Thread: What is your opinion on sword magic?

What is your opinion on sword magic?

I am starting this game again, and decided to use Steiner in my battle party this time since I have read that he has amazing strength and defense. But I am wondering something. Is it really worth it to put Vivi in the party so that Steiner can use sword magic? The main drawbacks with Vivi is that he has low HP and defense, and can therefore be killed easily. Basically, I would just like to know people’s opinions on the usefulness of sword magic. The other character that I plan on using is Quina, since s/he has many useful abilities and is essential for fighting Yans.

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

When I first played the game, I also didn't use sword magic that often. I'm currently (trying, haha) to re-play the game and I've already noticed that sword magic is pretty useful, mostly because the damage is higher than just sword or just magic. Plus, I didn't have a chance to vary my party so far.

What I'd recommend, if you haven't done it yet: Vivi has to be back row, so that he gets less damage. Then it should be easier for you, as he can't be killed that easily anymore.

I'm still pretty interested in how I'll handle sword magic while playing the game again, but I suppose I'll do what I always do: I rarely use magic at all. I'm more of a direct damage type of gamer.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

My best team in FFIX consists of Steiner, Vivi, Freya and Quina (this is for Necron, I replace Steiner with Zidane actually)

Sword Magic is the best to use for Steiner up until he learns Shock, then Vivi is pointless to use with him. Vivi is a black mage, the only character in the game who can potentially heal the entire team for 9999 and do dmg to the enemy for the same amount. No other character can heal like that. Low HP? Low defense? He sits in the back row for a reason, toss Guard from Freya or Steiner and he just wont die. Auto-Regen is your best healer actually in FFIX, regen and an animation = like 20% of your hp.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games