Thread: Fang

Nox Aeternam

Question Fang

I hope I can say this without getting flamed.. But I really don't like Fang in battles.

Am I wrong for this? I think the SAB role has limited use against most enemies (except bosses, and those don't even get debuffed sometimes..), and I find the SEN role a tad frustrating. Her one redeeming role, COM, is also extremely weak. Am I doing something wrong? I hear all these people talking about how Fang is a powerhouse, and I just am kinda lost. Anyway, I've heard she's rather good for wiping the floor with Barthandelus' second form (the one shortly after Oerba), and I'm beyond frustrated with both her and that part (I've been stuck there for probably a month). Any advice?

Thanks!

The Mad God Fang Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Each character can unlock all 6 roles. So she isn't limited to those 3.

Her commando role is the strongest in the game. Her strength is higher than any other character (also i believer her strength is higher than anybody els's maximum magic too, meaning she has the highest focused offensive attribute). And her Highwind ability is great, especially late game for collapsing adamantoise legs quickly. I keep fang as my party leader, as a commando in most of my paradigms. I use her as a Sentinel in the Sentinel Synergist Medic paradigm, which I use to get buffs stacked up and recover during more difficult fights.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

She's nothing special at that point of the game.

After that, though, she's pretty much one of the strongest characters. Like stated she has the highest STR, and Highwind is very powerful.

Also, her SYN is the only one other than Vanille that gets the second tier buffs. This pretty much makes her second best SYN in my eyes. Vanille lacks Haste, but is superior due to her much higher MAG.

Her RAV is the only one other than Light's that gets all melee attacks.

I live by the rule that if you don't like a character, dont use her. Everything in the game is doable without her, so dont use her if you dont like her. I used lightning, Sahz and Vaneil (for death spam cause im so pro).

Fang is the ultimate commando in XIII and if you have her equipped with her dragon lance you can pretty much destroy everything in the Ci'eth Stone Missions.

Each to their own though, I didn't like using Hope as he had such low HP and he made a really annoying groan when he died!
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"