Thread: First Tidbits on FFXIII-2

The Quiet One First Tidbits on FFXIII-2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First Tidbits on FFXIII-2

Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama, the Producer and Director from FFXIII-2 have revealed some new information about the game, which had been pretty vague until this point.

Lightning is the story's backbone, she will appear in the game at some point and become playable
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be story driven, but players can actively trigger side quests and events, explore new areas as the story progresses. There will be many choices for the players
    New character Noel will have very different personality from Snow, but his background cannot be revealed yet
    A new feature added to the battle system to allow you to capture monsters and use them in battle. You can assign paradigm to monsters and group them together in different ways. Each type of monster has specific roles
    Players can start playing FFXIII-2 without knowing the story in FFXIII
    You can continue to play the game after the main story is completed. The team is looking to offer player a different form of repeat play
    FFXIII-2 will have multiple endings, it is a first in the main series. Unlike FFX-2, FFXIII-2 is a direct sequel to FFXIII, not a side story / gaiden like FFX-2. Since both XIII and XIII-2 share similar world setting and battle system, the team would want to offer new elements in the gameplay area.
    In the E3 trailer you can find Lightning battles against Chaos Bahamut with her Odin summon. Toriyama said there are multiple Bahamuts, the Chaos Bahamut is a slightly different existence from a summon.
    Serah does not have her own summon, instead she can summon monsters to join her in battles
    You can find hidden / secret side quests and missions by speaking with certain NPC, or choosing different options when you speak to them
    Mog is Serah's friend, he can help the team uncover hidden treasures, and he can also transform into bow and arrow or sword
    Players can jump freely in the field, you can reach hidden treasure and hidden paths
    Noel's two weapons can combine into a spear
    Another new character called Alyssa will be playable, she is the character with blonde hair
    The image poster with both Lightning and Serah is a surrealism poster reflecting the darker story in FFXIII-2
    Development of the game is very smooth, the game shouldn't be delayed in Japan
    It is just pieces, but the source looks to be Japanese, so I'm guessing that they were just translating and phrasing things as best as they could. But it does certainly start painting a new and interesting picture for what is the sequel of FFXIII, game that has been very polarizing for people.

I guess an interesting note is that they consider FFX-2 a sequel, but a Gaiden, a side story. Which considering the story told, I guess that would be a fair point. But the general public and the way that they marketed it to us made us think sequel. Interesting, which is funny because FFX-2 did have multiple endings.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Final Fantasy Noob! First Tidbits on FFXIII-2 ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Re: First Tidbits on FFXIII-2

Game Informer has a cool preview in their issue this month.

Had some info about the new Pre-emptive strike system, quicktime events, etc.

Very excited for this game.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

It seems way more open than the first game, which I thought was way too much of a straight shot to the end. XIII-2 looks like it goes completely the other way, shooting for a more open world approach. In short, way more excited for this game now than I was a month ago.

Registered User First Tidbits on FFXIII-2 kupo's Avatar

huh...interesting...im actually kind of excited about this now.

two things i particularly like:

1. multiple endings! i wonder if its like 3 or if they're going to pull a chrono trigger and have 10+ (doubtful)
    2. i share my name with a playable character. awesome.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Registered User First Tidbits on FFXIII-2

Not bad,

I kind of hate it that they released info saying Lightning will be a playable character.

Its like anti-spoiler and now you can be sure she won't die in this game unless after beat game.

Passing fair judgement First Tidbits on FFXIII-2 Judge Magistrate's Avatar

They said she was a playable character not that she didn't die. But I don't want her to die I liked her character.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Well she aint going to die halfway through game if your able to play her as a character. Unless they consider her a side character like Banon was in FFVI. Although I doubt that happens. Lightning will probably be like Fang of 13 joining late in the beginning of the game. Character's dieing is sad usually but sometimes it makes story better.

I was disappointed with FFXIII, but this one looks like it'll be better and it'll fit my preferences a little more. I'll get it, but we'll see if I'll enjoy it.

Side note: I checked out some screenshots and the moogle is ugly. Couldn't they have gave it a much better design?

I mean, in a game that will undoubtedly have sharp, realistic graphics, this moogle sure looks really cartoony and a little out of place.

Omg it looks like that dude fairy from Zelda: Majora's Mask that sells the maps except in moogle form.