Thread: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT

The Strongest Fusion Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT Gogeta's Avatar

Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT

A very popular anime, most likely the first anime that almost anyone has seen (EDIT!!! My first anime was Bleach) or the most memorable. Starting with the main character as Goku, a child, who was confused about where he came from and curious about everything, then growing to be one of the most badass anime heros of all time, being able to go "Super Saiyan 1, 2 and 3"! Also because of hardcore research, the ideal good guy for any anime, seeing as how (through some research) others wanted a main character to be just like Goku, just a total badass who can F**k shit up. Then in GT (If you haven't seen GT I am sorry for spoiling this) he gets wished back into a kid by that stupid idiot Pilaf (Yes, Emperor Pilaf from the original Dragon Ball!), but he still has the powers of the Super Saiyan!

In my opinion, this is a very badass anime series (Personally my favorite ever!) and I would like to see what you guys think about this series and who your guys's favorite character is for each side (IE Goku for good and Cell for bad [My favorite characters]) And these can include the people from the movies!
    Last edited by Gogeta; 02-22-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Final Fantasy games played:1,2,3,6,7,9,10,12,13
    Final Fantasy games beaten:7,10,13

I really didnt get too much into 1-3, I got about halfway through 6, didnt play 9 that much, and played 12 at a friends house.

Blog Entries

Re: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT

My first anime was Robotech

The first thing I ever saw from this series was some kinda Dragon Ball movie, back in like '95. It was just on one morning, and I was like, "okay." Didn't see anything else from it until like '97; a local channel was airing DBZ from the start of the Namek Saga up until like the episode right before Goku arrives on Namek. And then it would start over again. I don't know if they aired the Saiyan Saga before this or not. Anyhoo, then I saw the rest of the series on Cartoon Network. Or parts of it, anyway; the filler was always kinda annoying. However, the series did have some pretty cool moments in it, like Goku going Super Saiyan for the first time, or Gohan kicking Cell's ass at the Cell games. I'd like to watch Dragon Ball Kai, maybe, because that's supposed to have cut all the filler out. Never watched much of GT, though I did watch parts of the original DB series. I have watched every episode of DBZ Abridged, however. Hey, episode 21 is out!

My favorite characters are Krillin, Future Trunks, and Master Roshi. Really hard choice between those three, although I think Krillin wins out, because he's the easiest character to relate to for me. While Future Trunks is a bad ass who isn't the main character and isn't an asshole, and Master Roshi is a dirty old man, and dirty old men are ALWAYS awesome. My favorite villain is Nappa. Maybe mostly because of DBZ Abridged. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yea kinda similar to telegraph.... my dad rented the movie probably about the very beginning and that was back in like 95-7 and never say anything about it again till a few years later.. was instantly hooked... then noticed there was a tv series dragon ball and i hated it because it came on only once a week and when it did it was a 30 minute show but with all the damn commercials plus the intro plus the ending, it was more like only 12 minutes of the actually show. lol that sucked but i stopped at the dbz series prolly seen all of it but non ove the GT... one day ill jus blow money and buy the episodes and watch'em i heard it got better... idk but it looks more intense

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT Xanatos's Avatar

My first anime was Captain Tsubasa, which was aired along with original Dragonball series when I was five, six years old. Due to humor, and excellent fighting scenes I found first Dragonball to be rather amusing, still do actually. Quite a long time passed after fever known as Dragonball Z when I decided to continue where I left, thus falling under Dragonball hype once more. For one period of time Dragonball Z was my favorite anime, though it crashed quite a few places down the list I'm afraid. Dragonball GT on the other hand left a sour taste in my mouth, far from end I expected. Same can be said for majority of movies, good ones are rare, and few.

Future Trunks would be my favorite character, due to his back story, appearance, and personality. I'm also fond of Oolong. As for my favorite villain, that title goes to Vegeta, despite being villain for a short notice. Cell on the other hand has one of my favorite music pieces, though the version I have went through some changes. German version of Dragonball Z has one of the best intros I've seen, music is simply fantastic.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I think on it, Drgaon Ball Z might have actually been my first anime. I remember that back in the day, I thought it was cool because I was just starting to get into anime, but unfortuately, I was like 5 or so. My mom thought the show was too impressionall and violent and wouldn't let me watch it.

I can recall the olden days of sneaking upstairs and watching Raditz get ownd and thinking "Wow, they can actually show a guy get shot through the chest on tv?!"

I love DBZ and DB, I still watch Dragon Ball Z Kai today just to reminece but I never really got into GT. It just wasn't as cool to me.
    I liked the sayin saga the most and the original Dragon Ball because it seemed more evened out. Now it's like some guy comes along who can nuke a planet in one attack and only goku or vageta(or both ) can stop him. Back in the day there was alot more fighting from characters like Yamcha and Tien and even Yajarobi.

Great show though...

Dragonball Z was the first Anime I decided to watch, I'd seen others before like sailor moon but couldn't get through an entire episode.

My top 3 good characters are: Trunks (Future only!), Vegeta and Goten
    Top 3 bad/Evil Characters are: Cell, 17, and Baby (with the deep non-gremlin Blue Water voice)
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Banned Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT IdiotWithHair's Avatar

I think the best part was when Krillin thought that Vegeta had hemorrhagic problems or something. Or maybe the part where he threw a rock at Goku's head while Goku was asleep because he thought Goku would dodge it. Or the part where the fish jumps.

Death Before Dishonor Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first anime was Gundam Wing, and it has been my favorite anime since. I do believe that DBZ was the second I watched, and I only started watching it because it came on around the same time as Gundam.

My favorite DBZ character is Pikon. What a bad ass.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Queen Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT Crescent's Avatar

Dragonball Z. Without a doubt my favourite anime of all time. I have it on my laptop and watch it regularly. Its up there with my neverending love for FFVII. DBGT is nowhere near as awesome as DBZ. Amongst other things, its ruined with that annoying lil shit Pan. My favourite characters are Goku, Vegeta and future Trunks*drool* oh n Yajirobi is pretty funny side character " Hey guys where not running a bean factory here "loool..Fave villain would have to be Perfect Cell. I think Frieza's a waay better villain but Perfect Cell gets the one-up cause he ticks the sexy box. The scene where Hercule charges at him then smacks him away cracks me up everytime. Along with FF music I have the Perfect Cell theme song on replay. Though funny thing is that everything and anything made by the Japanese I always watch/play/read it in Japanese EXCEPT for Dragonball Z. It continues to be the one and only exception to that rule. I find English Dub completely insulting and downright cringeworthy BUT sometimes the English do use better voices for eg Genesis sounds sexier uhI mean better in English... But yehh DBZ still rules to this day

Registered User Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT NeoAquarius12's Avatar

DBZ was the first anime I ever saw, but I didn't like it when I was very young. I ws into Sailor Moon as a kid. It was intense, and I discovered my sexuality through that show. Never underestimate those transformation sequences. They help you learn... a lot.

Anyway... regarding DB, DBZ, and DBGT. I am a fan of the whole thing. I was obsessed for a long time, even going as far as creating a futuristic version of the series where the main character discovers the lost art of battling using ki when everyone else is dependent on technology.

I am a fan of DBGT because the battles are less cluttered and more epic. Sure, the story struggles a little and it ends kind of abruptly without ever really going where it wanted to (the dark star dragon balls), BUT Super Saiyan 4 transformations were super intense. The additional characters were unique. The whole thing was better drawn. and the Bebi-Vegeta/ SS4 Goku battle was probably one of the best ever created.

Registered User Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAquarius12 View Post
    It was intense, and I discovered my sexuality through that show. Never underestimate those transformation sequences..
    what does this mean.. "You cant just speed pass that like u didn't just say what you just said.." -kevin hart

Im a fan of db and dbz, but i know nothing about gt.. i can say that i always knew i was a motherf***er and had non to do with the show..

Registered User Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT NeoAquarius12's Avatar

LMAO. Thanks for the quote I guess? I just mean that I was a 10 year old boy watching teenage girls transform from nude to super in a matter of seconds, and it just made me want it. I had such a crush, and it opened me up to a lot of weird stuff. But it was all for the best I'd say. =D

Chief Inspiring Officer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, an Dragon Ball GT Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sailor moon was my first, but soon after that, I immediately fell in love with Dragonball and was quickly delighted and excited about DBZ. I Just had to have the next episode (input next number), then, I just had to have the collectible cards! In retrospect, I guess I kinda got addicted?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html