Thread: Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns

The Quiet One Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns

As all of the main cast of FFXIII has been confirmed to be appearing in some form in Lightning Returns, if anyone else from FFXIII is returning the list starts to narrow on likely candidates. Dengeki Playstation reported today that Cid Raines, the General of the Cocoon fleet the cast fought once and became a puppet of the fal'Cie would be appearing in Lightning Returns. The details on how he will be appearing and significance for the plot is not clear yet.

Source: An Important NPC From Final Fantasy XIII Surprisingly Returns For Lightning Returns - Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns-fflr-logo-jpg 
    Last edited by Andromeda; 11-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Certified tech, come at me! Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am actually quite surprised on Cid coming back considering what had happened two XIII's ago. When I think about it, it makes sense on how he is able to return when I think about that specific plot point in FFXIII. Not going to go into detail because of spoilers, but anyway, its nice to see him coming back.
    Currently Playing:

The Quiet One Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's a FF game without Cid, I guess. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Cid. But I guess if we use what happened in XIII-2 then it is possible that you're right on how he is in the game.

Certified tech, come at me! Surprise Returning Character from FFXIII to Appear in Lightning Returns SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was actually referring to the events in the first FFXIII game. I don't know what has transpired in XIII-2 to support his return, but I suppose I'll have to play through that game and find it out.
    Currently Playing:

It makes sense to me since what happens at the end of XIII it could happen to Raines as well I find.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    It's been a while since I played FFXIII. I can't clearly remember what fate Cid had. I remember his hold talk with his second in command and becoming figure head of Cocoon, but seemed to be some uncertainty I think on what happened to him.