Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Highest number of Quickenings

Never getting back together... Highest number of Quickenings JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Highest number of Quickenings

My highest was during a boss fight... Forgot which one, but, I got as high as 23, then, I screwed up. The quickenings were really fun to watch. My favorites were Penelos, but thats for another thread ^^'.

Love JillXWesker

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

Registered User Highest number of Quickenings Sharpshooter's Avatar

I think the highest I got was around 9, but they were all Level 1 quickenings lol
    im not fast enough to get higher numbers
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

Badass Military Agent Highest number of Quickenings Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

My highest number so far is only 13... kinda hard to do for me.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Highest number of Quickenings Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

LOL!
    Full-Life lies, 99 is the highest.
    I got 31 followed by a black hole thingy, only time I have ever seen it o.o

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Darkness Incarnate Highest number of Quickenings Zeromus's Avatar

I started playin it again a week ago and yesterday I got one on ultima to 29. I was freakin out lol I kept getting lvl 1s tho everytime i got a mist charge so i just went with it and still got black hole with a few 3's and 2's thrown in. Usually i just try to go for 2 2 2 and just go with it after that, works out

Registered User Highest number of Quickenings Joyful Blue's Avatar

I think it was seven, which is probably an embarrassingly low amount but I only ever used them twice from what I remember. I never really played much FFXII so I'm unsure if the timer increases or whatever as you level up or if I am indeed as useless as the number would suggest.

Registered User Highest number of Quickenings jcsimpson's Avatar

I think my highest was eleven or twelve.
    Habitant vegetable soup blows the balls off every other vegetable soup

I don't think getting a large quickening chain involves great skill I think a lot of it depends on your existing charaters remaining mist guages as well as the luck of getting a mist charge option during the quickening process. Thirty is a very good quickening chain count but surely you don't think you were ENTIRELY responsible for that

I don't think it takes a large amonut of skill to get a large quickening chain. The length of a quickening chain depends on a number of factors. 1) The remaining mist guages of the characters in the active battle 2) The luck of getting your mist guages replenished during the quickening process which allows you to perform futher quickening attacks 3) The small amount of skill on to how quick your reaction are. Thirty is a very respectable quickening chain but surely you don't think it was all down to your skill rather than a bit of luck being on our side?
    Last edited by markandrewkinzett; 03-22-2011 at 08:40 AM.

lady_ashe

my average quickening chains is 20..pretty much 0k..

my highest was like 18 because i suck at chaining, idid it on the judge gis ass hole on the ship because he was so annoying i thought he wouldnt die but he did lol

Dalmascan princess Highest number of Quickenings lady ashe's Avatar

i just got 33, so much button pressing, i was up all night trying to beat ultima seeing as my characters are at low levels, well apart from Ashe and Basch who are 60 , but thats still low cuz it recommends to be level 70, so i was up, and now im tired

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

I'll find you, no matter what. Highest number of Quickenings FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think my highest was either 24 or 26, I can't remember. It was against a hunt (the dinosaur on that floating island, not Burjeba but the other one) and I was so thankful to see that giant fall that I forgot which one it was. Haven't been able to do it since.

Trust Me.

Dalmascan princess Highest number of Quickenings lady ashe's Avatar

you mean the plyraster? i got up to 20 with him

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Highest number of Quickenings nickness89's Avatar

I love the Quickenings xP when i first played, I never uderstood how to do them, then got to around 12 as my highest.

On my second playthrough, while trying to master everything/collect everything, i was more used to them and got up to about 20.

I've done a few re-plays and the highest I got was 34, and finally managed to get a Black Hole Concurrence, was totally chuffed with myself. xD

The Collector Highest number of Quickenings Kyster's Avatar

11... maybe 12. I always screw it up after a while. Rolling over an option too fast.
    Games beaten:
    I [NES], X [NTSC], VII, IX, CC:FFVII, XII, Dissidia
    In progress:
    X [PAL]; Goal is 100%

Registered User Highest number of Quickenings Alex's Avatar

I think my highest was 16

Wow, compared to alot of you guys, I feel weak in this category. The highest I think I've gotten was 14. Or was it 17? I don't know. Sometimes, I get the numbers 4 and 7 mixed up in my head.

I hate how if I do a quickening chain on a regular old enemy on the field, I can chain up to 14 easily, yet if I try it on a difficult boss, I'll be lucky to get 7. Is that how the game is programmed (lower success with worse battles) or do I just have bad luck?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

TFF's Resident Messenger Highest number of Quickenings Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I typically average 15-20, but if I am in the right mindset I average 27-30. I would love to see one of these 100-Chain Quickenings on Youtube.

I forget who it was the asked this above me, but...

Say it takes you 0.50 seconds to confirm the next Quickening sequence. You will notice upon startup of the next sequence the timer has 0.25 seconds added to it (from where it ended in the last sequence)

4.00 (base Quickening time) - 0.50 (reaction time) = 3.50 (where Quickening time stops

Reaction time is halved (0.25 seconds) and is then added to where Quickening time stops (3.50 seconds)

3.50 + 0.25 = 3.75 (where Quickening starts again)

This continues until you have exhausted your Quickening time. Hope this did more to help you than confuse you even more.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I will save the world Highest number of Quickenings Hero without a Name's Avatar

There are days I was getting high numbers and there are days I just sucked at it, though the highest number of quickenings I ever completed was.....38. I was just on fire that day. I usually range between 20-33

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

I remember I used to not know that during the quickenings, you can press R2 repeatedly to get some more Mist Charges up. Yeah, I hadn't figured that out until my second playthrough, I believe.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

That guy. Highest number of Quickenings Hot Shot's Avatar

I'd get around 10-17. I wasn't very good at it nor did I like it all that much. I'd prefer a no nonsense limit break like VII or X.

The highest number i ever mustered was eleven. You guys must have ninja reflexes!
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2