Thread: Any video editors out there?

Registered User Any video editors out there? streaml1ned's Avatar

Any video editors out there?

I don't consider myself a professional editor by any means. I took maybe... 8 film classes in college and I like to dabble in editing every so often. Recently I jumped back in face first, looking to do some machinima. Here's one video I did back in college. It's lame, I know:

Currently, I use Adobe Premiere CS6 and After Effects CS4 as my primary editing suite. Photoshop CS4 if I really need it for anything else. Here are a few resources that I use:

Video Copilot
    FreddieW (The early stuff. Some of the new stuff too)
    Terry White

For the editors out there, what sort of programs do you use? Any samples of your work? Have you found any great resources (tutorials,templates,etc.) that you want to share?

The Quiet One Any video editors out there? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You took more film classes than I did in college. I had one editing class, one audio editing class and one compositing class. But I do enjoy editing video. Probably goes along with all of my hobby pursuits since I like being creative. I learned on Premiere and After Effects like you. I'm currently using CS2 versions of them, ancient stuff I know. But it still works well.

I recently, as in two years ago, picked it back up again. Most of the work I do is pretty simple edits and audio timing. Nothing crazy, but I feel simple is some times better than throwing it the sink.

This was when I started up doing some Let's Plays. This was the second trailer I cut together and it turned out better than the first one since I record without audio and then cut in music and voice over top giving me a lot more control. I had to go back through the game can record the voices without the music or effects, making it a time consuming effort for only a short video.

I put together a title bump as well that blends into the Let's Plays. Due to HDD space, I couldn't keep the video quality as high I would have liked. I was destroying my size so fast.

And one I cut together for TFF here. Did you know we have a youtube channel? Yeah, we do. I've been pretty bad about keeping the content up. I also made the TFF crystal icon animated through some photoshopping and Premiere effects. I do wonder if I made it too subtle, since the animation plays pretty slowly over time. I'd prefer to make a 3D crystal and just have it rotate and animate. But that was like an hour or two messing around.

Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Any video editors out there? streaml1ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I'm currently using CS2 versions of them, ancient stuff I know. But it still works well.
    Hey man, whatever works right. The CS2 suite is still a relevant program for video editing. If it gets the job done then dammit, it's still useful!

I recently, as in two years ago, picked it back up again. Most of the work I do is pretty simple edits and audio timing. Nothing crazy, but I feel simple is some times better than throwing it the sink.
    Most of my edits are too. The simpler, the better. I like movies that have a linear edit path. It's straightforward and to the point. Not that Michael Bay shit that has jump cuts all over the place.

I put together a title bump as well that blends into the Let's Plays. Due to HDD space, I couldn't keep the video quality as high I would have liked. I was destroying my size so fast.
    Editing videos @ 1080P can definately eat away HDD space. Even at 720P! Do you do most of your edits on your C drive? If so, think about purchasing a bigger, secondary HDD (if you have a desktop) and using that for editing and file storage.

And one I cut together for TFF here. Did you know we have a youtube channel? Yeah, we do. I've been pretty bad about keeping the content up. I also made the TFF crystal icon animated through some photoshopping and Premiere effects. I do wonder if I made it too subtle, since the animation plays pretty slowly over time. I'd prefer to make a 3D crystal and just have it rotate and animate. But that was like an hour or two messing around.
    I didnt know TFF had a Youtube channel. About the video though. I'm going to be honest. I didn't notice that the crystal was animated until you said something. Like you said, a 3D crystal is probably the way to go. Have it rotate and pulsate too. That will definitely stand out!