I'm still confused about how the paradigm thing works. Sounds like a group of predetermined commands which makes it seem like monsters are also tied to their patterns of attacks and that spells predictability. Not like older FF's were super strategy oriented anyways, but sometimes you had make your characters really change tactics and do it pretty often. A monster that hits with heavy offensive spells on all and then goes to do status spells on one or all, then goes mega offensive on one person made it a juggle for healing, status repairing and risking who to heal the most before the big attack came. With a very fast paced battle system how can one switch tactics around fast enough, unless it's pre programmed for every type of scenario, which would mean heavy automation and just sitting back alot. Maybe not like that, but more like doing multiple moves with fewer commands. I can't really grasp or picture this system in my head. It's speed makes me doubt in it's effectiveness and diversity, but I'm open to enlightenment.