Thread: can any one help me?

can any one help me?

hi everyone can anyone help me i'm in the middle of the chocobo catcher race and i get my boyfriend to do the race for me but i do everything else. my boyfriend is an ejit because he finaly done it i was on a chocobo on my way to the save point. he told me not to bother saving and go straight to the ravine to get caladbolg. i got into a fight with a malboro and it used bad breath and i died and it was game over. so now he has got to do it again but i dont want him to so im asking if anyone has any tips on how to do it quicker or has anyone got any ffx cheats to make it a bit easier to get the sun sigial. please try and help me im really stuck. i would appricate it if anyone can help me.
    Last edited by joleine taylor; 05-31-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling check

Soup Kitchen Jerk. can any one help me? Polk's Avatar

Re: can any one help me?

I meant to reply to this earlier, but I'm lazy, and it turns out that I totally wrote up a little mini-guide a couple years ago in the help thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Me, circa 2009
    As for the Chocobo trainer, I just have some tips:

- If you don't get all 4 balloons in the opening stretch, just quit, and let the game play itself. It's insanely difficult to succeed without this 12 second head start, and you just end up getting more frustrated. Take the next 45 seconds off, and try again.

- Focus on dodging birds. They're the real problem here. Make sure you're secure on your dodging skills, then work on getting balloons.

- The D-pad is your friend. It's much more responsive when it comes to turning and evading.

- Stay towards the center of the track, only moving to evade. Two reasons: One, grinding on the sides slows you down. Two, the chocobo tends to make some weird turns when it hits the edge of the race track, meaning you could be heading towards a balloon, but if you hit the edge, you could turn the opposite way.

- Stay away from the trainer. She tends to steal balloons, and if you follow her a little too closely, you can get hit with her birds.

Other than that, patience and practice. Also alcohol can help.
    Hope that helps.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.