Thread: A Theory About Sorceresses

Scourge of Esthar A Theory About Sorceresses CrazedMonkey's Avatar

A Theory About Sorceresses

Alright so in game they establish that a sorceress can't die until she passes on her power. So what if a sorceress refuses to pass on her power to another? What happens to her? Well I got to thinking about it and I realized something; one of the sorceresses you fight during Time Compression is the ONLY sorceress you meet in the game that looks like a monster. Even Adel, who, yes, was a giant, still looked very human. It's the same with Ultimecia, Rinoa, Edea, and all the other sorceresses that appear during Time Compression. So why is the nameless sorceress the only one that looks truly monstrous? Weirder yet, she didn't show any sign of intelligence during the fight. What if that's what happens to the sorceress that refuses to give up her power upon death? What if the very power their so desperate to keep robs them of their mind, mutates their body, and completely corrupts what they once were? Would that be why Ultimecia, whose only goal throughout the game was self-preservation, to the extent that she attempted to achieve godhood and rewrite all reality, willingly gave up her power to Edea? It's something I've been thinking about for a while now, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
    Last edited by CrazedMonkey; 10-13-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Boxer of the Galaxy A Theory About Sorceresses Rowan's Avatar
    Why would Ultimecia willing give up her sorcereess powers? I wouldn't call it willingly since she was on the brink of death. She knew her death was inevitable and I guess passing on her powers is some sort of sorceress code. Her feelings toward passing on her powers are clearly neutral at best. Also, all those sorceress that are fought during time compression, who did they pass their powers onto? each new one that was fought? I cant remember...

Plot Twist: Sorceresses are just l'Cie
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Mad God A Theory About Sorceresses Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Plot Twist: Sorceresses are just l'Cie
    And the Fal'Cie were just Yu Yevon's old drinking buddies.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Boxer of the Galaxy A Theory About Sorceresses Rowan's Avatar
    Wrong thread guysss

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/ge...ne-theory.html

I wonder what sex would be like with sorceress? Would they use magic to enhance the experience?