This is bit of an odd film for me. Disney made some bold moves, some I love, others not so much. At least no one can say they did not take risks or call it a rehash of The Empire Strikes Back, not that people are not trying. Onto good things...

As per usual with Star Wars the film is gorgeous, one scene in particular that managed to blow my socks off is when a certain rebellion ship hyper drives through the Imperial battle cruiser, it was gorgeous and the sound, or lack thereof, made it that much better. I'm actually perfectly fine with who Rey parents are...

SPOILER!!:
I'm kinda relieved they're a bunch of nobodies. Her being Skywalker would have felt so lazy and somewhat even obvious, I'm glad they did not go down that path, not everything needs to be connected.

One thing that truly irked me about this film is Snoke himself...

SPOILER!!:
I wasn't even hoping he would be Darth Plagueis or some other iconic character, but there being little to nothing on him is somewhat disappointing. In the end he was just some random dude in the chair.

As for Luke, kind of mixed feelings here...

SPOILER!!:
I desperately wanted to see Luke kicking ass, showing Jedi powers in all of their glory. In the end we got just fraction of that. His death was weird to be honest because I felt it was odd, unnecessary even. Yoda's cameo genuiely made me smile, Yoda was just being Yoda.

Overall, I enjoyed the film. It's a good film, at times even great, if I had to give it a score I guess it would be 7.5/10