I'll get this out of the way now, don't read anything in this thread if you don't want to be spoiled and haven't finished the story through 2.55. You've been warned.

And now, wow that was a nuts ending. I want to everyone's thoughts. But Nanamo's death was foreshadowed and pretty expected, though it was still possible to avoid. People wondered if they would really be so bold as to kill one of the leaders, especially since she is mentioned in a side quest. But they did it. And the train didn't stop there. Warrior of Light branded a traitor and fugitive on the run, going to Ishgard makes even more sense now and the dragons just make things really convenient.

And then Raubahn, I didn't see him going insane and just murdering people on the spot, but giving what happened it shouldn't be a surprise. Just cut that man in half and then lost his arm. That permanent too, unlike some of the other things they can talk their way out of, he's got no arm anymore. He still fought insanely even with only one arm.

And then all of the Scions go out in a blaze of glory protecting the Warrior of Light. All their death's I'm a little questioning. I'd preferred to think that they are bold enough to just do it and not back peddle come Heavensward and they all managed to escape. But I'm inclined to believe that they're all still alive just because it is so cliche to cliffhang on everyone sacrificing themselves, but they all live. Still it was amazing to watch and I sort of feel like they used that time cleverly to tease lv50+ job skills for MNK, BLM and WHM.

And then picked up by the man on the chocobo cart, for anyone doing the Ul'dah storyline from the start it is so perfect to come back to that. You arrived in the game like that and leave 2.0 like that as well.

Then the surprises don't stop with Urianger apparently working for the Ascians now. So of wonder if that is just a thing of him trying to get into their inner circle and bring them down after what happened to Moen or if he actually is just working for them all this time.

Just one jawdropping moment after the next tonight. They really went out on this with a bang. I can't wait for Heavensward now.

Thoughts? Speculation?