Thread: Question about most powerful weapon.

chocobo

Question about most powerful weapon.

I know what it is and all that, but just something quick that I can't figure out.
    Are the ...
    Spoiler:
    ... two chests the Palace of Rabanastre (cellar) (after Garamscythe Waterway sneaking into the Palace, very early in the game)...

...BOTH have to stay unopened, or just the one that contains the elixir?

ShiiELa
    I can't figure out, wat u're trying to ask. lol! Are u talking bout how to get da Zodiark Spear? Dat's da most powerful weapon. Find a guide which treasure u don't have to open since I can't list them all here 'coz I cn't remember dem all, but I remember some treasures u shud not open, da ones are in the Lowtown near Old Dalan's house, phon Coast.. etc.

There is more then just those two chest that have to stay unopened to get one of the two possible Zodiak spears. There are plenty of free guides on the net I suggest you check them out. Also there are a few threads on here about obtaining it. Just search Zodiak Spear and see what results you get. If it says "do not open this chest" DO NOT OPEN IT, you will miss out on one of the two. The second one is almost impossible to get so if you screw your self out of the first one then you have just pretty much screwed yourself out of both.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ShiiELa View Post
    Dat's da most powerful weapon.
    If you don't take other items into consideration maybe, Tournesol definatly puts out more damage over time though. Personally i think Masamune is better than both when used with the genji set, but to each his own.

As for the topic, i generally didn't open any chests before i got my spear. Saves checking walkthroughs, which i don't really like using, every time i came across a chest.

Tsuna Feesh Question about most powerful weapon. Fate's Avatar
    I'd say, just don't open any chests period when in Rabanastre, the Palace, or the Phon Coast where there are sixteen chests. It's not like the items are useful anyway; it's just a bunch of crappy Gil. Only the Dark Matters are good. But the Zodiac Spear is more worth it. Of course, if you are far in the game, but you lost the Zodiac Spear, don't start over. It's not worth it. As Djinn said, there are better weapons.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

I feel epic... Question about most powerful weapon. Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    They're are four chests you DON'T WANT TO OPEN in the game. One is opposite of Dalan's house. Another is in the right side of the cellar, where all the servants are(when you're sneaking into the palace.) Another is in the weaponry when you get your stuff back on the escape from Nalbina. The last is among a group of sixteen chests, each housing some Gil. If you can avoid these, you can get the Zodiac Spear. Of course, saving up to it was the easy part, GETTING to it is a whole 'nother story!

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Tsuna Feesh Question about most powerful weapon. Fate's Avatar
    It wasn't a problem for me; I was level 60 in the Necrohol of Nabudis.

But there is another way of getting the Zodiac Spear. In fact, the Zodiac Spear is infinite, so you can get 99 of them. But that alone would take years, because you only have a 0.1% chance each time.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Darkness Incarnate Question about most powerful weapon. Zeromus's Avatar

Re: Question about most powerful weapon.

Yeah I just left most of the treasure chests alone since nothing in the ones you couldnt open were worth anything anyways, as for the necrohol of nabudis...ugh i was 31 runnin around in there tryin my best to stay alive. all i did was flee to the chest and flee back out lol.

Re: Question about most powerful weapon.

Zodiac Spear but there are four chests you MUST NOT open to obtain it. It is also possible after getting the first Zodiac spear to get more. If you have a Diamond Armlet equipped and open a chest in the Henne Mines (it is on the left hand side of the first right hand path on the map from the entrance to the mine after passing the large round looking room, sorry can't remember that rooms proper name). The chest however is a rare appearence as is the chance of it containing a Zodiac Spear but it is possible. But the other best weapons are the Tournesol, Ultima Blade (you can get two of these) the scorpion tail is also a strong weapon as is Excalibur. The strongest weapon you can obtain apart from these is the Gold Axe (which you can buy from the North Bank Village in the Giza Plains) which is good if you have trouble obtaining these weapons.