Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Memento Rhapso Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o

Seymour. Creepy or awesome? He's a Guado so he gets bonus points, but his persona is just. . . .weird. He made a very contradicting first impression: Gives Yuna the "I'ma touch ewe" look, then summons a badass Aeon. Hence my mental debate.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Rhaps; 03-25-2010 at 05:27 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I would explode to save your life~ Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Re: Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o

He's creepy. Seymour seriously creeps me out O_O
    Last edited by SeaAlchemist; 03-25-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Dragoon Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

Creepy definately, the bit at the wedding also was too 'eww'.
    As for the Aeon Anima. Damn cool, but it's his mum and she's in pain, to willfully cause that is a horrific thing. If it was necessary then that's the sacrifice she made. But it's not.
    Actually he reminds me of Jaoquin Phoenix...
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

creepy and disgusting.
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 03-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Registered User Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Ashelia's Avatar

I hated that guy. He was the only storyline boss I had trouble beating the first time.

Blog Entries

during the whole wedding scene, I was unsure of who would wear the dress, Seymour or Yuna. Other than that, he was an annoying character in the main story and had the same "pity me my mom died" routine that was used in FF7, so I was kinda like "ehh" on him.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o

I really don't have a strong opinion about his character. He's just kind of...there...for me, and would pop up every now and again. I did think that the outfit that he wore to the wedding was seriously dumb-looking. I think it was the hat.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Zargabaath's Avatar

I found in him to be creepy in a good way; he came off to me as very mentally unstable. Throughout the game I was wondering how far he [Seymour] would go to accomplish his goal(s) and when somebody who is unstable can't be predictable they are frightening, especially as Seymour plays it off calmly.

However the weirdest thing for me about Seymour was that red part of his outfit, which appears to be some sort of shirt. With today's graphics it would have looked a lot better, but in FFX at certain angles it made him look fat and/or have a beer belly.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Paladin Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Voltaire Adams's Avatar

deffinatly a creep. I never really cared for the character, but I like the way he was presented. It was the first time a FF gave you a antagonist, who wasen't the main protagonist like Sephy, Kefka, or Kuja. But despite that...deffinatly a creeper.

Also, this should have been a poll.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

I want to play a game. Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    It was the first time a FF gave you a antagonist, who wasen't the main protagonist like Sephy, Kefka, or Kuja.
    Sephiroth, Kefka, and Kuja were the main protagonists in their respective game? o_O This is news to me. Perhaps you meant main antagonist? As that would make more sense and be fitting. Of course if you didn't mean "main antagonist" that would throw off a lot of people who thought Cloud, Terra, and Zidane were the main protagonists of their respective games.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Paladin Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Sephiroth, Kefka, and Kuja were the main protagonists in their respective game? o_O This is news to me. Perhaps you meant main antagonist? As that would make more sense and be fitting. Of course if you didn't mean "main antagonist" that would throw off a lot of people who thought Cloud, Terra, and Zidane were the main protagonists of their respective games.
    shoot. Yeah I said Antagonist the first time, then protagonist the second time. I didn't meant that. Yes....antagonist. lol.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

The real reason why the rum is gone Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

However the weirdest thing for me about Seymour was that red part of his outfit, which appears to be some sort of shirt. With today's graphics it would have looked a lot better, but in FFX at certain angles it made him look fat and/or have a beer belly
    This is true! I always did wonder why he had a beer belly o_O Perhaps Tromell had been feeding him up?

I think Seymour is an extremely interesting character. He's such a psycho but I think he has a gentlemanly side to him also. He seems quite insecure to be honest... Perhaps it's the beer belly? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Cloud View Post
    I think Seymour is an extremely interesting character. He's such a psycho but I think he has a gentlemanly side to him also. He seems quite insecure to be honest... Perhaps it's the beer belly? xD
    He does seem like he tries, but to me he came of slimy (and yeah he did look fat, but I though his cheeks did too)

Seymour is a scary character, though he and Kefka both disregarded peoples lives and would gladly throw them away to meet thier goals, at least Kefka was open about it and didn't care who knew. With Seymour, he's so calm and yet so unstable. With that and people willing to throw away thier lives for thier belief in him being a person of honour and that of upholding holy order without second thought. THAT is terrifying...
    ------

I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.

Blog Entries

I'd make it a poll, but my fat is acting up
    Aaaaanyway, I'm actually an FFX nooble and just met him, so far he seems interesting to me lol I always liked playing devil's advocate

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Registered User Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Zidane77's Avatar

I think he is creepy, a liked him a little bit first but not anymore.
    He's not a memorable character

The dude has date rape written all over him :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel Misery View Post
    I have friends who look like that, but they haven't done that to my knowledge lol

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

well i knew he was a villian the moment i heard the sinister score of music.. i have the whole soundtrack on C.D but yeah i knew he'd be a problem but i would have never have guessed that forced marriage was on the books lol
    Last edited by Cruel Misery; 03-30-2010 at 03:21 PM.

The Mad God Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Heartless Angel's Avatar

Seymour was actually a great villain as far as I'm concerned. He was like a freakish hybrid of the big three.

He had Kefka's instability, disregard for human life, and psychotic lust for power. And the laugh that haunts your dreams.

He had Sephiroth's calm demeanor, and shared the belief that what he was doing was right. And he was equally willing to obliterate humanity for the sake of his misguided beliefs.

He had Kuja's fashion sense unfortunately... but also elements of his personality.

Yet with all these elements, he still pulled off his own unique character.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post

He had Kuja's fashion sense unfortunately... but also elements of his personality.
    Hey! He had pants. . . . That's a one-up to Kuja by my reckoning.
    The rest I agree with in your post.
    His outfit is pretty much the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and I'd kill to own it :3 you guys are just jealous lol

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

a daydreamer Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o aerospark08's Avatar

creepy.. but cool too ! honestly, he is handsome if you notes.. but because he's too ambitious, he looks like a whacky-man and definitely nuts

"The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel Misery View Post
    Hahaha! *sigh* Yeah...

He was to me a suspicious character to say the least. It's the only protagonist from the FF games I have never thought anything good of e.g. (OMG, he's gonna destroy all existence, he's such a badass! And WTF he totally wiped out the hero in training! Etc...) Never the kind of things I'd think or say but, guess the FFgame
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by TigermusiQ View Post
    Hahaha! *sigh* Yeah...

He was to me a suspicious character to say the least. It's the only protagonist from the FF games I have never thought anything good of e.g. (OMG, he's gonna destroy all existence, he's such a badass! And WTF he totally wiped out the hero in training! Etc...) Never the kind of things I'd think or say but, guess the FFgame
    I see your point here lol Atleast with Sephiroth he seemed menacing like a big ass sword and mother issues... this seymour guy lol well he carries a staff, wears something that looks like a dress and obviously cant get a girlfriend so he goes around kidnapping summoners and forces them to marry him. If he succesfully murdered a playable character (like sephiroth did to aeris) then he would gain a little respect.

1DownShroom Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o 1DownShroom's Avatar

Hes dead, has an ant-gravity hairdoo, and he has that wierd laugh at Mt. Gagazet. Hes wierd.
    Some of us are poisonous, some of us are dangerous, some of us will get you high, some of us will make you DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1DownShroom View Post
    Hes dead, has an ant-gravity hairdoo, and he has that wierd laugh at Mt. Gagazet. Hes wierd.
    Yeah but what do you think of his character development, i think he was forced inot something that his character dose not portray if you get my drift. He seems meanecing but you dont see how evil he is till the end and even then he dosent seem as bad as he could... no other Villian would lower themselfs into a forced marriage, well no decent villian anyways.

Erin

I've always liked Seymour for some reason.

Johnny Boy Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Johnny's Avatar
    Born in Los Angeles. Traveled/squated millions of places in the U.S. Now housed up in Vernon,BC

i never liked seymour and i agree with Dodie16 on Seymour's outfit looking stupid

The Bird Of Hermes Seymour: Cool or Creepy? O_o Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

Creepy in a sort of uncle that gets too close to you sorta way

I don't think he's either cool or creepy. Just really weird. Although that kind of makes me like him. He isn't my favorite villain, but he isn't my least favorite either. He did have a lame outfit, but not as lame as his wedding one(what was with that hat?). I like his blue, defying gravity hair though. And his creepy laugh. Creepy laughs just always seem to appeal to me for some reason.

Be a pal and level my adoptables!

Seriously... Seymour is creepily cool! His voice just gives me goose-pimples... His hair is just cool... He actually attempts to get the main heroine from the story =o!!! Gets her down the aisle.. Mwhahaha!!!

So yes, Seymour is a mixture of both creepy and cool! Wha hoo ^~.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast