Thread: Question About Gaining Experience

The Lone Dagger Question About Gaining Experience Xithor's Avatar

Question About Gaining Experience

I'm re-playing this game again and as I'm progressing through the game, I'm at about the mid-point of Chapter 3, and Paine is easily 3 levels ahead of both Rikku and Yuna and it always seems that Paine always gains another level before Yuna or Rikku get close to their next level. It that only happening in my game or does everyone see this trend that Paine is gaining either more experience or leveling much faster than the other people?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I want to play a game. Question About Gaining Experience Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Question About Gaining Experience

I haven't had that problem in either of my playthroughs. Your problem could stem from Rikku and Yuna being dead at the end of battle which they would not gain any experience. Another factor could be, if I recall correcltly, that there are some accessories that halt EXP gain and perhaps you had them equipped for some time creating the gap. Paine could have an accessory that increase EXP gain but I don't think there is such an item in the game to begin with. It could be a glitch of some sort though I'm not inclined to believe that. Perhaps the reasoning is simple but you have forgotten how it happened. As long as you keep on winning battles there should be nothing to minutely fret over.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Question About Gaining Experience Zidane77's Avatar

I remember Paine getting faster levels than others, didn't matter if they had same amount of EXP.

I think the only explanation that I can think of is maybe their special dress spheres? I used each of them once, Full Throttle, Floral Fallal, and Machina Maw, but I used them each once. Does only one person get experience when they beat someone in the special dress sphere? I didn't even think to notice if only one person was gaining experience from that.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Question About Gaining Experience Polk's Avatar

Okay, I've been playing X-2 (yeah yeah yeah, shut up. I know. I got a weird urge to play it after finishing up God of War III.) and I've been semi-keeping track of their experience gaining while playing, since I for the life of me can't find an experience chart online for the game. Right now we are at:

Yuna, level 14
    EXP: 4122
    To next level: 386

Rikku, Level 15
    EXP: 4153
    To next level: 842

Paine, Level 15

Nobody in my party has died yet, and the only discrepancy between Yuna and Rikku/Paine comes from the very first part of the game where Yuna wasn't in the party.

It's also important to know that Paine started out trailing Rikku with the "to next level" stat (I could not for the life of me think of a better way to word that), and has closed the gap at this point so they're tied. Yuna has been falling further behind in the same way.

It seems that the three just simply level at different speeds: Paine the fastest, Rikku in the middle, and Yuna the slowest. Why? I have no clue, and now I just feel horribly goony for even posting this.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Okay, I've been playing X-2 (yeah yeah yeah, shut up. I know. I got a weird urge to play it after finishing up God of War III.) and I've been semi-keeping track of their experience gaining while playing, since I for the life of me can't find an experience chart online for the game. Right now we are at:

Yuna, level 14
    EXP: 4122
    To next level: 386

Rikku, Level 15

Paine, Level 15

Nobody in my party has died yet, and the only discrepancy between Yuna and Rikku/Paine comes from the very first part of the game where Yuna wasn't in the party.

It's also important to know that Paine started out trailing Rikku with the "to next level" stat (I could not for the life of me think of a better way to word that), and has closed the gap at this point so they're tied. Yuna has been falling further behind in the same way.

It seems that the three just simply level at different speeds: Paine the fastest, Rikku in the middle, and Yuna the slowest. Why? I have no clue, and now I just feel horribly goony for even posting this.
    Nerd.

SPOILER!!:
    <3

the whole exp curve is pretty screwy though, for the most part, SE has been known to keep everyone on the same curve in most of their games, makes me wonder why they would change it up?
    Last edited by Rocky; 05-24-2010 at 12:12 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Look here are my characters and this is why I think they level up differently.

Yuna (Lv. 62)

EXP: 342,372
    Next: 4,356

Rikku (Lv. 64)

EXP: 340,741
    Next: 11,105

Paine (Lv. 65)

EXP: 340,239
    Next: 7,056

Yuna has more EXP then both Rikku and Paine yet she is 2 levels behind Rikku and 3 behind Paine. Any opinions?
    Last edited by Xithor; 05-29-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Question About Gaining Experience Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

I have found that certain Dress Spheres can affect the leveling stats i.e. quicken or slow. For example the Warrior Dress Sphere gets more experience than the Gunner Dress Sphere. Also Like What Polk said, the beginning of the game makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk
    I got a weird urge to play it after finishing up God of War III.
    Btw, Really? that is an odd urge especially after that particular game.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

My life stinks! What's your excuse? Question About Gaining Experience jerseyteufel's Avatar

The lady luck dress sphere has a 'double exp'. If you want all of them at the same level, try getting Yuna/Rikku on that dress sphere and have them master that part first before anything else on that dress sphere.

Hewerya love...? Question About Gaining Experience seanb's Avatar

Yuna in particular along with Rikku don't gain as much exp due to them being SLUTS.
    The more clothes a character wears, the faster they progress, hence Paine's hasty advancements.
    Also it could be down to items equipped and dressphears being used (ladyluck, as stated by jerseytuefel).

Passing fair judgement Question About Gaining Experience Judge Magistrate's Avatar

My Yuna ended up being my highest level character. My advice would be to use the Lady Luck sphere like the others recommended.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Question About Gaining Experience

I too have had Paine a higher level than both of the other girls. Seems to me her experience curve is smaller than the other 2.