View Poll Results: Do you Believe in the Incomplete Game Theory?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%
  • Don't know much about it or I'm not sure

0 0%

Thread: Incomplete Game Theory?

Registered User Incomplete Game Theory? Locke4God's Avatar

Incomplete Game Theory?

Just wondered if any of you were believers in the incomplete game theory.

If you're not familiar (SPOILERS) it is the theory that Aeries either wasn't supposed to die originally at the end of disk one or was supposed to be brought back at somepoint thereafter. Of course she did die and was never brought back.

If you ask me, I think the game works better with her dying. A: It's very powerful. B: She gets that great scene at the very end where her image pops up as Holy is stopping the meteor from hitting the planet, implying that with her death and return to the planet she was helping to control Holy in defence of the planet. I just think that final image was very very important to the end of the story.

But, it's intriquing. The points for the theory are strong. One suggest that the theory is real because during your final battle when your party is divided into 3 groups, one of the groups is a man/woman short. Also it is very very difficult to get Aeries final limit break without fighting more than you've ever fought before prior to her death. And on a production note, there was heavy speculation that the end of the game was rushed, perhaps preventing developers from having the time to flesh out her re-emergence in the story.

So what do you think?
    Last edited by Locke4God; 09-03-2009 at 11:15 AM.

No, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get all of her mastered stuff by the end of disc one. If you remember right, you can get not only her legendary weapon, but all of her limits too, before she dies. Although i'm not ruling this out, I just won't believe it until there is proof.

HRH Albha Incomplete Game Theory? Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As far as I remember, Aeris was always supposed to die, even before Tifa was introduced.

Game files strongly suggest that Aeris was going to die in the Northern Crater (most likely during the first visit). This is shown through an unused cave that plays Aerith's theme in the N. Crater, alongside the fact that characters do not appear on the base map, as is common in all FMV scenes. The FMV where Aeris is killed by Sephiroth also holds a clue, with Sephiroth seemingly falling through two different scenes.

The game was incomplete in many other ways as well, a few other things missing included:

• The objective of shutting down every Mako Reactor in the world, which was originally in the game's script but was instead handled by Reeve in-game.
    • The key items 'Letter from a Daughter' and 'Letter from a Wife' that were somehow related to Marlene.
    • Originally there were supposed to be more than 'three' underwater locations.
    • The apperance of Jenova in her humanoid form.

(All of this, I recieved just from reading some of the Ultimania guides. There is probably a lot more.)

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Angelicos Incomplete Game Theory? Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    Now, I believe the incomplete game theory, because of all the stated reasons, and also because the lack ofcutscenes for Vincent and Yuffie.

Point is, yes, I believe the incomplete game theory.
    Last edited by Alther Primus; 09-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

@ Armeggedon - I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing I am. I'm specifically referring to the Aeries situation and not other things that may or may not have been left out.

Angelicos Incomplete Game Theory? Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    Yeh! I know! The Aerith issue the missing stuff that was included, but dummied out and other missing stuff ect. ect.

I.E.There are also materia that were left out like Booster, which I think was supposed to be an AP modifier.
    I think there was a wayy for Aerith to come back, or she was going to die in the crater. (There's a dummied out scene that has Aerith's theme playing)

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Now, I believe the incomplete game theory, because of all the stated reasons, and also because the lack ofcutscenes for Vincent and Yuffie.

Point is, yes, I believe the incomplete game theory.
    The reason for the lack of Vincent and Yuffie in the FMV's is down to one simple reason, they are optional characters.

To include them in the FMV's they would have to create a number of additional FMV's;

FMV's without yuffie and vincent
    FMV's with the addition of Yuffie
    FMV's with the addition of Vincent
    FMV's with the addition of Yuffie and vincent

Would have resulted in a few extra discs to store the game i predict, and alot more money.

Good point Nix. By the way, is Vincent not the best Optional Charater in the series, perhaps in any game ever.