Thread: Six Feet Under

Boxer of the Galaxy Six Feet Under Rowan's Avatar

Six Feet Under

Has anyone seen this series? Someone lent it to me to watch but I'm a little hesistant to start a new show when I'm not entirely sure what the theme is. I've seen the general outline so I know its about a family that work at a funeral parlour and that its a drama, but thats not what I'm asking here. I'd like to know from someone who has seen the series, or enough of it to be able to tell me what the underlying themes are. I have no interest being depressed every episode if its about death and family bickering. What I am interested in however, is a show that can present characters and character progression without the use of vivid drug use, violence and sex.

What can I expect from this show?

Death is a common theme though it varies from character to character, Nate's story focuses on it the most where as David is more about accepting himself and has a lot of character development and it's rather interesting to see him in a different angle from what I am used to in Dexter especially in one of the later seasons. The mother is on the weird side and the daughter at first seems one of those kind of misunderstood kind of rebel types but she is more than that. The focus isn't really on family bickering though there are times especially with a certain women who is insane. It's well worth the watch, its up there with series like Breaking Bad and The Sopranos (also HBO) and I like how the handled the ending.