Thread: WTF moments in Storyline

Boxer of the Galaxy WTF moments in Storyline Rowan's Avatar

WTF moments in Storyline

Maybe I'm blind to them because I just adore the game so much, but what are some examples of moments in Final Fantasy VIII that trigger the "wtf" thought process that many people seem to have mentioned in other threads.

If I try really hard and think back, maybe a wtf moment for me would be when squall somehow manages to find rinoa out in space and manuevors himself toward a very conveniently placed spaceship.

Memento RK WTF moments in Storyline Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: WTF moments in Storyline

^Yeah, that was a big WTF moment for me. I was like "What are the odds of a spaceship being there"...and, "Why SPACE?! Of all the places..."

Another was the Moombas, the Shumi's and NORG! Also, the schools ability to fly was another WTF. I may have facepalmed that one if I had expected, but at the time I was in awe when I first played it. It was like THAT'S SO AWESOME!!

Norg was definitely a wtf moment. Especially when you go back to the pod and find that he's gone, and an egg is there with another shumi guarding it (I think). Weird stuff man.

Don't get me wrong, the Moomba's were great. I loved them.

There was more in this game, I know it.
    Last edited by Yoko; 01-29-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Registered User WTF moments in Storyline

I still don't get the whole Junction Machine Ellone thing. I mentioned it in another thread, but if that's what Ulty used to cause so much trouble, why not stop Odine from making the damn thing to begin with? It'd be a lot simpler than having Squall and Co. go to Ulty's time and defeat her there when they can just destroy all evidence/research of the machine in their time. Laguna himself is the damn president of Esthar. Why didn't he just order any and all research on Ellone's ability to cease? You'd think after the whole kidnapping Ellone thing, Odine would have seen some repercussions of that. :/
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! WTF moments in Storyline Tallulah's Avatar

On my first playthrough, I think the biggest WTF moment had to be NORG being in ultimate financial control of the Garden all that time. My jaw also dropped when I found out about the whole Cid and Edea being married thing, which NORG brought up. Of course this kind of makes sense later on in the game, as far as Final Fantasy 8 goes.

Also, Squall realising he was in love with Rinoa came right the heck out of nowhere. Why did he not say something before? Although this is Squall we're talking about.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

The White Wizard of Fynn WTF moments in Storyline Mindu's Avatar

I was only ten and it was my first FF, so there were quite a few moments: The giant flying monster that interrupts your fight with Biggs and Wedge on the Dollet tower. The way the X-ATMO robot thing kept coming back, and coming back. Laguna's first dream sequence. Seifer's reappearance at the parade. NORG, and the whole war at Balamb Garden. The orphanage scene. The scene in space, and the ****ing robots that had to be killed in order. Laguna being the president of Esthar, and Adel turning out to be an eight foot tall, trans-gendered body builder. I also thought the whole of Ultimecia's castle and what it entails was a huge WTF.

I suppose the whole NORG aspect came out of nowhere. The way he blurted out key information in the storyline for absolutely no reason at all "CID AND EDEA, THAT PATHETIC MARRIED COUPLE" come on, really?

But other than that I found the whole romance between Squall and Rinoa charming. She brought out the best in him.

Fujin's first speech block anyone? Also when Irvine can't pull the trigger during the parade...hmmm gilgamesh's appearance too was kinda like 'Wha?The?Fuuu?'
    EBG

Blog Entries

Seifer killing Odin was a wtf, for sure.

Everyone knowing each other (except for Rinoa) was a wtf. How was Rinoa even involved with them anyway, I mean, other than being 'just a client'. That was weird.

Did anyone find Eden weird too? What is that thing anyway? An alien?

Also, how was Adel still alive after being in space for so freakin long? WTF?!

lol, the whole game was a wtf once you think about it. Oh how we love Final Fantasy.

Dodie, that plan would have been too easy. Leave it to Laguna to do it the hard way.

EDIT: THE ENDING! The Squall Hollow face, How he went to a different spot and...collapsed. The dancing scene where everything was going blurry, and did you guys hear a gun shot around that scene too, or was it just me? The rest of the ending was pretty cool though. I enjoyed it. Just the beginning of it was weird.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

okay, kudos to R.Kyra for getting me to remember. The BIGGEST wtf for me now that I remember is how they all grew up together and just forgot, then remembered.

"oh yeah thats right, we were all in the same orphanage... us and absolutley noone else... yeah you could see how I could forget that though, having a GF and all"

and somehow after that sequence where they all talk at the basketball court in selphies garden, the next sequence with seifer somehow conveniety remembers too and makes sure his first dialogue is that of mentioning their childhoods together.

another wtf is how the galbadian ATM-X066 at the missle base (or watever it was called) was able to be defeated by a whip, shotgun and nunchuck but managed to survive the massive explosion that seemed to extend miles. Only for it to somehow magically find its way out into the middle of the sea at FH.

W___DA____FUNK

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

You people remember so much about that game..or I am just too old and it's been so many years since I played.

I do have one WTF moment that I never forget:

It's when Squall blew off Quistis! That a$$hole! haha

Blog Entries

OH! Okay, Thank god for my good memory. Anyway, when they were in Timber after the scene with the Presidential address or whatever, Edea comes out of NOWHERE and basically brainwashed Seifer. Then goes back to where she came from. When we go to follow her, there's no trace of her even being there. THAT was another WTF for me.

Rowan, I used fists, nunchuck and a whip. I also used Quezacotl (I can't even pronounce that...) until I couldn't anymore.

Also, Quezacotl means feathered snake...And has nothing to do with Lightning or electricity. It's a god that 'brought back human life'. Source. Weird.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Crash Boom Bang WTF moments in Storyline Lily's Avatar

theres loads of these in FFVIII, teh basketball court scene took the cake for me though, as if they all couldnt remember each other. I still find it absurd, but I just try to ignore that point and get on with the game, because other than them all not knowing that they grew up in an orphanage togther i liked the story

I mean, for **** sake, it wouldnt have made a difference if they DID remember, it would be perfectly feasable, that as children, and moving on to wherever the **** they moved on to, they'd collectively forget what matron looked like. I can't remember what anyone who didnt stay in my life looked like when I was a kid, I cant remember names or faces. So why they felt the need to be like AH NO WAY blah blah blah, it would have still been acceptable to say the GFs affected their memory, just that whole OMG WHY DIDNT WE REMEMBER EACH OTHER is ****ing stupid

Muppets

Also, the way NORG announces to the party that Cid and Edea were married. It was so unnatural. THAT PATHETIC MARRIED COUPLES! Im sure there were better ways of dropping that bomb shell

Registered User WTF moments in Storyline Squall's Avatar

Biggest WTF for me was the whole Cid/Edea connection and the struggle between NORG and the rest of the Garden. It symbolized the real turning point of the game where surprises were coming at you left and right.

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515

Crash Boom Bang WTF moments in Storyline Lily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    Also, how was Adel still alive after being in space for so freakin long? WTF?!.
    coz she was a sorceress and i dont think they can die without passing their powers on.... I think.

Or maybe she was like, frozen and reanimated or... some shit

squall69 WTF moments in Storyline squall69's Avatar

[QUOTE=Quistis;1325426]You people remember so much about that game..or I am just too old and it's been so many years since I played.

i agree even after playing it 5 times and reading the comments ime still thinking i cant remember that ?? lol i must be getting old

my wtf moment was my first summon , i remember summoning shiva and watching the cut scene and thinking wtf look at the size of it lol i guess i just didnt expect it

sheer class thou

Registered User WTF moments in Storyline Sheechiibii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I still don't get the whole Junction Machine Ellone thing. I mentioned it in another thread, but if that's what Ulty used to cause so much trouble, why not stop Odine from making the damn thing to begin with? It'd be a lot simpler than having Squall and Co. go to Ulty's time and defeat her there when they can just destroy all evidence/research of the machine in their time. Laguna himself is the damn president of Esthar. Why didn't he just order any and all research on Ellone's ability to cease? You'd think after the whole kidnapping Ellone thing, Odine would have seen some repercussions of that. :/
    I don't think that it was Odin who created the Junction Machine Ellone but that in the future his research is found and used to create Junction Machine Ellone. So it's not that they don't try to stop it, it's that once something has been discovered and written about it's very hard to destroy all documentation of it from the face of the earth so that it's never found again.

My wtf moment was when we saw they were from the same orphanage and had just forgotten everything because of the GF. I really didn't get that part much at all and I didn't think it was necessary but awell. The ending was also a huge wtf moment - probably the biggest one since many people can't agree what actually happened.

Xx..xX

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Zwank

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe somewhere in the story they realize that they did not remember each other because they all began equipping the GF's. For whatever reason, this screwed up their memories.

All is One.One is All. WTF moments in Storyline Firefly's Avatar

I haven't played this game in a while so I can't remember a lot,but anyway my biggest WTF moment was the ending where Squall is hallucinating(i guess). Oh and the whole Cid and Edea being married deal,wtf?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Time compression was a big WTF moment. Nonetheless, it was very cool.