Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing

The Quiet One A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on the private chambers, Che! With luck we'll be getting to that point in time.

The current estimate I have on our bank both in and withheld, is around 15-16 million. I'm keeping the gil out from the maps we have on sale because the price dropped immediately the day after we got them and put them up. Something I expected to happen. So with undercutting in full extreme swing, I don't know where the price will stop and when someone will buy one. For now, the maps are speculative gil we don't have yet. Depending on the prices that they stabilize out to, because frankly, a million gil was nuts to begin with, I think that'll impact whether we keep them and just run them for more loot or sell them.

Given where the housing in ward 6 will be in a few weeks time, we're getting close to that 50% mark on our house.

I've already run 4 sets of SB gear and got about 600-700k from it so far. So progress on that. It's time from week two of the nagging. I tried all last week to get things out of people, but nothing. No one is still actually willing to sit down and do it with me. I even talk in numbers, hard numbers what we'll make. It is a certainty at this point you will make 100k that goes to the house. And it has the potential to go higher. So Loco, what is this week looking like?

And Fluffy, you like it when I'm harsh and rough huh? ;p
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Let's just say I like that kind of person.

So, this is kind of unrelated to progress on housing, yet still related! Did a Syrcus Tower just a while ago and got my Scylla Robe of Healing. Then at the end, the fourth chest appeared. I won the lot on both Wind-Up Onion Knight and Throne Gem! Sadly, the Onion Knight can't be sold. But I'm trying to sell the gem for 2 million. I hope it goes through!

My friend and I are up to 16 million gil. Just need about 20 million more. I really hope nobody buys the house before I can. I need to get back to making gil. This past week has been focused on clearing content, like the story and EX primals. Still, I managed to acquire about 3-4m in that time. When I actually focus on making gil I can quite easily make about 1m in a day, with just a few hours of effort. Later on this will be more, maybe another week.

Also, I'm not sure if I want to say this, but I may finally get around to slowly raising a character on your server. We'll see.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've run Syrcus a couple of times, no drops. I don't have that sort of luck. I think I've only seen the Opo-Opo drop once, I think. Making money is not easy. I've been doing what I can, but what are you doing to be bringing a million in a day? I'm hoping that we have enough time to get the rest of our money and still buy the plot we want.

It'll be great to see you around Ultros if you decide to pop on. We're still very active.

And I'll keep that in mind for you, Fluffy. ;p

My Throne Gem just sold, so now I'm up 1.9 million. ^^

I will tell you some of the basics of how I make my gil. It's not secret information or anything, but I will tell you in private.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you do about what I've been doing. Though I guess I've only been doing spiritbonding for like an hour or so. If that a lot of what you're doing, then that would make sense. If I made more sets I'd definitely be able to make more. Though I've had poor luck on my converting into tier 4 materia. I've done 28 conversions and only one tier 4, everything else was tier 3. It is still 20k a piece, but the tier for one was 220k. I want a few more of those.

Hoping our maps sell for something. Because that'll be a nice chunk.

Blog Entries
    Another update on our housing efforts. Looks like the wards 1-5 have stopped dropping. I'm going to keep an eye on them for a little while longer, but it seems that they only fell to 34.7 million on the cheapest which is going to match the new ward 6 prices. If it doesn't move anymore the prices we see now in the other wards are what we can expect.

On the actual funding part, we're up to about 23-24 million total. I have look around at other members and see if they have anything to offer. Because we're now about 10 million away from our house, plus the cost of buying the house. So we're getting very close being around 70% of the way there now I think. I'm expecting to be finally moving into our house in the next few weeks. So keep donating, we're making significant progress now!

Whoa, really? The other wards also dropped? I didn't even notice. I'll check it out tomorrow, but that's great news. Means I don't have to worry. There are plenty of houses available.

You're ahead of us! I have about 15.5 and my friend has 6.1 last I heard. I do have about 2m worth of materia on me, but a lot of it will probably go to melding my WVR so I can finally start crafting to make more gil. I should be doing that tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I didn't think the old wards were going to drop, but they did. Since it's supposed to be a month before the full drop it's going to be another two weeks before the ward 6 are the same price. I'm guessing that we won't see anymore drops on the old wards for a while. Though I had to wonder how it is going to work out for personal housing. It's supposed to be cheaper than FC housing, but will there be two housing price models or just personal wards and FC wards. I hope they answer that. But when they add personal housing they're going to need to double or triple the number of wards in the game because that won't be enough.

I looking forward to doing more spiritbonding this week and weekend for more money. It's pretty excite how close we're getting to actually having the house now. Can nearly taste it.

Blog Entries
    Alright, message going out to you Loco! Need you be on tomorrow, Moira has been waiting all week to do maps. They'll be on in the afternoon. Don't know about evening when we normally run them. So let me know if you can make it along with Ealk. We've all got a ton of maps stockpiled at this point. So this has a change to be a big haul.

Blog Entries
    Well I have to post about this. We ran a bunch of maps tonight and came into a windfall of gil. The maps yielded 2 bluebird minions and 4 hidden maps. By current MB prices we made over 5 million gil! If it all sells for that we'll have only 5 million gil left to go before we can buy a house.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is freaking amazing! Congrats. We got a bluebird a few weeks ago, but since then maps have gone up 10k in price. Now sitting between 33k-45k per peisteskin. And the drops have been completely terrible. When 2.3 first came out, we got like 4 unhidden maps in like 10 maps. Really hurting my wallet now. :/

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    Yeah we have some similar cases the first week 2.3 came out our run of like 15 maps or something netted us 3 hidden maps. After that we had a cool period with none and then this week. But we just gather our maps over the week and run them all on the weekend. So we aren't buying maps. It's all profit. But yeah, the prices of the maps have gone up the last few weeks. It makes it more appealing to sell them, but with the chance at the hidden maps to sell. They are still worth holding on to.

The Old Skool Warrior A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So. Close.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Yup, just need to pull together the last little bit from everyone and we'll have ourselves a house! It's pretty exciting news. Once we have the money I'll put in an announcement on the message to pick a day and time so that we're all present for it.

Wow, nice. So you guys will finally be getting it? Pics!

I've fallen behind on mine. I've been spending tons of gil. Maxed GSM, CUL, and WVR (Artisan, not Supra). And I just reached 100 GSM desynth last night. On the bright side, all of those things mean I can now bring in gil faster than before. Currently sitting somewhere around 23-25m. Should only be a few days now.

Some bad news though... there's only one ward left. I hope we can get it in time.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I mostly just need my stupid bluebird to sell and we'll be good to go. It's been a pain since I've been competing with different people on it. So I've restored to just making a PF trying to sell it, since I've seen others do that before for high valued items.

Land Acquired!

Sadly I didn't take a screenshot of the moment. But it's done. We have purchased Plot 13 in Ward 6 of The Goblet. 36,890,000 gil. That took quite a lot for mostly two people to get. (I borrowed 1m, and got 500k contribution from a third person)

Now need 3 million gil for the building permit, but no more worrying about someone beating me to it!

No pics because an empty plot of land is boring.

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the plot! We're still not at the value that we need. And knowing that it's 3 million more for the house means that we're further away than I thought. I thought the house was under a million. So definitely not getting the house this weekend. Still need that stupid bird to sell no one is buying it anymore.

Yeah I had no idea it was 3 million for the house. I thought it would be 1m. Ah well, easy enough, if only my stuff would sell. Was rather stressful needing 3 million gil to reach the goal yesterday, and nothing was selling! I even started shouting trying to sell things at about 33% off, and no buyers. Thankfully, I made the gil without having to sell those expensive items. So if I can just sell them now, I'm set.

Blog Entries
    Hey, getting the plot is important though, I'd say we do that as soon as possible!

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, though there is a time limit on how long the lot can remain empty before it reverts and you lose all that money. I believe it is 30 days. So there is that to be mindful of as well.

Also, I'm calling a meeting of the FC on Sunday for us to discuss which location we're going to get since we are close to getting enough money for one of them. I never heard from anyone in game from message on what they wanted so this is going to be people's last chance to do so. It's 5pm CST time. So pass it around Loco when you're on.

Blog Entries
    Oh, everyone I talked to said Gridania except for one person wanting Limsa and you wanting Ul'dah.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    And everyone I talked today wanted Limsa except for me. So since there is a divide and I want to be sure everyone has a fair chance to talk this out. We're having a meeting on this. I think it is only fair, because clearly there is going to be that won't be happy with the selection. We have to compromise.

I say gridania, but for meeting, please after 6......I have to work.....

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gridania kinda...sucks. Especially if you are a Gridania fan (which I kinda am, would prob live there irl). Lavender beds is no where near as foresty as Gridania is. It's like this big circle, with forest AROUND it, and a really shitty layout. There's like no trees, there's one waterfall, which you can get in Uldah as well, with a much better environment. The Oasis thing is really great. I understand some people love the beach (I would spend everyday at the beach if I could), so I can understand Mist, but I'm definitely biased towards Uldah.

Just my worthless input because I am not a part of your decision. But everytime I visit a friend in Lavender beds I feel bad for them that they picked it.

Also, Personal Housing comes out not 2.35 but maybe 2.38 patch?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    I'll do what I can Ealk, but the later we go the harder it is for Aerif and any other European member we have, which I'm afraid I don't remember how many we have. I think we do have a few those. So I want this to be open to as many as possible. If it isn't pushed back it'll probably still be around discussing things I'm going to guess. If not, just me know the order in which you want them, Lavender first of course, but Mist or Goblet next?

Built our mansion earlier today. Will put pics up soon. It's of course super empty right now... but shouldn't be too long before we get it fixed up. First thing is to get the garden started.

Okay here are some pics. Nothing special, though. I'll get some better ones later.

http://i.imgur.com/ITvPa0M.png

http://i.imgur.com/Qt20Lvn.png
    Last edited by Fluffy; 08-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Gridania was my fav, yet I felt SE gave less ****s about it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    It finally happened! We bought our house tonight. It is in the Lavender Beds. We still have a long way to go on furnishing the whole thing, but people are very excited for it. This is the exterior of the house.

Here we're enjoying one of the couches.

And here Loco and I are enjoying a relaxing time in the hot tub. The basement is decorated with moogle wall paper and grass flooring. So it has a playful and open feel right now.

Blog Entries
    You have to have a swimsuit for a hot tub party. It's only logical.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast