Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game of Thrones

Reading the first 3 books would help alot.

Registered User Game of Thrones Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I watched the first two seasons last year and then I started reading the books after I'd seen them. The books are great, pretty hefty reads, but awesome and definitely give you much more detail than the show (obviously) but quite a lot of the story lines differ from book to show. Then season 3 rolled around and I'd already read A Storm of Swords, so I'm not gonna lie, it kind of ruined season 3 for me a little bit. I still loved it, but it just meant that when they changed things from the book I got a little irritated. And I don't mean small things like, character names or appearances, I mean like big, plot-altering things.

So I guess if you don't mind stuff like that, then yeah go ahead and read the books. They're excellent reads and I'd definitely recommend them, but otherwise I'd say stick to one or the other.

I will finish the hunt Game of Thrones Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am caught up. Season 4 Episode 6 I believe. I love this series, but I am sad I didn't find out it was a book until recently. In fact I just got into the series this year just to see what the fuss was all about. So I intend on reading the books ASAP.

My favorite characters are: Daenyrus, Tyrion, and Brienne of Tarth.

One speech I shall never forget will be Tyrions. It was wonderful.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Consistently Average Game of Thrones Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tyrion's speech at the end was great, both him and Twyin did an amazing job in that scene.

I'm hoping the trial by combat will be as gripping as it was in the book (the episode hasn't aired here yet), although in the promos it looks like a few things have changed.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    So who watched 'The Viper and the Mountain', and what did you think of the outcome? How did you think the fight compared to the one in A Storm of Swords if you read it?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Boxer of the Galaxy Game of Thrones Rowan's Avatar
    Wow. I was still shocked even though some ass spoiled it for me. I'll replicate the scene to the next book boy that spoils something for me.

but it was awesome. A lot of people said they felt physically ill after watching it and I think I can understand why. The scene itself was shocking, but when it happens to a character like Oberyn who is generally quite likable as well as honourable, you just know that its going to end badly. The land of Westeros is a land in which there is NO justice. We do not need to look far to see countless examples of this, and in fact, I challenge anyone here to site an example of justice in game of thrones that has been displayed in the TV series thus far, I bet you cannot.

Blog Entries
    In a way Oberyn did get justice for his sistser by getting Clegane to admit that he killed and raped her in front of King's Landing and whoever came with him from Dorne.

Hopefully without becoming that bookboy ass, I can say that The Mountain admitting to those crimes will have repercussions further down the line, especially when Dorne starts to play a bigger part in the series. In the next season even.

But yeah that fight was brutal, even though I knew it was coming. My girlfriend had a pillow over her face and was going "ew ew ewww" for the whole scene. Luckily it drowned out the sound effects

Also someone posted this on a Song of Ice and Fire wiki that I browse whenever there's a new episode and I thought it was quite funny.

"In the promo we see that Gregor has a squire who gives him his sword. Maybe he'll chop his own squire in half for some reason or another. And if anyone could think of a reason to chop in half his own squire, it's Greg."
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 06-03-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

lol! well he did chop his own horse's head off originially as well. I still wouldn't call that particular display justice though, because everyone knew the mountain did what he did, and im sure he did not care to admit it either as well as the fact that oberyn died for this, im sure his sister would not have wanted that. But if it is as you say, and there are repercussions, then I think the long awaited justice we find in the land of westeros will be toward the end of the series

The Old Skool Warrior Game of Thrones LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The whole thing was just so delightfully gruesome. I knew it was coming (despite having not read this far in the books yet) simply because nothing ever goes right for Tyrion.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

How heartbreaking when Shae walked into the trial. You could tell Tyrion really loved her because it was her testimony that caused him to start the speech and effectively gamble his life away (considering he knew he could plead for mercy and be sent to the wall)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Game of Thrones Xanatos's Avatar
    You could say my mind was blown by this episode (pun intended). Seriously though, 9gag spoiled the overall outcome for me, that being said it was still unpleasant, I really liked Oberyn.

I also kinda felt sorry for Ser Jorah, but I'm sure he'll come back with a bang and win Khaleesi's trust back again.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3