Thread: Hardest boss in US version?

Dan the man Hardest boss in US version?
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

Hardest boss in US version?

hello im playing ffX for the second time and i was wondering some peoples opinions. now i know i cant fight penace or the dark aoens on the US version....but i am completely excited to battle all of the arena monsters ultima and omega....

I guess i would like some peoples opinions on what they think are the hardest bosses in the game for the US version

Death Before Dishonor Hardest boss in US version? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Hardest boss in US version?

I thought that Seymour at Mt. Gagazet was the hardest boss on the entire game. I had to prep for that shit for a while, hard stuff

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I want to play a game. Hardest boss in US version? Zargabaath's Avatar

I believe the hardest optional boss in the U.S version is Nemesis. I've never fought it before so I can't really say how tough it is to fight Nemesis.

For storyline bosses I would have to say that the Sanctuary Keeper was pretty difficult during my second play-through. My second time through the game I didn't over-power myself at all. The Spectral Keeper can be difficult but probably more time consuming with the mechanics of the fight. Yunalesca can be irksome if the player fails to realize that at least one character must have the "zombie" status when she goes into her third form and to at least have 1 character zombie'd throughout the rest of that fight. Braska's Final Aeon also gave me some trouble in my second run of the game. I had to acquire "Quick Hit" for a few characters in order to help me out in that battle.

I would say the hardest would either be between: the Sanctuary Keeper or Braska's Final Aeon.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Ultima and Omega aren't even Arena Bosses....
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Lone Dagger Hardest boss in US version? Xithor's Avatar

Yea Ultima and Omega aren't in the arena so you won't find them there. They are down in the Zeritan Caverns(sp?). The arena boss that is the hardest has to be Nemesis, even with my party over 25,000 HP each and inflicting 99,999 damage each he still gives me a hard time.

Storyline boss I have to agree with Josh R, Seymour on Mt Gagazet gave me a hard time when I faced him the first few times. The other boss that gave me fits was Yunalesca in Zanarkand.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I believe the hardest optional boss in the U.S version is Nemesis. I've never fought it before so I can't really say how tough it is to fight Nemesis.
    Yeah, Nemesis is supposed to be the hardest, but he's a wimp once you figure out the process :3

The very first time I played Yunalesca game me trouble, because her special is really only supposed to kill 2 out of your 3 party members from what I've read; she kept killing every singe member in my party -_-;

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Hardest boss in US version? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

The hardest boss? Well, nemesis is the hardest that you will get in the Us version. He has High HP.
    And the seymore battle on gagazet is an ass....o.o

Also, Shinryu is hard, you have to fight him in water and my Wakka and Rikku were not trained at all...
    Other than that, not too many. Maybe Ultima buster

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Dan the man Hardest boss in US version?
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Ultima and Omega aren't even Arena Bosses....
    I know that ultima and omega are not arena bosses....i just forgot to put the comma in. But hey thanks for answering the question as opposed to just popping in to put someone down....not

Registered User Hardest boss in US version? Zidane77's Avatar

If you don't have either Penance and Dark Aeons, Nemesis is probably by far the hardest boss in the game.
    Once you have over 70.000 HP is probably piece of cake, once you figure him out.
    Still he has the attack 99.999 damage on everyone so keep an eye out for that

Ultima and Omega weapon are not that difficult to defeat. However the original monsters in the monster arena are pretty strong and can be easy to defeat sometimes others are not too strong but just take forever to kill! Secondly some of them (including the ultimate monster Nemesis) will destroy your party with one to two hits so if you are gonna do the monster arena you have to be pretty strong (well very strong) to defeat the most difficult original monsters.

Everyone needs a savior Hardest boss in US version? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    The hardest boss? Well, nemesis is the hardest that you will get in the Us version. He has High HP.
    And the seymore battle on gagazet is an ass....o.o

Also, Shinryu is hard, you have to fight him in water and my Wakka and Rikku were not trained at all...
    Other than that, not too many. Maybe Ultima buster
    see there's your problem wakka and rikku HAVE to be equal with tidus if not anybody else because they can go under water unlike the others

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    Ultima and Omega weapon are not that difficult to defeat. However the original monsters in the monster arena are pretty strong and can be easy to defeat sometimes others are not too strong but just take forever to kill! Secondly some of them (including the ultimate monster Nemesis) will destroy your party with one to two hits so if you are gonna do the monster arena you have to be pretty strong (well very strong) to defeat the most difficult original monsters.
    omega and ultima are very easy all the bosses you fight after you can freely roam with the airship should be pretty easy because you can grind and level up really fast seymour flux on gagazett was tough everything inside and outside of sin was EASY but when i fought seymour and anima my 5th time through it took me forever because i didnt train anybody at all and was tryin to go as fast as i could through the game
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Hardest boss in US version? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Nemesis. The strategy is pretty linear, though. Haste, Quick Hit, summon right before Nemesis' turn, repeat. There's no fun in that strategy or the Arena Bosses, so I stopped playing the game once I passed it in my latest playthorugh.

However, toughest boss in the game is Yunalesca, hands down. That battle can last for hours if you're not prepared. You'll be struggling to shave away her HP only to be killed by Mega Death once you do.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

The Ronso

Hands down Seymour Flux and Yunalesca.

FFIX dominance.... Hardest boss in US version? FFlover2789's Avatar

hardest battle i had was on my 3rd play through i was fighting 2nd seymour and i didnt have reflct or dispel and i was low on everything i was completely unprepared if it wasn't for the fact that i had stone-resistant items i wouldn't have won.... the most time consuming though is by far nemesis i spent an hour fighting him my first time since my tidus was the only person who could hit 99999 in one hit...

TFF's Resident Messenger Hardest boss in US version? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The toughest battle I have ever fought is against Yunalesca. And this is in each and every playthrough I have done. Each time I would get farther along the Sphere Grid, but each time it still proved to be very difficult. I would spend at least 5 battles abainst her before I would defeat her. Now, I have never paid much attention to all of the Arena fiends, I would only collect the fiends to get the special items to unlock the Celestial weapons on Magus Sisters. So I have never fought the really tough monsters.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Hardest boss in US version? Xanatos's Avatar

Since we're talking about US version I'll have to ignore Dark Aeons, and Penance, which seriously trims down the competition. Sanctuary Keeper, and Junalesca are the ones that gave me a headache, it took me couple of times to bring down Junalesca. Sanctuary Keeper was easy once I figured I need a reflect.

Seymour was rather easy, I'm not sure why so many players point him as one of the hardest bosses. Also, from what I hear Nemesis is a bitch, wouldn't know for sure as I have yet to fight against him.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I would explode to save your life~ Hardest boss in US version? SeaAlchemist's Avatar

I haven't finished the game,but from what i've played,I pick Evrae. >.<

Nemesis was the hardest for me. Took long enough just getting there and then trying to kill it. BTW i didn't use a guide so i had to figure the strategy out myself.
    "My soul, corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment to find the end of the journey, in my own salvation and your eternal slumber."

Registered User Hardest boss in US version? Kenshi's Avatar

oh goodness on my first playthrough Evrae just had me locked. I was underleveled, and my long range attackers were NOT well developed at all. I couldn't even grind because after a while it seemed like fiends just stopped appearing on the Airship. However the second time through I managed to get through just about everything pretty easily, the only thing that gave me considerable trouble was Jecht don't know why so many people skipped over him. He kicked my ass many many MANY times over >.< and i never really cared for the monster arena beyond getting Yuna her celestial weapon so i can't really say much about that.

Hewerya love...? Hardest boss in US version? seanb's Avatar

Not counting the monster arena/omega etc. the hardest compulsory boss I thought was jecht. with averagely levelled characters he is incredibly hard.

FFIX dominance.... Hardest boss in US version? FFlover2789's Avatar

Omg i just read all the posts and saw that people are having a hard time with Braska's Final Aeon I have never had any trouble beating him.... Btw my 4th time through i figured out that the best mix is the trio of 9999, when your not suped up and that can be done using 2 doors to tomorrows and 2 gamblers spirits i think too there are a few others but i dont remember.......

Xale

Seymour Flux and that giant red thing you fight in the trippy surreal world at Zanarkand temple just before Yunalesca.