Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite party line-up

Crash Boom Bang What is your favorite party line-up Lily's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite party line-up

Zidane - obv
    Steiner - brute strength
    Eiko - far superior WM to Garnet
    Quina - Quina is just ace, and has some great eat abilities

I draft the others in occasionally, but that's my usual line up. I swapped Quina for Amarant on Ozma for his return magic. I;m not a great magic user either, which is why I rarely use Vivi. Freya was only really good for Rei's Wind...

For me it would be Zidane, Eiko, Vivi, and Quina.

Eiko because I find her more useful as a white mage than Dagger. Especially since I don't use summons all that much.

Vivi because I think he's awesome with his black magic attacks. Especially flare.

Quina because of his/her Mighty Guard and Frog Drop abilities. I doubt I could've gotten past certain bosses without his/her blue magic.

I also like using Steiner and Freya. Steiner becomes an absolute powerhouse when he gets into Trance form, and Freya due to her Jump ability.

Disciple of Bahamut What is your favorite party line-up DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar

It's been a long time since I've gotten to play FFIX, but I remember that my primary party was Zidane and the 3 ladies, Garnet, Freya, and Eiko. First off, Zidane's an obvious badass, despite his appearance, and his speed is unmatched. His Dyne abilities in Trance are pretty effective, too. Garnet has the 2 coolest summons in the game, in my opinion, those being Odin and Bahamut, but not in that order. Her White Magic's also not too shabby, considering her power is mostly focused on summoning. Freya is an absolute tank. She can take the damage, and she can damn sure dish it out, too. Reis's Wind really comes in handy with her, since it can replenish MP, which is very handy with the two mages. Eiko, easily the best healer in the game, yet also pretty good with the summons. I love how Carbuncle's ability can change depending on if she has a certain gem equipped or not. And Fenrir's kinda similar, though I definitely prefer its wind attack.
    I stare out towards the silvery moon
    Basking in its light
    My heart providing me a suitable tune
    To play for this wondrous sight
    I play for my Goddess of Love
    Who resides so far away
    She knows that what I dream of
    Is when she'll be with me to stay...

Everyone needs a savior What is your favorite party line-up the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

playing through the game i like to use zidane dagger vivi and eiko but after that right before ispen castle i train it to where my best party is zidane amarant dagger and vivi
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy What is your favorite party line-up Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Lately I've been using anyone that needs leveling up, but my personal picks are Zidane, Dagger, Quina, and Amarant. Zidane for Steal and Thievery, Dagger for White Magic and Odin, Quina for anything I need at the moment, and amarant for Chakra, which helps keep the MP flowing in battle. Truly recommend you equip his Power Up skill, it's a dramatic boost.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

scince this is a "post a list thread", I would like to make it known, I read the above posts

Zidane...no choice, stealing is nice.
    Amarant...chakra, no mercy, aura. This guy is great.
    Freya......i just think she is cool, and her dragon crest is maxed for 9999, and the wind(regen ability, is nice)
    eiko.....White mage, I just think she's cuter than dagger.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Zidane77's Avatar

My strongest i use is Zidane,Freyja,Dagger and Steiner, but swapping Eiko for supportive abilities is effective instead of Dagger. And if everyone wears shadow absorbing element armors i swap Vivi in.
    Don't find much use of Quina and Amarant, although they can be really useful, just not my preferred.

Everyone needs a savior What is your favorite party line-up the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JuzamDjinn View Post
    scince this is a "post a list thread", I would like to make it known, I read the above posts

Zidane...no choice, stealing is nice.
    Amarant...chakra, no mercy, aura. This guy is great.
    Freya......i just think she is cool, and her dragon crest is maxed for 9999, and the wind(regen ability, is nice)
    eiko.....White mage, I just think she's cuter than dagger.
    you are a creep eiko is 6 years old and plus daggers white magic is better and besides pheonix and carbuncle daggers summons are better too i think

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Eiko's magic list looked longer, I think she had more magic. I never summon, eikos Holy usually does around 6-8000dmg.
    She's a cute little girl, I didn't say I wanted to have sex with her. I'de like to use dagger too, if possible I would use her instead of Zidane.

Blog Entries

i like zidane though his trance is better then anyones except maybe vivi because double blk magic that already does 9999 is good but i guess eiko can do double white which can heal the whole party completly with curaga or do close to 16000 with holy so i can see where your comin from if you dont summon so i can see your point

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Boxer of the Galaxy What is your favorite party line-up Rowan's Avatar

zidane, vivi, dagger and steiner. Steiner is incredibly powerful endgame.

Blog Entries

i agree that he is powerful but i would still rather use amarant because of higher speed, chakra and no mercy

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Hey everyone in ff7 my favourite party is no doubt about it is cloud,red and cid.because red is good with physical and magical attacks and cid he gets a double weapon at the end as well to help cloud power up the materia at the end.so plus all three limit breaks are just awesome.now for ff8 in ff8 my favourite party is squall,quistis,and selphie cause quistis limet break is cool and selphie she eliminates every boss with the end if she get it.ff9 i perfure to use zidane,stiner,dagger,quina. in ffx i cant really say cause when they are all powered up exactly the same cant really say cuz they are all good.in ff13 i was getting on with fang,hope and lighting whitch was a pritty good party when they are hard enough.so there you have it they are all my favourite party.

Well right now I'm in Disc 3 and my main party was; Zidane, Amarant, Vivi, Garnet.

But everyone here is saying that Eiko is a better healer so I guess I'm gonna have to start leveling up Eiko for a while.

And for Quina I know alot of people is saying that he/she is really powerful because of his/her blue magic, but I don't know I'm just not interested in having him/her in my party.

Red Mage What is your favorite party line-up Henry's Avatar

My favorite team is Zidane, Dagger, Freya and Quina.

Mojo Jojo What is your favorite party line-up Trunks's Avatar

Jagermeister, Sol, Vodka and Red bull. Oh, what? FFIX...

I'm hilarious, I know.

Mine are Vivi, Zidane, Garnet and Steiner. I refuse to use Quina.

Quote Originally Posted by MAUTADINE
    And for Quina I know alot of people is saying that he/she is really powerful because of his/her blue magic, but I don't know I'm just not interested in having him/her in my party.
    Exactly. I couldn't care less how good his/ her blue magic is.

Vivi's special spells are amazing, Garnet has the best Eidolons, Steiner has great moves when coupled with Vivi and Zidane... Has to be used.

___________ What is your favorite party line-up Kyreaan's Avatar

I loved keeping Zidane and Garnet togther with not just the story line but also the combo of skills. Vivi and Freya were great and had them switch off as number 3 which was my varient spot while keeping Q. has much as I can. I don't remember getting all enemy abilities with 'it' but loved how they put that character togther as your blue mage.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I always have Zidane, Vivi, Garnet (who I always name Crystal out of habit) and Amarant.

Zidane because I have to and hes pretty good with speed and skills. Vivi because hes cool, i don't often have black mages on my team but I like him enough that he gets to be up front and center. Crystal, because despite technically being a worse white mage, I have never had a problem with her. I don't hate Eiko I just prefer Garnet. Finally Amarant because hes the coolest character and hes strong and fast even without throw.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Dark Knight What is your favorite party line-up Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

Zidane, Vivi, Steiner. And have Arumat switch with Steiner for healing.
    SPOILER!!:

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What is your favorite party line-up Master Garland's Avatar

My favorite part line-up is Zidane(even if I could switch him out before Memoria I would not he is just to powerful) Garnet, Vivi, and Freya or Quina.

Zidane has over the top stats and the very useful Soul Blade skill and Theivery his Trances are great for most of the game.

Garnet has very great stats and with 99 of all summon stones that power up her Eidolons does 9999 easy with all her summons and instantly kills minor enemies about 80% of the time( great for Yan killing) with Odin if she has high magic and 99 ores. Not to mention her butt is nice to look at when she gets done summoning.

I'll continue later...... I need to drive to the store real quick.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What is your favorite party line-up Master Garland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garland View Post
    My favorite part line-up is Zidane(even if I could switch him out before Memoria I would not he is just to powerful) Garnet, Vivi, and Freya or Quina.

Zidane has over the top stats and the very useful Soul Blade skill and Theivery which deals unblockable 9999 damage for only 8MP if you have successfully stolen items enough; and his Trances are great for most of the game.

Garnet has very great stats and with 99 of all the summon stones that power up her Eidolons she can do 9999 easy with all her summons and can instantly kill minor enemies about 80% of the time(great for Yan hunting) with Odin if she has high magic and 99 ores. Not to mention her butt is nice to look at when she gets done summoning.

I'll continue later...... I need to drive to the store real quick.

I am back now.

Vivi is a master magician and I love magic more than anything and magic in this game is very powerful. With Auto Reflect and Reflectx2 allocated on him he absolutely destroys enemies. As a matter of fact not much people are aware that with the right set-up Vivi can deal 9999 damage with ara spells even if they are not hitting weaknesses. How you ask? well all you have to do is set Auto-Reflect on everyone or just summon Carbuncle then have Vivi with at least 70+ magic cast a target-all'd ara spell on your entire party and it will reflect off your party 4x stronger and hit the enemy for 9999 damage at a cost of only 16MP!!! Not to mention next to Eiko he is the only character that can deal 19998 damage in one turn with Dbl Black Magic.

Freya because she has great stats and her Cherry Blossom can deal over 8000 damage to all targets and her Dragons Crest deals unblockable 9999 damage as long as you have killed 100 dragon type enemies. Her Dragons Breath deals damage based on how much enemies max hp minus it's current hp; so it is great for dealing 9999 to all targets as a second wave attack after already doing heavy multi-target damage the turn before etc which is great for killing those pesky Yan groups of three. Her Jump skill is great for damage while staying invincible in the air and it is beastly under Trance.

Now for Quina it has horrible stats and the worst spirit(which is the most important stat in the game) however it makes up for that with it's over the top utility of uses. Angels snack uses 4 Remedies in one turn to heal all bad status ailments for all characters, Frog Drop deals unblockable damage based on Quinas Level multiplied by # of Frogs caught = Damage so it is easy to get it to 9999 damage. It also has White Wind which heals all party members for the amount equal to Quina's max HP minus it's max HP so it can be very great. Mighty Guard is also very great as well.

Well, this is my favorite party list with in depth reasons.

TFF's Resident Messenger What is your favorite party line-up Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I normally use my lowest level characters to get them stronger, but after I can choose all four characters to be in the party I get to use my favorites.

My favorite party members are:

Garnet- Used for summoning and White Magic
    Vivi- Used for Black Magic
    Eiko- Used for White Magic and Summoning
    Quina- Used for Blue Magic

As you can tell, I'm real big with magic. Anyone can use a sword in life, but only the truly gifted can cast spells and summon terrifying creatures. I will occasionally switch one or two of my main party with Freya or Steiner. Freya Dragon abilities are amazing, and the Steiner/Vivi mix is always a neat way to combine physical and magical attacks.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Locke4God's Avatar

Well I'd usually go

Zidane - general fighting ability and well he is the lead character
    Garnett - white mage abilities, and again, she's the lead character
    Vivi - for black magic, and because he's my favorite character
    Freya - for all of the outstanding abilities she possesses

Eiko subs for Garnett when necessary
    Steiner subs for Freya about 50/50
    Quina & Amarant come in only when necessary. (magic isn't useful etc.)

Kai The Red Mage

this thread has just bin' red mage'd. deal with it.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Locke4God's Avatar

WOW,,,,, we're all really impressed Red Mage,,,,,,,,,,,,,, uh oh!!!

Jayde2010

i think im the only one that uses both white mages.... <.<

fav line up is Zidane, Garnett, and Eiko

i play around with the 4th member to wat ever is going on at the time

___________ What is your favorite party line-up Kyreaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai The Red Mage View Post
    this thread has just bin' red mage'd. [ COLOR="Red"][/COLOR ] deal with it.
    I like how you placed colored tags like no one would notice. The Vending Machine already gave you mastered Dualcast materia, so you're still "a moot point now."

Going back to what party members I noted, there was no red mage now that I think about it. The third party was usually Vivi over Freya, which would place both Garnet and Vivi as the party's red mage combo. I also used the Reflect combo for spell doubling. That would be the closest for FFIX for it being "red mage'd." Thank you for your input.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

My favorite party in FFIX is Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Dagger. Zidane for his leadership and character. Steiner for his class as a knight and his powerful offense. Vivi because his black magic and I think the look of the black mage is awesome. Dagger, because she happens to be one of my favorite female characters of the series. Plus, I need a white mage in my party and I much prefer her over Eiko.

All is One.One is All. What is your favorite party line-up Firefly's Avatar

My lineup in the exact order(bold= front,normal= back)
    Zidane,Garnet,Vivi,Steiner

Zidane: Obvious,couldn't switch him out(not that I wanted to..,he is my favorite guy in the game.)
    Garnet/Dagger: My favorite female in the game and plus I felt compelled to keep her and Zidane together at all times :]
    Vivi:Great Black Mage and one word: POWERFUL
    Steiner: Powerhouse (:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up

Last time I played I used Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Freya

but all the characters are good and I might change it up for next playthrough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast