Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calling all METALHEADS.

Mystyrion

Re: Calling all METALHEADS.

I have given up Metal for the most part.

Most of my friends don't listen to it, so i don't really have anyone to share this music with.
    And its not just that, i mean that makes it much harder on me to find new bands to listen to, but every new band i found sounded just like the other. Its was all becoming bland and generic to me. There are bands still out there that stick out to me, but eh. I think I'm just out growing the genre and moving on to something different.

Registered BRUISER Calling all METALHEADS. Nidogod's Avatar

Blasphemy! You clearly haven't heard Iced Earth's new album. It is the probably the best since Burnt Offerings. Stu Block is an amazing vocalist! Then again, I thought Ripper Owens was great too, and his new band, Charred Walls of the Damned, founded by ex-Iced Earth drummer Richard Christy, is EPIC.
    Actually I did listen to it and although it's better than the two abortions they released before it, it still suffers from the same thing every album since Burnt Offerings suffers from in that it is just more of the same. It's clear that Jon Schaffer does all the composing and he's been recycling the same tired riffs since the 90's. Iced Earth is just one of those bands where you can check out their greatest hits and never have to listen to another song outside of it. They are a good band with good material, but overall their discography is pretty weak. More than a new Iced Earth album I'd like to see Schaffer collaborate on some other stuff as Demons & Wizards was a really cool project.

I didn't know Richard Christy was in another project. That's definitely exciting, I'm a drummer myself and he's one of my favorites.

Registered User Calling all METALHEADS. + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

*tiptoes in cautiously* ...REAL metalheads? So this isn't going to be about Trivium, Disturbed and Slipknot, right? Good!

I LOVE metal. Regular metal, black metal and doom are all pretty good. But my favorite by far is death metal. Not just Cannibal Corpse, although they're a good place to start--but Immolation, Death, Grave, Vader, Morbid Angel...can't get enough.

Metalcore, hardcore, emocore, mallcore, applecore, and anything with "core" in it...not my bag. Well, maybe grindcore, but only because it's similar to death.
    Last edited by + Revenant +; 04-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Registered BRUISER Calling all METALHEADS. Nidogod's Avatar

Hey Revenant, the death metal bands you're into are pretty well known. Don't know how far you've explored the genre, but I recommend you check out Behemoth, Kronos, Lykathea Aflame, Persefone, Mithras, and Pig Destroyer. I'm a big fan of the death 'n roll stuff like Gorefest and Entombed as well.

Ayyye Calling all METALHEADS. Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If we're going to discuss death metal, let's not include cannibal corpse in the discussion lol If you wanna get into some GOOD death metal, melodic death metal is the way to go, in my opinion. But I tend to not bother with genres anyway, if a band sticks to a certain genre, they're usually pretty bland generic and shit. Good bands to check out: In Vain, Allegaeon, Arsis, A Hill To Die Upon (good bands start with the letter A, yo) Skeletonwitch (not melodeath at all, but a tasty mix of death, black and thrash)

Next week on Lacquer Head talks metal: Doom

There's nothing wrong with Cannibal Corpse. If you think they're bad you haven't heard Six Feet Under. I think melodeath's kind of overrated, but I like Insomnium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Hey Revenant, the death metal bands you're into are pretty well known. Don't know how far you've explored the genre, but I recommend you check out Behemoth, Kronos, Lykathea Aflame, Persefone, Mithras, and Pig Destroyer. I'm a big fan of the death 'n roll stuff like Gorefest and Entombed as well.
    Pretty far, but I keep my collection limited. I also like Gorguts, Convulse, Disincarnate, Anata, The Chasm and Disma.

Blog Entries

>cannibal corpse
    >melodeath overrated

lolwut

straight up death metal is usually pretty meh. There's nothing to the songs, just the same riff played for 4 minutes. No direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    >cannibal corpse
    >melodeath overrated

lolwut

straight up death metal is usually pretty meh. There's nothing to the songs, just the same riff played for 4 minutes. No direction.
    Sorry, I thought for a minute you knew what you were talking about. Never mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by + Revenant + View Post
    Sorry, I thought for a minute you knew what you were talking about. Never mind.
    ad ho·mi·nem
    1. (of an argument or reaction) Arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic.
    2. Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.

So how bout you EXPLAIN your point this time.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I consider myself a pretty big metalhead.

I tend to be into the more proggy stuff like Cynic, Death, Atheist, Nuclear Rabbit, Dream Theater, Animals as Leaders, etc. I do have a love for the brutal stuff, though. Anaal Nathrakh, Dying Fetus (even though both their vocalists look as if they are eternal pooping), Behemoth, Arsis, and Necrophagist are some favorites.

I also dig properly done Deathcore like The Faceless and The HAARP Machine, groove metal like Machine Head and Pantera, and I consider Hair Metal to be a guilty pleasure.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

Too many to really list but...

Hypocrisy, Fear Factory, Nevermore, Krohm, Bergraven, Bloodbath, Diagnose Lebensgafahr... I'm already running out of brain. I used to listen to a lot more metal than I do these days and I'm sure it is recorded somewhere....... =\

I tend to listen to more progressive stuff these days but I was big into black metal back in the day. Oh to be young again... D:

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Blog Entries
    Forgot I said I'd talk about doom metal lol Well, I'm not really big on straight up doom, I really need to get something besides dial up to explore it more. Anyway, here are a couple good bands. First band: Agalloch. Kinda folky, kinda doom, kinda different. I like. They have that atmosphere-y soundtrack going on. Very nice to zone out and listen to these guys. Second up: Solitude Aeturnus. SA are "epic doom" but like most genre titles, they never work. The band has that "omg I wanna die" atmosphere with a (I hate to say it, because it seems like it would suck, but actually sounds pretty cool) Metallica vibe, not that strong, but the singer definitely reminds me of James Hetfield.

I think next week (or whenever) I shall post about random shit. Might even introduce some core that isn't awful o_O

Lady of the Flowers Calling all METALHEADS. Anthiena's Avatar
    Since the last time I had access to 1. a computer, 2. a metal station, I haven't listened to much metal.

I still have a lot of love for the genre and it's one of my musical first loves. I particularly liked King Diamond though I am still on a Rammstein kick. I will listen to anything of late, just trying to fling myself whole heartedly back into the joy of it. Also, hi my prince.
    I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
    I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Kunihiko Ikuhara "Ikuni"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2