Thread: Guilty Pleasure

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Guilty Pleasure Xanatos's Avatar

Red face Guilty Pleasure

Your guilty pleasure movies?

I'll start of with...

Daredevil

It's not a good movie by any means, I feel it's not that bad either, not nearly as bad as people shat on it anyways. It's a solid superhero flick, not the worst of its kind, I personally enjoyed it for what it's worth. I found Michael Clarke Duncan to be a great Kingpin. Director's cut is infinitely better and a definitive version to see, which isn't saying much.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Hackers
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Kill Bill
    Silent Hill
    Princess Mononoke
    How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days
    Finding Nemo
    Battle Royale

I have watched every single one of these movies more than 5x..

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    The Princess Bride
    They Live
    Waterworld
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Street Fighter: The Movie
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Death Before Dishonor Guilty Pleasure Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Covenant: Everyone I talked either didn't like this movie, or never heard of it. I found this movie to be absolutely amazing. I have watched it dozens of times.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Kill Bill
    Silent Hill
    Princess Mononoke
    How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days
    Finding Nemo
    Battle Royale

I have watched every single one of these movies more than 5x..
    How are half of these a guilty pleasure? Most are insanely popular, critically acclaimed, world wide beloved movies, and do not fall under guilty pleasure category by any means.

As far as I'm concern Silent Hill is by far the best video game based movie, not that it has a stiff competition. It's faithful to its source, great cast, great score, a good movie even on its own.

Kill Bill is the worst Terantino movie lol. That is a Guilty Pleasure.

Silent hill is a guilty pleasure.

wtf is Princess Mononoke? Probably guilty pleasure.

That chick flick? Guilty Pleasure.

Nemo? Popular

Battle Royal? It's popular because it's a cult classic. Guilty pleasure.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    How are half of these a guilty pleasure? Most are insanely popular, critically acclaimed, world wide beloved movies, and do not fall under guilty pleasure category by any means.
    omg *hyperventilates* Nooooo I dont think any of these are bad movies most are my favourite movies of all time, I just feel so damn guilty bout watching them all the friggin time. I should branch out, watch some of new ones. I just dont have the time to watch as many nowadays.. But there is one I left out - Advent Children Complete of course that extra Sephiroth screen time makes it worthwhile mhmm..

As far as I'm concern Silent Hill is by far the best video game based movie, not that it has a stiff competition. It's faithful to its source, great cast, great score, a good movie even on its own.

Also for the Silent Hill movie. I loved how both movies did a good job. Silent Hill: Revelations did a pretty good job even though some of it was not done right.
    SPOILER!!:
    and I love how they referenced Origins and Downpour at the end of the movie hinting a possible sequel of Origins or Downpour but I'm leaning towards Downpour oooooooooooooooooooooooooor it goes with Travis into Homecoming for Alex Shepherd.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Kill Bill is the worst Terantino movie lol. That is a Guilty Pleasure.

Silent hill is a guilty pleasure.

wtf is Princess Mononoke? Probably guilty pleasure.

That chick flick? Guilty Pleasure.

Nemo? Popular

Battle Royal? It's popular because it's a cult classic. Guilty pleasure.
    Seriously loaf, you should troll less.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    omg *hyperventilates* Nooooo I dont think any of these are bad movies most are my favourite movies of all time, I just feel so damn guilty bout watching them all the friggin time. I should branch out, watch some of new ones. I just dont have the time to watch as many nowadays.. But there is one I left out - Advent Children Complete of course that extra Sephiroth screen time makes it worthwhile mhmm..
    That's no reason to feel guilty, movies like Princess Mononoke, Battle Royale and Nemo should be seen numerous times.

I'm sorry my opinions is trolling to you.

Should I call you a troll for your opinion on your guilty pleasure? Since you know, I don't think Daredevil is one.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    That's no reason to feel guilty, movies like Princess Mononoke, Battle Royale and Nemo should be seen numerous times.

Oh Loaf u havent seen Princess Mononoke?! THE BEST Studio Ghibli movie ever. Its the most powerful and thought provoking of all Hayao Miyazaki films. It also communicates a message very differently since it has much darker overtones than his other lighthearted films. While they may be enjoyable and powerful in their own way they can never be compared to the stature of this film. I hold this one higher than the quality of Spirited Away. Which imo is the most overrated Miyazaki/anime film. This is the one film that Miyazaki completed perfectly because it gave you that feeling that it couldn't get any better. The film has themes that as Ive gotten older enjoy immensely. The fascination I have with this film stems from the many groups that are at conflict with one another and how no one is truly the evildoer. We have nature battling with human civilisation while within itself there are humans trying to topple each other. The story revolves around how self-destructive we are as human beings and how we haven't realised we are innate in nature like with my FFVII. The movie gives us parallels of the battles that the humans face with each other while still all congregating together for that one perceived enemy in the film, nature. The message in this film is extremely profound. I feel every single human being needs to watch this movie and understand it.

tldr: h/3371638

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I'm sorry my opinions is trolling to you.
    Well, yes, the way you wrote it is nothing short of trolling even if it's not intended as one. Assuming Princess Mononoke is a guilty pleasure just because you yourself never heard of it. Perhaps in your opinion but Kill Bill is statistically nowhere near Tarantino's worst film, it's hard to believe anyone prefers Death Proof over Kill Bill, but hey, to each its own. And don't get me started on Nemo and Battle Royale, even if these movies were not popular they are still critically acclaimed films, great in eyes of majority, ergo not a guilty pleasure movies by any means.

Should I call you a troll for your opinion on your guilty pleasure? Since you know, I don't think Daredevil is one.
    By what logic is Daredevil not a guilty pleasure, in anyone's opinion for that matter?

Princess Mononoke is Miyazaki's finest work IMO also, however I'm ashamed to say i still haven't seen spirited away, not really ashamed, its a thing i do sometimes, where i save things i know that will be amazing for a time i need them the most. I guess kinda like William Adama in BSG who when talking to the president about books, reveals he doesnt finish reading books he loves as he doesn't want the story to end.

I am in recovery from a pretty bad injury, so i may just crack it open while im off sick from work this coming week

But guilty pleasures.. hmmmm, flicks that stand out would be..

The Grey
    Jay and silent bob strike back (I've watched this over 20 times with a friend, a stoner thing, we still do quote the shit out of this movie whenever we're together)
    The Faculty
    Hellboy 1+2
    Pontypool
    The host (Gwoemul)
    Stand by me
    Bubba ho-tep

I could go on, but felt i should stop here, i have watched the above numerous times, i love movies!

Bad Boys II
    White Chicks

is all i can think of right now.

I invented Go-Gurt. Guilty Pleasure Clint's Avatar
    Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie. It's not a good movie by any means, but I have nostalgia for it because of how much I liked it as a kid. I re-watched it last year, and it just had the cheesiest story and dialogue I've ever seen.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze and Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles III. The first Ninja Turtles movie was great. It was gritty, mature, and it felt like it had a lot of things going for it. The second and third movies felt a bit more juvenile.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture I thought was horrible the first time I watched it, and although it isn't a great movie, and although it feels like a drawn-out ordinary episode of the Original Series, it's grown on me. It's not as bad as I originally thought it was, and it's a hell of a lot better than that piece of shit Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. That movie just sucks.

Those are the only ones I can think of.

Registered User Guilty Pleasure
    I don't generally feel guilty even about films I know are bad. Pervert, the Toxic Avenger series(specifically 4), Taintlight, and other such B movies have been fun back when Netflix still supported parties. Rubber was also great but felt I could respect it a bit more and had a message my friends seemed to miss entirely.

One movie I didn't enjoy recently was the first Austin Powers. Been maybe a decade since I last watched it so it was a bit jarring. Not bad but not as good as I recall. Then again I recall liking 2 and 3 more anyway, so I still may like those when I get around to rewatching them. One part that has held up at least has been the music.

I have to second some of your choices, primarily Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, White Chicks, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Aside tons of cheesy and borderline hilarious 80's and 90's action movies ones that come to my mind right now are National Treasure movies. One could say it's just another Indie rip-off and wouldn't be far off to be honest, plus Nicolas Cage. Nevertheless, I found them to be highly entertaining, I'm rather weak when it comes to adventure/mystery movies, hell, I even enjoyed The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Boxer of the Galaxy Guilty Pleasure Rowan's Avatar

My guilty pleasure movies are probably Just Married and the Sex & The City movies