Thread: New Significance after Japanese tsunami?

Hewerya love...? New Significance after Japanese tsunami? seanb's Avatar

New Significance after Japanese tsunami?

This may be a little soon after such a terrible disaster, but does anyone find it coincidental that the subject of natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis are reflected in the storyline of FFX?

It could be argued that Sin's destructive attacks are representative of the long history of natural disasters that Japan has suffered through the centuries.

Was this an intentional aspect included in the game from the writers of Final Fantasy X?

Your comments/views/arguments would be greatly appreciated.

Of course I touch on this subject with most respect,

Sean.

Melodious Schemer New Significance after Japanese tsunami? Final Hearts 69's Avatar

Re: New Significance after Japanese tsunami?

You do have a point there, Seanb. Talk about coincidental...In the game ff3 there also had been an earthquake.

I find it ironic at most that the game developers of FF had added all of our natural disasters in their game series. However, the only game that is supposed to be based off of real life is the newest ff13 which isn't even out yet...I'm talking about Final Fantasy 13 Versus that is....as far as I know.

It seems as though every game of theirs at one point or another reflects a natural disaster...or any disaster for that matter. I mean if you look at it from this point...

In FF-FF3 (as far as I'm aware of) you have two ophans...one marked with destiny and the other tags along then later marked with the same destiny, a rebellious girl/boy, and an unwillingly serving knight. All going out to save the world from further devastation...who has to learn to get along and cooperate with each other in order for the prophecies to be fulfilled.

I believe it is an intentional behavior from the game creators, yes. Becuase if we all look around and in our history books, there are years if not centuries recordance of disasters that had happened since before man had walked the earth...and it's still happening.

I call it ironic, simply becuase they added these distasters in the games. Never knowing, if it'll happen again and again in real life..and where it'll hit. Take the tsunami for example, they had added it in FFX; becuase they needed a way to get Tidus off of the world or island...I'm not sure where he was since I only play the game for a second before my sister took back the controller and he was already away from his hometown...to get him where he needed to be. Then years later after the game, the tsunami hits them...there's alot of irony in that if you ask me.
    Last edited by Final Hearts 69; 04-25-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Hewerya love...? New Significance after Japanese tsunami? seanb's Avatar

Yes your bang on there, I find all that very interesting.
    Another relation that has just come to mind is the Mako reactors in VII and the nuclear power plants in japan that malfunctioned, also the other places throughout the world such as selefield, tirnobil etc. that have caused problems in the past.
    the constant references "our planet is dying" in VII made me instantly draw a tangent to real life.

Yes it is a good point but if you think about it you are hearing about natural disasters all the time so maybe it was just done on a more unconcious level rather than a reflection of what happreens in real life also some of the things that Sin does have no bearing on a natural disaster such as in operatino Mi'ihen so I don't think that terrible Tsunami has any effect on what the Japs put in their game.