Thread: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer

The Quiet One Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer

The first trailer likely meant for the Jump Fiesta has been accidentally released early. Which means that youtube already has it while it has been pulled from other places. So the trailer is likely to be pulled from various youtube places in time.

The areas of the environment show off what they had concept art of before. Though it looks like interaction with the game is still very similar to past games. So it has not shifted as significantly as some might have feared with their announcement of the game. Lightning in several scenes is shown with different equipment, a shield and a longsword. But her clothes remained unchanged, they may not be wanting to show it off.

The combat looks like it is modification of the same combat system from FFXIII and FFXIII-2. Though there seems to no longer be sections of bars that need to be filled. Actions do consume an action bar like in past games and different actions consume different amounts. There was an additional stat present, but it is not clear what it controls. It also looks like there is no longer a menu to go through the different actions. It seems you have only 4 actions per paradigm, you may be able to swap out the actions in the paradigm.

Hope narrates most of the trailer confirming in some respect that he is going to be present in the game, as previously stated. Though Lightning is only ever seen in the trailer. She mentions finally having awoken from her sleep, making reference to the events of FFXIII-2. The fate of everyone else is unknown. There seems to be a religious aspect to the game if Hope's narration is anything to take away from the game. But details on the story is still slim.

Source: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer Shows Off World, Battles | Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer-fflr-logo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I want to play a game. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer Zargabaath's Avatar
    It will be weird if Lightning is the only controllable character. Understandable being about her return. Still a rpg with one character will be alien. The game seems to mix action type games w/ rpgs even more.

Once more with 13 days before the world us going to end. I wonder if Caius will be present or if they'll finish the story. And perhaps finally show the god Bhunivelze or Lindzei & Pulse. The story won't go where I would like it to, leaving dissappointed onve more in FF XIII's universe.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Quiet One Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It'll definitely be a little weird, but other Action RPGs do have limited numbers of playable characters. It is certainly uncharacteristic for a FF game, but we'll get to used to it.

I suspect that we'll get some answers. Probably not everything, but I think we'll get more than you figure. It should be the final game in the FFXIII series I think, Versus notwithstanding of course. So they can't really leave us with too many unanswered questions.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    First Trailer Released Today By Machinima: Final Fantasy XIII -- The Final Journey of Lightning [HD] - YouTube

Hope You Enjoy It

*Edit: This One Is New And Official From Machinima, So You Can See It Now. The One That Andromeda Posted Got Pulled, So I Thought I Would Help Out.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I figured it would happen eventually. I tried to find an official video from Square Enix's channel, but nothing. So at least for now I edited the post to have the working video in there. The audio seems a little clearer than the last time.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII First Trailer Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Thanks, I figured it would happen eventually. I tried to find an official video from Square Enix's channel, but nothing. So at least for now I edited the post to have the working video in there. The audio seems a little clearer than the last time.
    Glad I Could Be Of Assistance I Was So Pumped When I Saw This Not Too Long Ago. It Looks Awesome Right Now As Is, But I Would Definitely Like To See More. I Cannot Wait To Play The Crap Out Of This Thing...Hehehe ^_^

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. They always end up doing something different. And this one is going to be very different. So I'm up for something new from them. Still think they should have just stuck with FFXIII-3, no sense in breaking with patterns at this point.