Thread: Sherlock

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Sherlock Xanatos's Avatar

Sherlock

So who's into BBC's Sherlock?

I first saw this show just as second season was about to end and it soon became my second favorite TV show of all time (the first spot is pretty much impossible to top). Honestly, I don't remember the last time a show made me smile this much, not laugh out loud, well, it does that, too, but make you have a weird grin on your face throughout entire episode. Recently everyone kept thinking on how they plan on spending new years eve and get wasted, and I was all like "3rd season of Sherlock starts on new year, I think that's far more important", that's how huge impact this show had on me.

Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman are simply superb (can't say I was overly familiar with their earlier work before this show), one could argue hardly anyone has ever played this duo better than these two, the chemistry between them and their interaction is incredible to say the least. Most credit however goes to Benedict for his awesome and entertaining portrayal of Sherlock, quite similar to that of Downey, but how diverse can you actually go with this role. The rest of the cast is surprisingly great as well. Humor is another thing I love about this show, it's frequent, but constantly strong. One thing I wasn't really fond of is Moriarty himself, better yet the way he is portrayed, while brilliant as always young lad with rather irritating voice is not what I was expecting.

I already saw season three, I am impressed that they managed to blow my mind so many times in the last episode alone, the ending in particular, and angry now that I have to wait quite some time for season four.

For those who wish to discuss Sherlock do keep those spoiler under check please.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I had to watch the first episode for a class assignment in class. Was awesome. I really like this show but sadly I don't like watching much TV.

But I do recommend this show for almost everyone.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen season 3 yet-been too busy watching Dexter I guess-but I plan to soon. Yeah, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman lift that show to excellence. It would still be good without them, but their performances and chemistry together are what really do it for me. They're both really good comedic actors, and they bounce off each other really well.

I will admit that a lot of times, I have to take a break about halfway through an episode, because they're so long. They're like movies.

EDIT: I just saw the season 3 opener. Good stuff.
    SPOILER!!:
    I liked how they never say how Sherlock staged his own death, but gave multiple fake scenarios. Tricky!
    Also, it didn't air here in the US until last night either. All the episodes are available to watch online on the PBS website though

Chief Inspiring Officer Sherlock Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been reading and re-reading the Sherlock Holmes books since I was a kid and I'm so psyched about this series. Finally they're doing something new, I.E., throwing the story into modern times, while keeping true to the original characters. (the movies with Robert Downy Jr. were just disappointing to a true fan, no matter how catchy the soundtrack.)

The season 2 finale was AWESOME!!!!

I'm totally into it! I've got the first season 3 episode recorded off KVIE and plan to watch it as soon as I locate the popcorn maker.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Gingersnap Sherlock OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just finished season 3 oh mah gaw. Don't let anyone spoil it! The last episode almost started to feel very un-Sherlock, based solely on my subjective "oh this show feels like THIS when I watch it" reactions. If that makes sense (nooope). But no worries. They won't let you down.

And now I have to wait forever to find out what happens next.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    I will admit that a lot of times, I have to take a break about halfway through an episode, because they're so long. They're like movies.
    Funny you should say that because I almost always think the opposite. I look up at my clock when there's about 20 minutes left and my thought is always: "..................really? It's almost over? Really? Where did the time go?" I think they are the perfect length.

I am also fine with three episodes per series given their mini-movie lengths. It really does cut out a lot of the filler episodes that other shows endure---stuff that they know won't work, but they need to meet a deadline, you know? With this show in particular, I can't name a truly bad episode. There are one (maybe two) that might seem sub-par when compared to the others, but nothing bad. Not to me, anyway.

I agree with OceanEyes28. The last episode didn't feel right. It didn't feel like it meshed with the rest of the series but it was bloody amazing, regardless. The waiting game begins. To any of you who finished series 3, I'd love to hear any of your theories as to where they might take it next---but via PM (to keep this thread as spoiler-free as possible). I have some insane theories of my own.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.