View Poll Results: Which of these Quests was MOST DIFFICULT?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chocobo Race to get a 00:00:00 time

3 20.00%
  • Jumping Lightening Bolts several hundred times in a row

10 66.67%
  • The 2 Butterfly Chases

2 13.33%

Thread: Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult?

Registered User Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Locke4God's Avatar

Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult?

I say difficult to put a positive spin on it, but it found one far more annoying or less inspired or simply your least favorite, then you can pick that one as well, but remember, we're not looking for your favorite event, but rather the one that was least easy,,,, however you define that.

Re: Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult?

Honestly, none, a year ago I played through X again. The Chocobo race took me about 20 minutes to get 0:00:00.

The butterfly catching actually took me 2 hours but I wasn't playing non stop.

as the lightning bolt dodging? The EASIEST Challenge to do? Took me 15 minutes.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Resident Messenger Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't finished the Chocobo Racing, or the Lightning Bolts. The easiest of the two is the Chocobo Racing for me. I can usually get 10-15 bolts, but then my nerves start acting up, or I blink, or something gets me distracted, and then I get thrown to the ground again.

The Collector Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Kyster's Avatar

Lightning dodge is the hardest i.m.o., Chocobo race 00:00:00... Well, you get used to control your chocobo well after the first 10-12 races, after it, it's just pure luck. After 22 races, I get the Sun Sigil. I was wondering that am I be able to make this time again...? after 50 more races, the answer is no Luck.
    Butterfly catch can be annoying at some points (if I remember well, there's a ridiculous loop somewhere, OMG.), but the BGM which plays under the challenge, is my favourite from FFX, (after the Ending of course) so that little thing helped me stay calm =). After some tries, butterfly catching is become a memory game, from the hardest ones.
    The lightning dodge is the only thing that I missed. Everybody has the ultimate weapon, except Lulu. My record was ~173 or something like that, when I screwed it up because my eyes was a bit tired. I don't care about this thing anymore.

Registered User Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Locke4God's Avatar

I've got to be honest. I You-Tubed the butterfly catch and memorized the path in the video. LOLOLOL.

Whateva!! ;-)

Registered User Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult?

I won't answer in the poll as I haven't attempted the butterfly catch or the lightning dodge. I actually found the chocobo race easy, yes it was frustrating at first but with a few lucky balloons at the beginning and using the trainer as a shield to avoid the birds I did it within 45 minutes.

I'm dreading attempting the lightning bolt quest though.

The Lone Dagger Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Xithor's Avatar

The lightning dodging was and still is the hardest thing for me to do, I still haven't gotten Lulu's Celestial Weapon because of it. Any tips that you have for it because I tend to get to like 25-30 then blink at the wrong time or something.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I recommend not doing it. Seriously. Why? Because some programmer couldn't think of something more fun to do? I won't do it on principle.

I want to play a game. Which of these Quests did you find Most Difficult? Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    The lightning dodging was and still is the hardest thing for me to do, I still haven't gotten Lulu's Celestial Weapon because of it. Any tips that you have for it because I tend to get to like 25-30 then blink at the wrong time or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    I recommend not doing it. Seriously. Why? Because some programmer couldn't think of something more fun to do? I won't do it on principle.
    After doing some digging around after reading Loaf's experience with the Lightning Dodge being so easy I came across this. A youtube tutorial on how to easily complete the Lightning Dodge in about 15 minutes. Which is what Loaf said it took him. After seeing this video I'm pretty sure I can do it now and pretty sure now that it isn't that bad of a mini-game. I have yet to test it out but I will in the next few days.

Which then leaves me with my hardest being the Butterfly Catch because of how they appear to move but in actuality don't. Plus sometimes the colors can be hard to distinguish as to which butterflies I need to capture.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    After doing some digging around after reading Loaf's experience with the Lightning Dodge being so easy I came across this. A youtube tutorial on how to easily complete the Lightning Dodge in about 15 minutes. Which is what Loaf said it took him. After seeing this video I'm pretty sure I can do it now and pretty sure now that it isn't that bad of a mini-game. I have yet to test it out but I will in the next few days.

Which then leaves me with my hardest being the Butterfly Catch because of how they appear to move but in actuality don't. Plus sometimes the colors can be hard to distinguish as to which butterflies I need to capture.

ding ding ding we have a winner.

You people can thank our President Polk for showing me that.

Butterfly catching is the only "tough" one.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

YAY,,, good for you LOAF. That doesn't exactly erase having played each game 30 times, but still at least a nice little badge of honor for you there. Perhaps you can parlay that into a date.

And I'm just saying, but if Butterflys was the hardest you'd think somebody might have picked it by now.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 04-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.