last CD you bought? Lithium's Avatar
    The last CDs that I bought were

Name: Galyuu
    Artist: Miyavi

and

Name: the WORLD RULER
    Artist: Nightmare

I have listened to these CD 546 times. And I am serious.
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

Is just bought Scars on Broadway by... uh, Scars on Broadway.

It's a good album, a lot of the songs are good, a few of them stick in your head, and there's some (i.e. most) that you have to sing along to when you hear them. Reading comments on the Youtube videos for their songs, a lot of people claim they don't sound like System of a Down, and I agree with this to an extent. However, some songs (Insane, for example) sound similar to System's work, so the influence from their previous band is obviousl there. Not that that's a bad thing.

Overall, it's a good album, and I'd reccomend it to any rock fan, or any fans of System of a Down.

Blog Entries
    I bought the new NaS CD a couple of days ago, and so far it hasnt left my deck from my car at all, thats how good it is. For those of you who don't know, Nas is easily one of the best lyricists ever from the rap genre. Many people give him crap about his beats from his songs, but his lyrics are true to anyone in the game. When he released "Hip Hop is Dead", that CD spoke truer than any other artist has in a long time; hip-hop has been overrun recently by people who think all of it consist of his having a cool beat and a catchy hook, and those people pretty much do it just to gain a quick buck. But Nas is unlike all of that, and for that reason he makes the "chemo" so to speak to revive good quality songs. Just check this song out from his CD, it's one of his best by far in terms of raw lyric ability and his cause/stance on the status quo.

YouTube - Sly Fox
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Last Cd's I bought ( Bought em all at once )Modern American, Distillers and The Offspring
    -- " I would love to own a ship that runs on smiles .. Would be alot cheaper than gas ><" --

I last bought HORSE the bands R. Borlax
    Very good album, you should see what it packs.

Many good tracks, none that are bad.
    HORSE is a fantastic band, not just a fad.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast